Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Soul Sacrifice demo is up

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 19, 2012 10:06:33 PM PST
In the Japanese PSN store. Downloading now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 10:34:46 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
You got my hopes up. Do give us your impressions though.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:21:06 PM PST
Jon says:
Its like when I get home from work and my girlfriend is standing in the doorway in a bathrobe and says "I'm going to bed" and blows me a kiss. Only to walk upstairs to see her in footiepajamas passed the **** out.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:32:59 PM PST
I. Flores says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1VBXGww5UE

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 12:31:39 AM PST
Jon says:
Thanks Flores. Looks great

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 1:25:36 AM PST
TimesTicking says:
I hear demo is amazing.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 1:39:37 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I thought the demo was out in NA this month too. Shoulda known Japan would get all the good stuff!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:08:00 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Even better news...Unfinished Swan demo is out in the USA!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:14:26 AM PST
Let us know how it is Jason!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:10:25 AM PST
Coffee says:
Youuuuu son-of-a-beach. And here I was thinking I would actually be able to play this thing today. That YouTube video of the Japanese gameplay was sick.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:56:46 AM PST
DeadCell says:
Anyone else getting tired of the US being the last to get Vita demos?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:09:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:09:24 AM PST
On primarily Japanese games? Not really. Often they need a US publisher to pick up the game and translate it, which doesn't move as quick as it should.

Japan gets a ton of games that we'll never see over here, it just so happens that SS is eventually coming to the US and has quite a lot of followers here already.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:22:17 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I can't pin down what this game is all about. Are we talking action-RPG or more of a hacknslash? Also, decision-making stuff regarding what you're going to sacrifice?

Either way it sounds cool and I'll be waiting for a US demo.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:28:11 AM PST
Sorry it took so long to get back to this thread but I wanted to play enough of this demo to give a fair impression of it and I was pretty tired last night.

First of all, the score is amazing. I really hope they make the music available on iTunes or on a CD with a limited edition. It's that freaking good.

Secondly, the graphics are kind of weird. Keep in mind that this is a demo and may not be from the final build but there are some areas that have lots of detail and are extremely blurry in other parts of the same area. There are also some textures that are kind of..bleh. Not as bad as Nintendo 64 era but yeah, a noticable lack of sharpness at times. I am not a person who places much importance on graphics but graphics whores may be disappointed. The art design has a nice if macabre style.

Gameplay has a strong God Eater vibe. I'm not great at Japanese but from messing around with the demo I can see you have lots of choices for customizing your character. There are spells you can pick up that give you new forms of attacks or defense or healing or...something. Again, the language barrier prevents me from just reading what each spell does so I'd have to try out each and every kind of spell as I pick them up. They do enable different kinds of play styles like shields or long rage attacks. If you pick up multiple types of the same spell you can refine it into a more powerful version. You can save enemies or sacrifice them and one action or the other levels up either your defense or your attack. So if you wanted to buff out your attack attribute you would opt to sacrifice your enemies whereas saving them boosts defense.

I'll try to play some more of the demo later on.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:35:19 AM PST
1#Pen Name says:
Too bad the vita is account linked....sigh....

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:36:56 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 13, 2013 3:02:16 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:35:51 PM PST
Sparhawk says:
Hacknslash with RPG elements. Consider the 3D Kingdom Heartses or Kid Icarus: Uprising's weapon system. Lots of dodging and slashing, with your abilities defined by what you choose to equip from an array of collected loot, with numbers constantly getting bigger in the background.

...that spiky hat in green looks /amazing/.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:41:56 PM PST
And this is why no one takes you seriously. The majority of your posts are complete negative crap.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 12:48:49 PM PST
1#Pen Name says:
I just finished downloading the demo.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Retail Hallucinations And The Pointlessness Of Owning A PlayStation 4 or Xbox One 8 1 minute ago
5 reasons why Forza is better than Gran Transactions 12 2 minutes ago
Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer - Whao!!! 17 7 minutes ago
So I Tried My First Halo Game Yesterday 7 10 minutes ago
OT: Does Anybody Here Remember Goosebumps? 55 12 minutes ago
The 'Metal Gear Collection 2014' that Kojima recently hinted at has turned out to be...a clothing line. 4 15 minutes ago
Destiny, Exotic gear 50 25 minutes ago
OT: In a forum where the trolls roam freely and the console war rages, there is one last bastion of hope. Where the righteous make their final stand. They call it "the OT." 2198 37 minutes ago
Semi-OT: Former MLG Gears of War pro and gamer Danny "Phobos" Zeitz was shot and killed over a ps4 he sold on craigslist 17 47 minutes ago
New TGS Bloodborne trailer 1 48 minutes ago
Humble Store sale 5 55 minutes ago
3 free games; you must have the good gaming system to get them 15 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Dec 19, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions