Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Halo 4 :'D

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 52 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 4:34:55 PM PST
Halo 4 is the Halo game I've spent years waiting for. Pacing, narrative, gameplay, presentation, and content has all been trimmed (for the better) and/or polished to an almost slick mirror sheen, and admittedly, the music in context is absolutely stellar. I was wrong for judging it without having experienced it WITH the game. The only problems I had with the game were maybe 1 or 2 unanswered questions about the story, but other than that, it's my personal game of the year, my new favorite 360 game ever, and the best first-person shooter game of this console generation as far as I can tell.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:38:38 PM PST
Harmicky says:
Glad to see you enjoyed it.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:39:22 PM PST
I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I'm on chapter 6 in the story, but what I really enjoy is the MP. Saturday I put in about 7 hours on the Mp alone.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:44:13 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Mp is crack indeed. Best to date.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:50:17 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 5:50:06 PM PST
"Mp is crack indeed"

I know! I was playing it yesterday and was like, one more game then it's off to bed, kept telling myself that, but I just couldn't stop.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:53:53 PM PST
oh i love those nights...but when its good you dont care if you feel like a zombie the next day

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:56:55 PM PST
Same. Definitely the Halo I've been impatiently waiting for since finishing Combat Evolved.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 5:05:29 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I was massively disappointed with the single player champaign. I feel it could have been explained better and chief could have been painted as more human. The commercials and 343 saying they were going to delve into chief's humanity and backstory IMO was nothing more than lip service. I liked the cortana chief dynamic but I felt the story fell apart in the latter half of the game along with the gameplay. The main villain was forgettable and not set up well. The latter levels, while beautiful started to blend together and were mostly the same, and the gameplay if felt relied too heavily on "shoot those three orbs to bring down shields, push these three buttons...ect". A big deal was made about the promethan weapons but they were nothing more than unsc weapons reskinned and didn't feel very high tech or offer anything different. The final boss fight (if you can call it that) was laughable, I won't spoil it for anyone but it could have been explained much more and maybe, just maybe could have been a fight. On the positive side the game is beautiful, the sound, lighting and music top notch and the mp is good (even though I'm horrible). I might give it another go and try to find the terminals for a better story explanation, but I was just expecting more.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:47:58 PM PST
I actually think that MC received more development here than in all the other previous games combined. He had more dialogue, and he displayed genuine emotional turmoil. The final scene clearly implicated that he's questioning his humanity. I'll agree with you about the villain if he *SPOILER ALERT* is dead, but if he's alive, I definitely think The Didact has ALOT of potential as a recurring menace in the new trilogy. Halo was never about boss fights, and considering The Didact's abilities, I thought they handled the ending sequence very well. As for the levels, I thought the art design brought about alot of variance while sticking to a certain theme. I could see why you'd think the goals throughout the course of the campaign could be repetitive, but I thought that it was everything in-between that really makes the game fun. Besides, it's not much different from finishing a fight and then going to a cut-scene. At least with what Halo 4 does, your goal is clearly defined and you can pick up whatever weapons or armor abilities you want that are scattered around the battlefield before pulling the switch or breaking the orb so that you don't have to worry about not being equipped with what you want for the next sequence. I also have to disagree with the promethean weapons. I thought the whole roster was very-well balanced, with some getting particularly distinct properties without becoming more powerful than the similar covenant or human weapon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 6:45:42 PM PST
I don't know, I thought the story was pretty vague early on but picked up halfway through and never let go.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:08:15 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Love the new name:

I am not far into the game. I am dying a lot on Normal! God, I have become a pansy when it comes to gaming but I will power through. Unfortunately, football has taken precedence, but I will play a lot more this week. I will say that I tried to play while drunk and instead got motion sickness! So that was a no go.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:17:33 PM PST
AndrewA says:
The objectives in the first half were terrible. Find a way off the planet. Okay let me look at the sky for a bit. Nope that's not happening.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 7:19:55 PM PST
So.....who hacked Wanda?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:38:31 PM PST
I thought I've made it clear that I <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Halo =P

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 7:43:36 PM PST
Only 3 chapters in but I am loving it. I cannot believe how good this game looks, these are the best graphics this side of Uncharted, I didn't know the ol' box had it in him.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:44:13 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
Could be anyone, his passwords been out for a week now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:55:26 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:32:50 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 7:57:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 8:09:14 PM PST
IPhantom says:
I like the mp too, but the lag compensation is awful at times. I'll put a clip into someone's head then they'll turn around and one shot me. The kill cam will be hilarious; it will show them not even hitting me at all. It's not all the time, but often enough to be annoying. I really wish there was a dedicated server so I wouldnt be penalized for having a good internet connection.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 8:05:03 PM PST
Blake says:
Ya the connection is really a hit or miss right now. If you have a good host you can tell, if not you constantly get black screens and lag.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 8:06:34 PM PST
I am playing it cooperatively with the brother and a friend. The graphics are incredible and the gameplay is decent; but I can't shake that "been there done that" feeling.

Half way through the game and I'm bored already. Right now all I want to do is finish it so I can trade it in with the 100% credit at Best Buy. I never liked Halo MP so I'm not even trying it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 8:19:02 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
You must have used different promethan weapons than I did. They were carbon copies. The only one different was the promethan rocket launcher that shot multiple missiles. They had a pistol, carbine, rifle, sniper, ect. They could have at least made alternating fire abilities or something. I agree that the diadect has a lot of potential, but so did the story and IMO it wasnt met. The only humanity chief showed was toward cortana. There was no attempt to show or expand upon his human side. There was plenty of opportunity with chief in cryo. Look what they did with the commercial, they could have expanded on that, but they just had a cutscenes with dr. Holsey (sp?) explaining the Spartans.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 8:25:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 8:26:32 PM PST
Pick 34 says:
I just don't understand people liking this story. I liked the chief/cortana dynamic but the rest was cliched.

***SPOILER******

Chief wakes up, wants to save cortana, oh no diadect is bad and wants to destroy humanity, librarian zaps him, find the weapon or diadect is going to use it, push buttons, jump from one platform to another fighting the same villains, cortana somehow restrains the diadect, chief a knocks him down, he survives nuke, cortana's gone. THE END. Not much more explanation is given. The games only six hours long, a lot more could have been injected.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 8:34:27 PM PST
A sci-fi story that's "cliched"? Shocking!

Anyways, I like Chief and Cortana, which is why I loved the story. I don't care about any potential "cliched" fluff.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 8:36:35 PM PST
AndrewA says:
There's only so much innovation you can add to a first person shooter.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 8:38:27 PM PST
The last two FPS games I replayed were Crysis 2 and Killzone 3, which had insanely dull and uninteresting stories.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions