Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Anyone still wear a wrist watch?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 167 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 2, 2012 2:29:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012 2:33:17 PM PDT
Maybe it's just another sign that I'm getting older, but not many people I know wear them anymore. They all use their cell phones. I'm like obsessive compulsive about checking the time for some reason. Every 30 minutes or less I glance down at my watch. Just got a Timex Men's T2N107 Elevated Classics Dress Black Leather Strap Watch because my old watch died. And I started thinking about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 2:31:37 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I used to...but I gained a little weight and it's really tight and uncomfortable now. My cell phone suffices.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:32:18 PM PDT
Kin-foot says:
I want to buy one from Tokyo Flash but I currently don't wear one.

http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/1/

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:32:27 PM PDT
absolutely!!!! I feel naked without one. Got a watch box as an anniversary gift from the wife two years ago and have about 5 different watches for diff occassions. I assume at some point (when I can afford it), I'll have a nice small collection (the box holds 10).

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:33:04 PM PDT
Generally speaking, no. Between my phone, tablet and handheld game system it is pretty easy to see what time it is. I will wear a wrist watch on occasions where I am dressing up.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:33:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012 2:36:36 PM PDT
Anyone ever check out the Time Bomb II by Oakley?!?!?!? it's a freak of nature watch, but oh so flippin awesome.

Oakley Men's 10-294 Lightweight Titanium Watch

http://www.oakley.com/products/6411/23710

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 2:36:02 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
Yep. I'm not compulsive about time keeping but I find it much easier to look at my wrist than pull my phone out and turn it on so I can see what time it is if there isn't a clock nearby. I did have a friend make fun of me for it a few years ago ("Who's watch is this?" "It's gotta be [Emu]'s. He's the only guy I know that carries a phone and still wears a watch"). Now that I'm older, though, I like wearing one even more just as an accessory. There are some pretty cool timepieces out there. The one I wear currently was an anniversary gift from a few years back, but even the wife has commented that it's getting pretty beat up and it may be time for a new one.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 2:36:19 PM PDT
GUEST!! says:
When I really want to look nice. Watches have become man-jewelry for me.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:40:08 PM PDT
I don't think I've owned one for 20 years. Always loose them. I wear no jewelry.
I have had a GPS for running but I broke it.
I have a cheap Walmart watch that doesn't keep time. I use it as a stop watch when I go on my runs.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:44:22 PM PDT
FOGE says:
Every day but I forgot to today and it bothered me all day. I have 4 I cycle through. Usually my Seiko or Tissot.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:45:19 PM PDT
Only when I need to dress nice.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:45:33 PM PDT
Fullme7al says:
I'm 12, what is that? No, I'm kidding. I'm going to get one soon because I'm lazy. I'm tired of pulling my phone out of my pocket just to check the time.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 2:46:30 PM PDT
Fullme7al says:
Those are some tight watches.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 2:49:00 PM PDT
Kin-foot says:
I like them. Some of them might take awhile to learn how to read what time it is haha. At least they started putting up Youtube videos. I haven't seen watches like those anywhere else.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 2:49:03 PM PDT
For that money you could actually get a watch that doesn't look horrible.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:54:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012 2:54:57 PM PDT
I got one as a wedding gift from wife. two as anniversary presents. and two as christmas gifts. I guess I've never really just gone out to "get one" before.

but it probably helped that I told her "hey dear, I like watches" :)

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:55:37 PM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
I got one for christmas years ago and only wore it around the person who gave it to me to be polite. I can't stand having things on my wrist, it really irritates me. I can only imagine that being arrested and handcuffed would be a nightmare.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 3:00:04 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012 3:00:29 PM PDT
That Emu Kid says:
And have $2,000+ left over for video games. Or hookers, whatever.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 3:09:02 PM PDT
Timex Men's T49632 Expedition Analog Metal Tech Casual Watch

This has worked for me for quite a while and it's durable. Serious pain in the but to change the band, but that just goes with the territory at times. The only times that I'm not wearing it is after my nightly shower till I wake up in the morning, and the times that I have to hand wash some dish or another. Other than that, I just don't feel right if I don't have it on my wrist.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 3:12:38 PM PDT
Jon says:
This is what I wear
Tissot Men's T0015204728100 T-Touch Watch
I feel naked without it.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 3:15:08 PM PDT
Peter says:
Yep. I wear 'em. I own four which I alternate every month or two.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 3:15:32 PM PDT
Some of those are cool designs, but I would have to relearn how to tell time! lol I'm picky when it comes to my watches. I can't stand when the dial is cluttered with stuff. It's got to be clean and easy to read. A back light or some kind of illumination is also a must. I like it to have the date too. When I was younger I always used digital, but these days I think analog watches look much nicer.

It's weird hearing some of you say it's basically jewelry for when you dress up. I only dress up when people get married or die. lol A watch is just one of those essential things I have with me. If I forget to put it on it bugs the crap out of me all day.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 3:18:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2012 3:25:52 PM PDT
Frenat says:
I feel naked without a watch and only take it off when I shower (and sometimes not even then if the band needs to be cleaned). I take my wedding ring off to sleep but I can't sleep without my watch on. I most often wear a timex digital/analog Expedition combo Timex Men's T49742 Analog-Digital Resin Strap Expedition Rubber Strap Watch with either a leather or nylon band (the rubber band that came with it broke a while back). I also have a Citizen EcoDrive solar powered watch Citizen Men's BM8180-54A Eco-Drive Railroad Stainless Steel Watchthat I wear to church and the office. It lists for over $130 but I got it for $40 last year with a sale from the special offers Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2012 3:25:37 PM PDT
Nice watch. I would wear that.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 3:33:08 PM PDT
John McClane says:
Only for fashion reasons I have a Tag Heuer & Rolex.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  76
Total posts:  167
Initial post:  Oct 2, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions