Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Wii U basic with Nintendo Land- $299.99 at Best Buy

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 68 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 3:28:30 PM PST
"Also I have a WiiU and 6 games, but I guess that doesnt matter...aimirite? "

In a perfect world it would matter but hey, I've had/have the PlayStation, PS2, PSP, PS3 and Vita and do far more to support Sony than most of its fanthings but that doesn't seem to matter to the Special Ed Sonymites.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 3:23:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 3:26:25 PM PST
and my real name is Naughty Doug..

I wouldn't expect you to understand why I have all of those games on my wish list. This isnt the account that I purchase items from Amazon anyhow...lol

Btw, I have no "real" wish list, what I want I buy.

Also I have a WiiU and 6 games, but I guess that doesnt matter...aimirite?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 3:18:31 PM PST
Well, the system isn't being discounted, just throwing in the game but yeah, that is kind of early. I do suspect that in your eagerness to be smarmy you somehow missed my "Fiyah sale!" in the original post.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 3:14:33 PM PST
RJMacReady says:
Kind of early for such a big discount on a new system, don't you think Jason?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 2:26:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 2:31:16 PM PST
got mayo?™ says:
We have a time share in Kissimee we are using....just need to worry about airfare, car rental and meals/spending.

Looking into airfare for 4 and it will be $880...between my wife, kids and I we ended up with half of that in prepaid ciftcard/cc's...may as well pad the cost with them and book early.

It is pretty spendy affair. We usually just do parks 2 -3 days in that week and the rest is spent At the resort pool side and Downtown Disney in the evenings...its free, lots to do, Lego land...and watch the fireworks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 2:23:09 PM PST
"The WiU has barely just over half that, and is in stock mostly everywhere."

But how can you possibly know this? I have no idea if it's right or wrong but you do not have access to global numbers so you don't know it either.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 2:16:49 PM PST
It's a good thing that it's in stock. As to the demand, just wait until N starts teasing some of their big titles and watch the numbers climb. All they have to do is create a short montage with Samus, Link, or Fox McCloud and watch the consoles move super-fast.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 2:13:28 PM PST
Sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 2:13:02 PM PST
By the end of the year '06, the Wii had close to 3 million units sold worldwide, and was sold out everywhere. The WiU has barely just over half that, and is in stock mostly everywhere.
That's where my underwhelming comment came from.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 2:12:28 PM PST
Lyrick_ says:
those two are basically synonyms.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 2:08:54 PM PST
Like I said, there is no European entity that accurately tracks sales for that market. VG Chartz doesn't have access to the December NPDs yet either. All they have are the Japanese numbers, just like you and me. Out of curiosity, how does VG Chartz compare Wii U sales to the PS3, 360 and Wii during the same point in their respective lifecycles?

In any case, it does appear that you were indeed talking out of your rectal orifice.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 2:05:04 PM PST
If you consider VGChartz someone's rectal orifice, then yeah, I was.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 2:02:31 PM PST
Well, what other numbers could you possibly be talking about since you don't have access to the December NPD numbers yet and there is no entity to accurately track European sales. Were you just talking out of your rectal orifice?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:59:17 PM PST
No, I wasn't talking about Japan

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:42:50 PM PST
Yeah we call those people fanatical fanboys.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:33:56 PM PST
Basically with the Deluxe models until the end of 2014 whenever you make a purchase on the eShop (Wii-U eShop that is) you get like 10% back from your purchase. It's a nice little rewards program in my opinion and if you're the kind of person who buys plenty of digital titles this is almost a must have.

Also I'm loving the people hating on Nintendo simply because it is Nintendo. Seems like no matter what they do there is just no appeasing some people.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:29:33 PM PST
Just don't mix up that overgrown Americanized iguana version with the true King of the monsters.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:20:38 PM PST
Well, you don't have reliable December numbers for the US because you know, NPD only releases those on a monthly basis. There is no entity that accurately tracks European sales so if you describe the Wii U sales as mediocre you must be talking about Japan.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:18:47 PM PST
So, Japan numbers. Thanks for the info.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:10:00 PM PST
Punk! says:
Next stop, Godzirra!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:09:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 1:10:39 PM PST
Not surprised that you didn't like it. You have 22 items in your wish list. 21 are for PlayStation games and the last is for an Uncharted novel. If only there was a PlayStation breakfast cereal and Nathan Drake bedsheets you'd be all set!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:08:59 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
How dare they, how DARE THEY DO THIS.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:05:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 1:06:57 PM PST
I didn't like it. But been enjoying the other 5 games I have for the WiiU

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 1:03:23 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 26, 2012 1:10:45 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 1:00:42 PM PST
This thread is full of global economists.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa1fa9438)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  68
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions