Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: This is a perfect day to troll America.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 131 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:33:59 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I bet Prague is a really cool place to visit. But I'm not sure why this is a perfect quote if it is coming from the point of view of a country that does not directly elect their top leadership. Their president is selected by parliament, and he appoints a prime minister. (This will change in 2013). From wiki:

"The Czech Republic is a pluralist multi-party parliamentary representative democracy, with the Prime Minister as head of government. The Parliament (Parlament České republiky) is bicameral, with the Chamber of Deputies (Czech: Poslanecká sněmovna) (200 members) and the Senate (Czech: Senát) (81 members).

The President of the Czech Republic is selected by a joint session of the parliament for a five-year term, with no more than two consecutive terms. The president is a formal head of state with limited specific powers, most importantly to return bills to the parliament, nominate constitutional court judges for the Senate's approval and dissolve the parliament under certain special and unusual circumstances. He also appoints the prime minister, as well the other members of the cabinet on a proposal by the prime minister. From 2013 on, the president will be elected by the public, not the parliament."

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 9:21:19 AM PST
Mel says:
de drpa derp!

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 5:00:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 5:07:16 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Me ? Thx Punk. I thought we were already best friends ?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:57:35 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 8, 2012 4:57:55 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 4:57:04 PM PST
You're so nice, wanna be friends?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 4:56:05 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
From Prague, The Perfect Quote:

Occasionally people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way that can be quickly understood; this quote - from the Czech Republic. It was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper, Prager Zeitungon

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their president."

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:31:49 AM PST
LogJam says:
Well moultonhawk and roadking, you guys are doing such a great job representing your cause that I don't even have to make my own arguments!

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 11:23:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 11:23:55 AM PST
I just hopped into the Politics forum to check it out and man, it's a mad house in there. I've never seen so much butthurt before.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 11:18:28 AM PST
RoadKing says:
Yes they did. I did say Sandy and Joplin in comparison to Katrina. Not a stupid point, a lack of comprehension that was stupid.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:33:45 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I can't see the post you're replying to, but this is a great idea for a buddy-comedy.

Barry Madison

"Uh-Chlorophyll. Well now that, ah, that sounds more like Boreophyll."
"Hey Teacher, do you want some of this milk? This could be our milk, ah, we don't have to tell anyone. It's only fair. Hey how 'bout you Sideburns, you want some milk?"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:23:28 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
I was comparing the "bust out" (a common, if quaint, mafia tactic) to the practices of the company Mitt Romney co-founded.

Although he may have left, he set up the direction that the company continues to follow in his absence.

I wasn't saying he's like a mafia don. But, looking at it objectively, Multinational corporations have plundered the world on a scale that mafioso's could only dream about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:20:44 AM PST
I would say it's a good analogy, if a bit of an exaggeration. It's the same concept with different means.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:19:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 6:20:06 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
So did the Northeast after Sandy? They helped each other before government help came through.

I don't understand your stupid point?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:09:51 AM PST
FOGE says:
Well, a lot of the factories closed down after Mitt left Bain Capital. I think you may be exaggerating a bit comparing this Mormon Presidential candidate to a Mafioso.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 6:02:30 AM PST
Thank Joseph Smith we don't have a Mormon president!

The last thing we need is a loopy guy in charge who believes in fairy tales and rejoices in rapture....*Looks at Obama's religious preferences*....We're screwed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:57:53 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
How did he get so successful? By busting our companies and pocketing the difference, like a mafia boss. Remember that scene from Goodfellas where they torch the bar? Yeah, that was small potatoes compared to Romney. The company he co-founded, Bain Captial, was a pioneer in the practice of closing down factories and shipping jobs overseas.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/romneys-bain-capital-invested-in-companies-thatmoved-jobs-overseas/2012/06/21/gJQAsD9ptV_story.html

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:51:19 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
That's funny. Look who it is organizing relief efforts in NYC. OWS? Yep.

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/11/5/after_sandy_occupy_movement_re_emerges

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:46:48 AM PST
FOGE says:
Hahaah I dont get this. DOnt vote for this guy! Hes been incredible successful at what he does!

WHAT?!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:44:40 AM PST
FOGE says:
Well clearly they wanted help. But a lot of people freaked out after Katrina and just waited for the Govt to show up.

After Joplin, neighbors began to help one another while trying to get back to normal lives. Its just one of those differences between smalltown, USA and the cities.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 5:41:08 AM PST
Frankenzubaz says:
What was I saying, earlier, about critical thinking skills?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/12/us/even-critics-of-safety-net-increasingly-depend-on-it.html

http://articles.businessinsider.com/2011-08-18/politics/30039546_1_blue-states-federal-taxes-red-states

It's not that people don't have the information, or are "ignorant". They're not.

It's more that the enormous glut of information becomes difficult to wade through, and people don't have the critical thinking skills to separate wheat from chafe. Especially when media go so far out of their way to mislead us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 2:37:35 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
Yea the fact that Romney was white rich and successful was a huge play as a negative.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 8:54:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:03:23 PM PST
RoadKing says:
Interviews a lady who said she didn't like Romney because he wasn't presidential. Then went on to ask her if Obamas choice of Ryan as his running mate was a good one and did she think he picked Ryan because Ryan is African. American? Yes and probably. Asked her if McCain has
a better chance this time to beat Obama, answer no. If it wasn't so
damn asinine it would be hilarious and Obama didn't have to work hard
to get reelected and he knew it. It didn't matter how he fared in the
debates, he knew that also. Minds were made up long ago and he knew
enough minds were made up. People have basically spoken and said
that 4 years is not enough for him to make a difference yet in 8 years
when things are even worse the Democrats will march another person
out promising to get the rich and people will eat it up because rich
people are evil vs rich people are successful. That is how America has
changed. You can see it in this very thread with the remark about rich
people are scared they will have to pay their fair share. Rich is the devil. Government is our savior and I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage or filling my gas tank because Barack is going to help me. Another brilliant interview.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 7:01:55 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 7, 2012 7:05:16 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 6:35:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 7:09:36 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
RoadKing thank you for being normal and getting it. I feel like an outsider more than ever on planet earth, especially after last night.

My analogy of the Demos as zombies and Barak as their zombie leader, I'm not trying to be funny I believe it, it's a phenomenon.

Barak could burn the country down for 4 more years with a torch and if he could run for more than two terms I feel strongly they'd elect him again. He's a great orator, and the best salesman this world has ever seen. I already see Barak & Clinton two of the most socially charming presidents ever back slapping each other campaigning accross America by train for the next Democrat elect. <That's going to be a nightmare for Republicans. The Republicans are going to have to nominate Tim Teebow & Justin Bieber as his vice to beat the next Democrat running in 2016.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 6:25:13 PM PST
RoadKing says:
The majority of welfare recipients, free phone recipients, etc. Etc. You are convinced they voted for Romney?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  131
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions