Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I finally did it. My life is complete

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 26, 2012 6:59:57 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I fired up the NES over the long weekend to settle a score with Ninja Gaiden. For over 20 years I could not beat the game. When I was little I made it to the final boss once and quickly died. I was crushed when the game sent me back 3 levels. Little did I know there are actually 3 final bosses. Well, on Monday I did the impossible. I beat Ninja Gaiden. It was like this huge monkey lifted off my back when it was over. I can now die a happy man.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:02:56 AM PST
Congrats! That's quite the accomplishment! I could never do it.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:09:03 AM PST
A customer says:
Good. Now beat Shinobi and Ghosts N' Goblins. You'll find yourself moving up in the world very quick.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:11:04 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
That's cool. I had one of these moments when I finally beat Double Dragon. I could never beat Willy and Jimmy back to back, if I could even get to them because of the annoying sequence at the beginning of mission 4 with the walls that push out; however, I was finally able to beat this game a few years back. Now if I can just beat a Contra game on NES, I'll be good. I don't care which one: Contra or Super C, I just want to beat one without using 30 lives.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:11:50 AM PST
A buddy and I are trying to beat Contra without using the code. Much more doable, but still very difficult, in co-op.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:14:56 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Nice. Good luck with that. I'm fully aware that I'll never beat a Castlevania game or Ghosts and Goblins on NES, but I've come so close in Contra so many times that I know it's doable.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:26:40 AM PST
Congratulations!

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:52:07 AM PST
Came in here expecting to hear an awesome story about 2 ladies and a goat, kinda disappointed.

Seriously, that game was massive hard; I never completed it. The reboot, as much as it was said that it was hard, was nowhere near as difficult as the original.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:58:11 AM PST
Man congrats JT, I could never do it either. Respec.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 7:58:32 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I might try to beat Double Dragon II next.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:00:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 8:00:45 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I find Double Dragon 2 to be easier than 1, and lots more fun. 3 is the hardest though, and the most likely to initiate a controller breaking rage moment.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:00:20 AM PST
I tried a similar comeback with Ghosts and Goblins and failed :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:04:52 AM PST
Can't imagine why... that game is brutal ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:39:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 9:02:34 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I hope your buddy is good. Contra scales the boss health up when there are two players, so if your partner is bawlz, it's actually easier solo.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:40:10 AM PST
Did you beat it on NES, or did you play it on a 3DS and cheat using save states? If you beat it for real, much respect.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:40:49 AM PST
We're both gamers in our mid-30's whose skills in platformers have significantly decreased as we've aged, so this news is not promising.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 8:43:46 AM PST
I beat Ninja Gaiden on the NES when I was 7.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 8:54:31 AM PST
Surprisingly, some of those games were easier when I was young. I beat Ninja Gaiden at my cousins house (Ninja Gaiden and Gradius, I remember that fondly). I doubt I could pick up a game like Mega Man 1 and beat it in a few days like I did back in the day (Blockbuster Video ftw).

My favorite Castlevania is III and I was a master of that game as a kid, but when I downloaded part one on the Wii VC it demolished me :(

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 9:01:12 AM PST
Spider-Man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge for SNES kicked my ass as a kid. Still haven't beaten it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:16:38 AM PST
You know, as a kid I could beat Ninja Gaiden on the NES (Assuming I had time for LOTS of continues.) I found CastleVania and Mega Man to be much more difficult.

I've played through most of Ninja Gaiden on the 3DS (Currently at 6-2.) While the save states help a lot in the sense that you can get past one tricky enemy, save and end up dying without losing your progress but the game is still pretty tough. You still have lots of difficult jumps to make while enemies are firing away, the ninjas with rocket packs are still annoying, the falcons still respawn, etc. In fact, even with save states you might find yourself dying on purpose just to be able to continue with full health.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:23:16 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I did it with the NES. I was so happy I got my wife to come look at the final cut scene and watch the credits roll with me. She thought it was dumb but I was so happy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 9:39:22 AM PST
"I fired up the NES over the long weekend to settle a score with Ninja Gaiden."

I think the first five words of the first sentence answer your question lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:14:02 AM PST
LMAO, someone needs more coffee.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:14:44 AM PST
I had no problems with Castelvania or any of the Mega Man games, but I could never beat Ninja Gaiden.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2012 10:15:28 AM PST
No idea how I didn't read that in your initial post, lol, sorry man. Congrats.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  54
Initial post:  Dec 26, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions