Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Mechanical Keyboard questions regarding Cherry MX switches

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2013 5:43:02 AM PST
Anyone have a mechanical keyboard? What type of switches do you use any why?

I think I'm on the fence between red and black because blue would be far too loud. I don't want everyone online to know when I'm hitting a key. Do reds have tactile feedback or is that only browns and blues?

Anyone know what force a standard keypress on a non-mechanical keyboard is compared to the red or black switches?

I wonder if Microcenter carries mechanical keyboards where I could try out the different keys...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:11:26 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
What blue-switch keyboards are you aware of? I definitely want to get one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:14:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:16:30 AM PST
The new ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro allows you to pick which keys you want it built from when you buy it.

It also comes with customizable backlighting, macro keys, thumb keys under the spacebar, audio/USB ports, two on-board processors, and 2mb of system memory.

http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Keyboards/ROCCAT-Ryos-MK-Pro/

Supposed to be available soon. I plan on picking one up as soon as I have the option to purchase it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:18:18 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
The thumbkeys are prob the neatest feature i saw on that ROCCAT. The general layout is very similar to a Logitech.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:21:24 AM PST
I agree. It looks very similar compared to my G15, but 1) My G15 is dying, 2) I want a mechanical keyboard.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:24:27 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
I thought the ROCCAT looked really cool, but reading the features list makes it sound like it's gonna be prohibitively expensive.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 6:28:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 6:28:27 AM PST
$150 according to the CES release. Not a bad price at all for a good mechanical gaming keyboard.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions