Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wii-U available at NewEgg.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 37 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2012 7:55:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 8:12:48 AM PST
Mike Snyder says:
It's not a "great" deal in that you're not saving anything, but at least it's not an eBay rip-off. It's the basic model, bundled with Nintendoland, New Super Mario Bros U, and Zombie-U. The bundle is $480, which is basically the retail MSRP of the console ($300) and each game ($60). Plus shipping is around $14. But if you really want one, at least it's not scalper-pricing. And for many, no tax.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16868100130

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:59:57 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 18, 2012 8:12:02 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:15:36 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I was just at Best Buy shopping DSLR's. There are plenty of Wii U's on the floor.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:22:49 AM PST
Susan_G says:
Gone now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:26:16 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Probably cancelled preorders. I think people are seeing just how not that great the WiiU is.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 8:31:50 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
It has been available for a couple of days.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdThread=Tx35LYNJJV6RHOH

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:48:53 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Out of stock now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:04:13 AM PST
Nintendoland is not worth $60 on its own. Get it in the deluxe set, or wait until after Christmas when you can pick up a used copy for $20.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:37:39 AM PST
It's really great. It will just take some time to really build up the greatness. The 3DS wasn't so great when it came out and cost 250, too much. Now, it's much better and only 170. There are good games for it now, and integration with the Wii U will be awesome.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:47:55 AM PST
Susan_G says:
I didn't know about the integration - I was just thinking of buying myself a 3DSXL, but we're buying the Wii U today, so it's a lot of cash to lay down at one time (not usually, but my son just had $18,000 in surgery - OUCH!)

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 9:49:25 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Haha Wii U is garbage. Graphics comparison of Batman Arkham City

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/jxkcvl/batman--arkham-city-armored-edition-wii-u-graphics-comparison

check out 1:11. NO TEXTURES on the building at all for a whole minute.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:54:47 AM PST
There isn't really any integration yet, but a lot is planned. You could wait off on the 3DSXL for a bit.

Hope your son has a speedy recovery.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:55:54 AM PST
That is just lazy programming, not lack of power. I have access to NASA super computers, and I could program them to make a text based game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:25:29 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 10:57:56 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
I have the PS3 version and it looks and plays fine. The Wii U version looks like SHIT and the video is proof. Don't spin anything. Facts are facts.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:58:53 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
D E N I A L
All over the place.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:02:40 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
Seems like I struck a nerve there, oops.

Anyway, I'm not spinning anything dear sir, you seem to have forgotten that the PS3 version (which I own and have played) needed a bevy of patches to get it to it's current state.

Selective amnesia, perhaps.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:20:08 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Good call. The building looks like a blob.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:26:01 AM PST
Donkey Punch says:
"later in it's cycle (1-2 years)"

Ha ha ha. By that time the Durango and the PS4 will be out. You've got Nintendo blinders on to the world, man. The game looks like crap compared to the 360 or PS3 version. I still think it's funny that Reggie Fil-Aime thinks it's a different game but it's really just a bad port with shiny costumes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 11:47:04 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 11:47:45 AM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
Ah, but you've hit the nail on it's head. When the Orbis/Durango are out I'll buy them for Orbis/Durango games. (First party) I'll still have my Wii U for first party games where N consoles usually shine anyway. As for third party I'll simply choose the version that best suits me.

Whether the Game-pad functionality is the deciding factor or whatever edge/hook/gimmick the Orbis and Durango employ. That, not graphics is the deciding factor for me.

If I may speak truthfully, a lot of the hate you see out there from Nintendrones, Sonymites, Xbots are a direct result of a lack of finance.
If you could afford them all, you'd buy them all and have the best of each to choose from. When you are forced to choose, however, you get biased toward whatever it is you own.

But if you spent hard earned cash on something, you're going to treasure it, rather than just judging it while looking on. This gen, I'll have them all and love them all for their individual strengths.

That's the way I see it, anyway.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 11:55:46 AM PST
Gomb says:
LOL lack of finance? We all have computers and monthly bills for high speed internet connections, I doubt 299$ for another last-gen level system is going to break our bank. I think that most of us just realize that this system could have been release 3 years ago and it would still be already outdated, and since we aren't 11 years old anymore games about princesses and giant mushrooms aren't really entertaining.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 12:01:01 PM PST
Susan_G says:
Eh, speak for yourself. I just turned 40, and I continue to purchase each new Nintendo system because I enjoy their first party games. I DO find the Mario games and other Nintendo games entertaining and fun. We "grown ups" don't have to forego enjoying things like that just because we're older, and just because we may also enjoy more mature titles which are better played on other consoles. We have all the current consoles, and we will purchase a Wii U as well. They all have their good and bad qualities - but for us, it's worth the cost of the new console to continue enjoying the new first party Nintendo releases. And we can still enjoy playing other things on PC, XBox, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:11:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 2:25:09 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
You are my walking, talking proof. If $299.99 won't break your bank, why then do you still comment on forums about it? As stated in your post, you believe it to be last gen and that yourself and others have decided you don't want it. Why do you feel the need to justify not buying it?

If you aren't interested in princesses and mushrooms, why are you online, in a forum (thread), dedicated to persons wanting to buy a console that features princesses and mushrooms explaining to someone (who's getting it) why YOU don't want it?

Does that make my statement above true? Or Is it a weird sense of justice to save other people some money? Or is it something else? Please, deliberate.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:53:37 PM PST
I don't believe you. These things are rare.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 12:54:46 PM PST
That's just one crappy game. The new 3D Mario and the new Zelda will be amazing.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xd895ad8c)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  37
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions