Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion impressions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2012 5:00:42 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
Didn't see a thread about this game. I've been playing it for about an hour and I'm loving it. Great platformer. I really like how they incorporated painting objects on the touch screen. I had to get use to the stronger jump by landing on the enemy at the last minute. Love seeing all the Disney characters in this game. Especially my homeboy Scrooge McDuck. What are your thoughts so far?

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:03:35 PM PST
I think its rilly fun to play i like the painting part of it too :D

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:04:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2012 5:05:26 PM PST
new Tron says:
Funny this thread popped up....I just came back from the mall where Nintendo has a holiday kiosk set up. Aside from playing a bunch of Wii U games, I played Power of Illusion and thought it was more fun than any of the Wii U games I played (NSMBU, ZombieU, Nintendoland)

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:19:54 PM PST
I really enjoyed the demo. The panting was fun, had some nice visuals(the background of the Peter Pan level looked nice) and felt like a classic 16-bit era game.

I'll probably pick up the full game during the holidays or shortly after.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:25:07 PM PST
Horowitz says:
I'm really liking it a lot, though I see many didn't like the demo for whatever reasons.

2D sprite graphics are great, gameplay's fun, environments have a great look and charm to them, etc.

Yes, you have to switch between the top and bottom screen a great deal, but you had to do the same in their previous platforming games that had a twist, such as Henry Hatsworth and Monster Tale.

It may not be perfect, but this is a great return to the fun times I had with Disney games on the Sega Genesis, especially Castle of Illusion. The Aladdin throwback is great, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 5:25:08 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
Definitely pick it up Krypto. I just rescued Goofy and looking forward to see who else is in the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 5:26:37 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
I loved Monster Tale Uzi.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 5:32:06 PM PST
"Especially my homeboy Scrooge McDuck."

You know, for some reason I could picture you and Scrooge McDuck being buddies.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:38:04 PM PST
Did you play Epic Mickey, Jawwaad? I'm curious to know how it stacks up to that game (which was kind of mediocre). I really like this idea and would love a good platformer set in it (I here it's a musical, no less).

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 5:40:20 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I'll be getting this next year sometime. I need to tackle the backlog a bit, especially now that I've added another console to the mix. Wii U is great.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 5:46:12 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
lol Matthew

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 5:47:18 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
I have it my backlog right now but am yet to play it. The biggest problem I heard about it was the crappy camera angles.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 5:56:40 PM PST
The camera was not great, but the biggest problem I had with the game was that the environments, textures, and color pallette was kind of drab. I imagined that you'd be using the brush to bring color exploding back into the world, but it was just kind of dingy and grey. From the trailers it looks like that aspect has been completely fixed in Power of Two.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 6:26:10 PM PST
Horowitz says:
Same. I got it for $5 at Five Below.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 10:55:48 PM PST
Nicos says:
pfft, you Duckburg elitists. Come out to the mean streets of St. Canard to see how the 99% live.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 7:56:36 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
So, I have been playing off and on this weekend and like I said in the OP, I love it but this game can get hard at times. There are parts that you have to paint an object at a precise moment or you miss out on getting something or saving someone. Something that I like but I do find a little tedious is the objectives you have to do while in the fortress which consist of nothing more than going back and forth between the rooms of the characters you have saved. It's like it was just a game filler. I have opened the third wing of the fortress now and it's getting much harder.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 8:39:39 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
I heard this game was shockingly short, and can be beaten in one sitting.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 8:52:22 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
I'm in the 3rd wing of the fortress and I have about 4 hours into it but it might be because I died a couple of times. That's why I think they added the objective fillers into the game to increase the length of the game. It's harder than I thought as you have to make precise jumps and landings to avoid losing a heart.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 8:53:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 26, 2012 8:53:59 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
According to the Destructoid review the developers had to cut a bunch of content to make deadlines.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 10:16:46 AM PST
Horowitz says:
Honestly, most of these games were short. I beat Castle of Illusion in 2 hours in preparation for this.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 26, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions