Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Hitman Absolution Levels Smaller and Instanced?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 16, 2012 5:27:27 AM PST
I could swear I read an article somewhere that said that the levels are comprised of smaller, separate areas. So going through an elevator, or certain doors, which lead to either the previous area of a level or the next area, will load you into the different area, and if you go back to the previous area, enemies reset to default positions. I haven't heard anything on it since that initial article, so I was wondering if anyone else had heard that.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:32:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 5:32:55 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
no idea what about play thru time ? I'm sure depending upon how you play but some kind of range any idea?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:33:25 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
they have three reviews up on metacritic for ps3 version only so odd 90,90,88

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:36:01 AM PST
I haven't heard anything on playtime. The complaints I've heard were all on the PC version, but the big one was that a lot of the objectives just open doors to the next area of the level.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:50:16 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/10803/article/conan-o-brien-reviews-hitman-absolution/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:49:50 AM PST
Just read the gameinformer review that gave it an 8.75 and he said his playtime was a little over 20 hours so its a pretty lengthy game.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:39:09 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
this game will be $20 bucks on steam in a year, not sure if i want to hold my $52 preorder or not w/ newegg

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 4:01:08 PM PST
GI the magazine says that the level are smaller then the ones in Hitman: Blood Money. The game is about 15 hours from what they say.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 8:27:43 AM PST
Heard you cant customize your inventory before a mission like you could in Blood Money. If that's the case that's a real dissapointment. Not a deal breaker but come on. The checkpoint/saves thing doesn't bother me too much. Im not fond on the instinct thing and don't plan on using it. I think i'll just stick to Purist mode
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions