Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Hitman what what?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2012 10:01:20 AM PST
I never played a Hitman game. Should I buy Absolution, or should I play the previous games first?

Where to start?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:02:43 AM PST
I'm not a fan of the series. Blood Money seems to be the most universally liked title in the series, so you may want to try that one if you don't want to fork over the cash for Absolution.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:04:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 10:05:03 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Absolution looked awesome, but that review that said the main target kills are like AC2 where you have to chase them down first through a scripted event kind of blew it for me. Then it said that you don't kill most of the targets even after you catch them. Plus, according to that review, the game pretty much demands action over stealth which the series is known for stealth above all else. It doesn't even sound like it's possible to play stealth even if you wanted to, like Deus Ex is.

This went from must buy to must miss.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:06:33 AM PST
So they basically made some new action game and slapped the 'Hitman' moniker on it in hopes of selling more copies?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:08:03 AM PST
That almost sounds ridiculously easy.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:10:46 AM PST
prsmooth says:
You will be hard-pressed to find a cheap copy of Blood Money nowadays. Probably at Gamestop , but most places go for $30 used and new copies go even higher.

To answer the OP's question, the basic premise of the Hitman games is giving you the freedom of dispatching your targets in many different ways. You could choose to go guns blazing or use stealth to get around (e.g. using disguises, sneaking) to get to your objectives. At the end of the mission you will get rated on how "clean" you completed your mission: alerts, alarms, # of npcs killed, how targets were dispatched; The highest rating you could get is Silent Assassin.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:10:55 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Pretty much.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:14:38 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Sounds like if you have never played a Hitman game then it doesn't really matter if it went from an emphasis on stealth to an emphasis on action...it will just be a cool action game. Trailers make it look pretty awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:14:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 10:15:16 AM PST
prsmooth says:
I haven't read reviews of Absolution yet , but if it plays like that then I might forgo it also .

That's disappointing when the emphasis on the previous titles were on stealth and style of your kills.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:15:18 AM PST
Kendahl says:
They are making an HD trilogy that will include Blood Money.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:16:20 AM PST
prsmooth says:
If that comes out, I may get that.

Do you know when they plan to release it?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:16:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 10:18:08 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Someone posted an advance review on this forum, let me see if I can find it.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/video%20games/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx1FSBWOOLNSH6X#Mx2JFT5XHJ71RVR

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:23:39 AM PST
Kendahl says:
I don't think they have a North American release date for it yet...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:31:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 10:32:49 AM PST
prsmooth says:
Thanks.

That's not good. I was looking forward to this title. At one point, I even considered preordering it. Good thing I didn't.

I'll wait for more reviews, but this went to a bargain bin to probably pass for me.

Too many good games at the moment to even bother with this.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 10:37:00 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I take it you haven't watched any of the demos or developer walkthroughs?

The majority of the ones I saw were full stealth, and not once did you have to chase the target before you could kill them.

Maybe the levels they showed(2 or 3 of them) were not indicitive of the rest of the game, but it sure looked like you had a lot of freedom to me.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:37:37 AM PST
Kendahl says:
Bargain bin is what...$10? How can you not want this game at $10 when all you have to judge it on so far is some trailers, which make it look pretty dang good? I can understand not wanting it at full price, but not even at a bargain bin price?

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 10:37:48 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
What what? In the butt.

You can't say that without adding the second part.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:20:16 AM PST
Haha... I tried that before as a title and Amazon got me in the butt for it.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 6:40:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 6:41:08 AM PST
"Hitman what what?"

In the butt.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Edit: Damn Ninjas!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions