Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Now that we have a HD Nintendo console, will we see Nintendo HD collections?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2012 6:12:56 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 6:22:12 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
Following in the footsteps of the other HD consoles like the PS3, I'm hoping we get some well deserved HD releases of some great franchises in Nintendo's library. Do you think we'll get them or will Nintendo disappoint us?

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 6:24:42 PM PST
It's entirely possible. Nintendo has been all too willing to sell older game collections so they may as well take advantage of the opportunity. I tried hooking up an N64 to my HDTV and it looked like roadkill vomit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 6:28:13 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
LOL Jason. Some of the older games really haven't aged well visual wise. I really hope they do because I know this will please a lot of nintendo fans and hopefully introduce some newbies to some of Nintendo's classic games. I know if they do release some HD collections, Nintendo better start paying me a salary because I'm going to push them hard when I work at Target.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 6:47:36 PM PST
I really would like a Wii-U version of Okami...

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:13:17 PM PST
aidenraine says:
well, Nintendo DOES love to milk money from rehashing old franchises, so I'd imagine they'd be all for it.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:03:30 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:58:52 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I think that will happen before long. I was just relieved to get it for the PS3 finally.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:09:41 PM PST
The Wii-U is really the perfect console for Okami. It can do HD, which is great since the game is beautiful (and even more beautiful in HD). The combat in Okami is much better with buttons, but the celestial brush is best with a touchscreen (c.f. Okamiden). The problem with Okamiden was that the DS only had the one d-pad so the camera controls were terrible, but the Wii-U has two sticks.

So you implement Okami HD on the Wii-U like the PS3 version except for the Celestial Brush, which you do with the touchscreen. This would be the absolute best way to play Okami ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:22:56 PM PST
Prankster says:
What kind of a game is Okami really? I have been hearing so much about it. I feel like picking it up on the PS3 after my backlog reduces a bit.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:26:54 PM PST
It's like a 3D Zelda, except instead of an elfin boy, you're a wolf who is the avatar of the Shinto sun goddess.

Instead of a fairy helper, you have a tiny green artist who lives in your fur.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:48:15 PM PST
Given that we've already seen a few remakes on the 3DS I don't think it would be too far fetched to see an HD collection or two on the Wii-U. Nintendo has a huge library of games to pull from which would benefit immensely from an update and would be a great way to tide fans over while they wait for the next big release. We also saw something similar to this on the Wii with Pikmin and Metroid Prime being reworked around the Wii's control scheme and a few minor graphical upgrades.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Mario and Zelda featured in this with games like Mario Sunshine, Galaxy 1 an 2, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and others getting a visual update. Fans would eat it up I think and I know I'd be first in line to see some HD Mario titles like Sunshine and Galaxy. Metroid as well could be in line for this but it depends on what Nintendo plans on doing with the IP given how poorly Other M was received.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:31:12 PM PST
Prankster says:
Umm, I haven't played any Zelda game unfortunately, so that kinda went over my head. I will have to read up on the game and see a few gameplay videos when I go home to understand it exactly I guess.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:32:43 PM PST
WHAT?!?!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:39:39 PM PST
Prankster says:
Yes, I know. The shame is great. But I never really got a chance to. The game, if it was marketed here, wasn't really famous and hence I never got it for my NES. And that's the only Nintendo console I have ever owned. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:45:29 PM PST
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword with Music CD

Get this now.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:53:49 PM PST
Prankster says:
I don't have a Wii :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:54:17 PM PST
Get a Wii-U.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:59:44 PM PST
Prankster says:
I don't have the money to invest so much at a time. That's why buying games is easy because it's like small investments spread out over intervals. I think I will borrow my friend's Wii though. High time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:06:53 PM PST
wow. and it only took a year for it to literally "temporarily" drop to this price, and it'll go back up. this is the reason why i can't stand Nintendo anymore. it literally takes half a decade for their line up to fall into what used to be called "Player's Choice".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:10:08 PM PST
Wow, a legit reason to hate Nintendo . I respect you, good sir.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:12:12 PM PST
with good intentions too. seriously, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is almost 3 years old and its STILL $49.99. what the f-in' crap is that, i can pretty much get hundreds of games before that game ever reaches "Nintendo Selects".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:14:21 PM PST
I think that Ninty games tend to not lose their value over time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:25:43 PM PST
If you've got a decent enough PC and a controller to use I'd suggest downloading some ROMs and checking the series out dood. Totally worth it and I think you'd highly enjoy it. Even the older titles would be awesome for you to experience. Link to the Past and Link's Awakening are two of my all time favorite Zeldas which just about any PC can handle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:28:36 PM PST
Prankster says:
I remember Ghost had given me some links but I lost them. If you can suggest some stuff on FB, I will check it out and download it on my laptop. I can probably play it whenever i am not at home or out with my laptop. Should be fun. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 11:38:54 PM PST
I'll poke around and see what I can find for ya dood. ROMs and emulators have come a long ways so you'll be having some serious fun in no time!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  54
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions