Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Skyrim: Where is Tolfdir ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012 8:27:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 8:27:37 AM PST
Ok im desperate, i need help finding tolfdir. I just completed the college of Winterhold quest, (well, i think i did..). Now it seems i have to find Tolfdir to tell him something and then go to "Saarthal" but i cant find him anywhere! I searched the college over and over but he's nowhere to be found. I can see the map marker on the map but i cant seem to actually get there either, i think its underground or something...Anyway im not even sure if tolfdir is there...

I checked 2 or 3 walkthroughs but this part is not explained in details, it seems to be something very easy to complete so i assume they didnt felt the need of explaining where to find him but i've been stuck for a few days now....Any suggestions would be appreciated!

thanks,

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:29:54 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
Try here?

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Tolfdir

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:31:55 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Don't you meet him at the dungeon?

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:32:01 AM PST
Thanks Kin-foot, im looking at it right now..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:35:19 AM PST
Yes its possible, but if the dungeon is inside the college then i went there already and there's no one down there except for that girl...

Then again, i may be wrong about the dungeon's location...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:36:40 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
You are, the dungeon isn't in the college, it's a draugr-type tomb.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:39:22 AM PST
Ok, would that be where the map marker is pointing ?... It seems to be underground but i went there and i couldnt find anything. Also, when im inside i lose my marker, which tells me im not exactly where i should be...

From wikia : When not instructing apprentices in the Hall of the Elements, Tolfdir resides in the lower level of the Hall of Attainment, sleeping or eating.

checked those already, still cant find him...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:40:59 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
It's been so long, I'm pretty sure Saarthal is in a bit of a valley, you take some stairs and the entrance is at the bottom.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:44:44 AM PST
Ok, do you remember if Tolfdir is supposed to meet me there ? or do i have to find the dungeon first? that wasnt very clear in the walkthough either...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:45:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 5, 2012 8:45:26 AM PST
colleges/universities could use more dungeons imo

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:47:35 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I'm pretty sure once you go to the dungeon you meet him and some other students.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:51:29 AM PST
damn! the first thing i'll do when i find him is hit him a couple time in the face with my shield for making me lose so much time...lol...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:52:21 AM PST
Ok, so i'll be looking for that dungeon then. Will see how this goes...

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 8:54:43 AM PST
King George says:
That is one long quest fun but long I done that yesterday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 8:59:33 AM PST
I like the game a lot. it can be tricky sometimes but its a lot of fun.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:09:49 AM PST
BTW thanks a lot guys! I initally thought the dungeon was inside the college of winterhold but now i know its not. I'll be looking for that draugr tomb....that must be where tolfdir is.

Im at work right now but i'll try this as soon as im home. I still wanna hit him though, even is he's there. I can be a very angry gamer. I'll make sure i save my game first..lol..Will let you know how it went...:)

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 9:27:11 AM PST
King George says:
I was once a adventure like you, till I took a arrow in the knee lol I love hearing that

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 9:41:55 AM PST
LOL!! yeah i hear this one quite often. There's that grumpy dude at the college in the Arcaneum too, hes annoying...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 1:04:15 PM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
In case you need a walk-though:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Under_Saarthal

Meet him and your fellow students at Saarthal, the dungeon alluded to in other posts.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:10:24 PM PST
Gomb says:
I would leave Toldir alone, but definitely kill J'zargo the first chance you get because he's a douche... a dark tunnel during the Saarthal class trip would be a perfect place for that.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012 1:26:00 PM PST
Thanks a lot guys. I'll just need to explore Saarthal a bit more, following the map marker around there is not easy; when im inside the cave at some point, i lose the map marker, if i go back outside it will re-appear again but will disappear rapidly depending on where i am on the mountain. This usually tells me im not at the right altitude, its usually because there's a door down the mountain, or more up the mountain.

I think i already killed j'zargo. He was with that girl and they wanted to come in with me to steal some stuff but something happened when we were inside and he started to attack my precious lydio (or lydia?) Anyway, i had to kill him but i let the girl live. Now i need to find Tolfdir..LOL! A friend of mine was laughing at me and told me that if i cant follow the map marke anymore then i've been playing too much and i cant see straight .....he may be right. Maybe i should leave it for 2-3 days and get back to it, but no, not now. I'll take a brake after this quest...maybe...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 5:51:10 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
Actually, J'zargo is a prime candidate for a death by the Ebony blade, the daedric artifact that gets stronger the more followers you kill with it. Do his little side mission and he'll follow you, then Blam.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Ebony_Blade_(Skyrim)

For bonus points, you can sacrifice him at the Shrine of Boethiah.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Boethiah%27s_Calling

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 6:00:05 AM PST
OP says:
I don't know; J'zargo can be one of your best followers. Better to waste somebody like Faendal or Sven for Boethiah / the Ebony Blade.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012 6:23:39 AM PST
M. Stifler says:
Question: Did you already listen to Tolfdir's speach in the Main Hall inside the College?

He was talking to other newcomers to the guild about not showing off and learning the basics of magic first. If you have done that, you are supposed to meet him at Saarthal. Once you get there and take out the bandits, you have to wait an hour or a few until he arrives. Then he comes and unlocks the door to Saarthal, which cannot be opened until he gets there.

Posted on Nov 6, 2012 6:55:28 AM PST
Just started this game over again, and I got a big reminder on how many dang things there are to do in game. My god, so many dungeons to clear in this game. I'm just trying to rush to get the evil version of Star of Azura. There are so many people that the game lets you kill that it's the most effective. Bandits abound.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions