Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Demon's Souls Help

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 129 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2013 8:43:26 AM PST
eMJayBlaze says:
Hey Guys. I'm looking for some assistance with Demon's Souls. I'll give a little backstory first. I played through Dark Souls twice, and absolutely love it. One of my top 3 games ever. Of course it was difficult, but I fought through it, and it was SO worth it. Recently I got myself a PS3, and obviously, the first game I got was Demon's Souls. I started it as a soldier, and as of right now I have about 9 hours into the game. I have defeated the tower knight, and Phalanx, and that armor spider thing. Sure, they were all difficult, but all were beat on my first or second try. Now, I am stuck. No matter what world I go into, I just keep getting killed. I have an upgraded Broad sword+5, the Crescent Axe+2, and the Soldier Shield+5. I've leveled up quite a bit, to the point where leveling up is around 4000 souls... Most enemies I come up to at this point can kill me in 2-3 hits. The bigger enemies, 1 hit. I don;t really know where to go from here, as I have tried each world multiple times, and always get to a certain point I just can't pass, no matter how pacient I am. I don't want to give up, but it's honestly to the point where it is more stressful than enjoyable. Even in Dark Souls, when I felt stuck, there was always another way around, or something else I could do to make whatever part I was stuck on easier. I would really appreciate any detailed advice for what to do from here. Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:46:05 AM PST
Soulshine says:
You are about to get a ton of help. Not from me though, haven't played it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 8:50:12 AM PST
new Tron says:
There should be a Flaming Broadsword that you find in 2-1 or 2-2 (can't remember exactly) that will make things easier for you for the time being. What build have you been leveling up towards creating (ie, strength, dexterity, etc) ?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:53:40 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Just know the 2-2 boss is a challenge!

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:55:31 AM PST
eMJayBlaze says:
I'm a strength/vitality melee guy. I dont have any magic or anything to hit baddies from a distance, but havent really felt I need to, and didn;t in Dark Souls either.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:56:58 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 8:58:01 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
First off - have you mucked up World Tendency?

This is CRITICAL. If you have turned all your worlds black than it would be advised to restart and and play in soul form.

Also, I am a potshotter from a distance and it, in all honesty, makes this game MUCH easier.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 8:59:55 AM PST
Are you using the thief and cling ring combo from 1-1?

You're probably getting into physical resist enemies (area 2) and it's good to use the magic falchion from 4-1 against them.

Did you inadvertently turn your world towards black? If you die in body form in a world the game gets harder. It's often best to use thief / cling ring combo and suicide in the nexus if you don't plan on summoning help in the next area.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:00:21 AM PST
eMJayBlaze says:
Last I checked it was pure white, but I think it was an event. I havent killed any NPCs if thats what mucks it up...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:00:51 AM PST
Sars says:
get you a bow, It will help you a lot. Im doing a strengh build but i always have a bow handy just in case.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:01:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 9:02:57 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Killing NPCs turns your character black. Dying in body form turns the world black. 4-2 in pure black is a BEAST.

Edit: The strat Cap lays out is definitely the one I'd recommend and what I was getting at with my earlier post.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:02:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 9:03:22 AM PST
Which other areas have you tried? You might want to do 4-1 and get the crescent falchion so you have some magic damage. Or, you could head *left* after the armored spider archstone and meander through the tunnels there to get the flaming sword. That's great one to use for awhile.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:03:06 AM PST
Docgreedo says:
Unlike Dark Souls; a bow is very helpful in Demon's Souls. Get you a bow and grind the reaper in 4-2.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:03:18 AM PST
eMJayBlaze says:
And yes, I have both theif and cling ring on. Yeah, the miners in the second part of area 2, after the armor spider, take atleast doublr the amount of hits as the other miners I was up against earlier.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:03:57 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Yes, flaming element is a huge bonus in World 4 just like magic element is in World 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:04:05 AM PST
Highly resistant to physical damage. Do area 4-1 for the crescent falchion and then go back and beat the crap out of those miners and head left for the flaming sword.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:07:51 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I thought that too, but magic is a blast to play as, and it really makes you feel like a bad ass.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:09:12 AM PST
eMJayBlaze says:
That sounds like my plan then. I was exploring after the spider, and couldnt figure out why the enemies were so much harder... Unfortunatley I am also having a hard time on 4-1. I get past the initial skeletons, but then when I get past them, I get stuck either at Vanguard, or the black knight if I go past the trap. I guess I'll keep fighting through that part until I get what I need, huh?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:10:09 AM PST
You're going to have a very difficult time with the maneater. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:11:39 AM PST
You've gone too far. The falchion is before Vanguard. Go to the left inside the wall and the black skeleton is guarding the sword. Throw a... there's something you can throw to get his attention, then grab the sword and run off. :D

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:12:11 AM PST
eMJayBlaze says:
Any advice on how to get past the black skeleton? That will be my next task, then I'll get the crescent falchion, then bak to the mines to get that flaming sword...

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:13:24 AM PST
eMJayBlaze says:
Yeah, I just realzied the black skeleton is before him. I have a ton of those things that get their attention, so I will try that. Thanks for the help. I won't get a chance to play for a few days, but when I do, I'll get back to you guys and let you know how it went.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:15:37 AM PST
Docgreedo says:
Throw a Soul Remain <- what Capt K is saying; or hope your good at backstabbing.

Vanguard is super easy with a bow; and there is a bow in 4-1; it's actually the best starter bow (Compound Long Bow).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:15:43 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Is that that flying sting ray looking thing?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 9:16:37 AM PST
I can't for the life of me remember what strength weapon I used in that game. I highly recommend faith/strength/vit builds to use blessed weapons. The blessed mirdan hammer with an adjudicator's shield on your back gives you crazy life regen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 9:17:21 AM PST
Docgreedo says:
No Maneater is the boss of 3-3; you can kill one with a bow before entering the fog; they are like the Gargoyles of Dark Souls.

Also all you need is this thread:

http://www.amazon.com/Tbucks-Demons-Souls-Review/forum/Fx1SF5I8IQVUR4L/Tx2RF17NB79EVQE/7?asin=B000IZWNLG
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  129
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions