Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Entertainment Collectibles Shop Now HTL
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dreamfall Chapters announced, a follow up to The Longest Journey and Dreamfall

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 10:51:10 AM PST

Dreamfall Chapters announced, a follow up to The Longest Journey and Dreamfall

Tom Senior at 04:24pm November 1 2012

Marvellous news for fans of Ragnar Tørnquist's Longest Journey series: there will be more of it! Ragnar teased the announcement on Twitter and it's been officially announced in a press release on the Funcom site. It sounds like it'll remain true to the original games. "#Dreamfall Chapters won't be an online game," Tørnquist tweets. "It's going to be a single-player PC/Mac adventure game through and through."

With the Secret World out, Tørnquist has stepped into an advisory role as "creative director," which now gives him the chance to follow up from Dreamfall, released in 2006. It's taken a bit of rights wrangling to get the project greenlit. Funcom have agreed to license the Longest Journey IP to Tonrquist's new studio, Red Thread Games, in return for a share of the eventual profits. Red Thread have to fund production themselves, but have apparently already received a sum from the Norwegian Film Institute to support pre-production.

"I'm very excited to finally have the opportunity to continue the `The Longest Journey' saga," Tørnquist says in the press release. "Ever since we ended `Dreamfall' on a nail-biting cliffhanger, players have been rightfully demanding a sequel, and my deal with Funcom will finally make that possible. I'm extremely grateful to Funcom for this unique and exciting opportunity, and I can't wait to dive back into the universe I helped create more than a decade ago, and continue the story players have been waiting for these past six years."

Funcom say that "Red Thread Games will release more details about `Dreamfall Chapters' in the coming months."

Figured some people might like this news.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:53:24 AM PST
I can't wait. I still have my copies of TLJ and DF. I've waited so long for this.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:06:01 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Port the first games to iOS and then I'll be excited...

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 11:37:59 AM PST
Seriously? You'd be excited about having to hunt for items on a small screen? If anything iOS would make the experience worse.

Anyways, I'm a huge fan of adventure games and can't wait to buy this.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Adobe Data Shows Top Sellers on Black Friday: Samsung TVs, iPad Air 2, Microsoft XBox, Lego Star Wars, Shopkin Dolls 0 10 minutes ago
Microsoft's Xbox One Is Selling So Poorly Retailers Are Getting Desperate 295 18 minutes ago
Weekend Gaming and Weekly Recap 11/27-29/15: Sales. Sales Everywhere. 26 19 minutes ago
PS4 brings in in the most dollars at Best Buy on Black Friday 1 24 minutes ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 1332 24 minutes ago
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 just got a tad bit less crappy due to a 7.8 GB update 2 29 minutes ago
Alright, your TDay/BF weekend list of shame. Whatcha getting/got? 158 31 minutes ago
Microsoft VP: Xbox One Will Never Come Without Kinect 85 33 minutes ago
For $70, I quadrupled my PS4 storage and doubled my Xbox One storage 8 34 minutes ago
OT: Three killed, nine injured in attack on Colorado abortion clinic 22 38 minutes ago
Sony Unlocks PS4's 7th Processing Core for Developers 36 38 minutes ago
Phil Spencer: You can share Xbone games with any ten people 369 40 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions