Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

I thought Wii U was a new system.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 79 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:51:26 AM PST
Jawwaad says:
And I don't disagree with you RJ. We all know that the Wii U's launch titles aren't the best look games graphic wise but they are up to standards with this generation games. When someone buys a Wii U, they have to decide if they want a console that is leaps and bounds over the PS3/360 which we already know it's not or if they want a innovative console that will have nice looking graphics and that will give us great franchises like Zelda, Metroid, among others. Before I bought the Wii U, I already knew that it wasn't a console that was far ahead of the PS3/360. I bought it because it was an innovative and new take on gaming which has now given me more choices on how I game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 2:23:45 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
I still think its a ripoff, bro.

They took old 360 and PS3 parts and put them in a new case and call it a next gen system. Nintendo used to be a legit company but I think they've been taken over by fast money con artists. A year from now Nintendo will no longer exist and their management will be living anonymously in some South American country off their billions.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:19:53 AM PST
I tought graphics didn't matter? Talk about double standards...

Every time a PC vs Console argument comes up, the console camp says graphics don't make a new gen game, gameplay does.

But now Wii U is not next gen because of current gen graphics? ....ehh... OK.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 4:41:13 AM PST
"A year from now Nintendo will no longer exist"

toke jopic.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:14:11 AM PST
Isn't there a poster that regularly argues that the Wii is not a seventh gen system?

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:21:50 AM PST
I remember when RJ lost his damn mind after the 3DS released. I'm taking this whole thread with a handful of salt.

And you know Doug is going to make it about how great the PS3 is, so why do we care again?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:26:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 11:13:47 AM PST
nope, but it plays Batman Batman Arkham City: Armored Edition , Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - Nintendo Wii U , Mass Effect 3 - Nintendo Wii U , Assassin's Creed III - Nintendo Wii U , etc...so its a fair comparison.

@Keji Goto the Nerf Herder

I agree that Launch titles are not going to look like a game (graphic wise) that comes out a few years later due to learning how to develop for the system. But can you really say that launch titles on the PS3 and Xbox 360 looked worst then in the previous gens (PS2/Xbx)?

Well on the WiiU...they do...look worst than PS3/X360. Do you really believe that a Mario, Kirby, DK, game is going to blow UC2, UC3, KZ2, KZ3, MGS4, MLBTheShow, Crysis2, Halo4, etc out the water? Nintendo first party games may look very good down the line but is not going to be anything like these games (graphics wise).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:39:05 AM PST
we're talking about graphics not about scores...lame

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:41:50 AM PST
I saw a comparison video of Call of Duty for Wii U and for .. I think it was PS3 .. could have been 360 .. and the Wii U looked identical in most places and better/sharper in some places.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:43:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 6:43:25 AM PST
I once saw a unicorn...when I was 5yrs old

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:44:24 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I think it came out on Sunday so it's pretty old at this point.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:45:30 AM PST
yeah Im just going to take the word of a random poster

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 6:45:31 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Pretty sure Kenji was possessed by Keller there for a sec.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 6:59:25 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
I was totally cereal at the time.

That was back when the 3DS was struggling though. I thought the next redesign was going to include a second analog (making the weird add on thing they put out like a month after launch unnecessary).

I would have been right, but the darn things actually started selling, so of course Nintendo decided against a major change like that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:06:24 AM PST
"Do you really believe that a Mario, Kirby, DK, game is going to blow UC2, UC3, KZ2, KZ3, MGS4, MLBTheShow, Crysis2, Halo4, etc out the water?"

In terms of "teh Graphix" then maybe not. But gameplay(which actually matters), yes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:11:49 AM PST
Dukeshire says:
You are a virgin.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:17:45 AM PST
That was probably my favorite week on the VGF. Everyone was telling you it wasn't coming, but you didn't want to hear it.

I think you even sold your 3DS right? Because you couldn't stand the thought of having an outdated console? How's that working out for you?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:19:31 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:33:44 AM PST
"Do you really believe that a Mario, Kirby, DK, game is going to blow UC2, UC3, KZ2, KZ3, MGS4, MLBTheShow, Crysis2, Halo4, etc out the water?"

Graphically? No. But who cares?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:46:48 AM PST
it was graphics that he brought up and we were talking about and nothing else. So my point stands

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:47:20 AM PST
riiiight....what else you got?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:48:49 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 20, 2012 11:04:19 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:50:25 AM PST
Why would I do all of that? It's just yet another butthurt troll thread, I'm not going to give it real consideration.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:57:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012 11:11:10 AM PST
you gave it enough to keep replying to my post regardless how out of context your response were. Im not the one that brought up graphics but it was Keji. I was merely pointing out his argument of why WiiU graphics werent up to par (yet, according to him) doesn't hold. In not butthurt, I have my WiiU at home with my purchase of NSMBU and my $50 Pro Controller (that cannot be used on many games) and my $20 Ethernet adapter at home (that you need and should have been standard). Im just not going to lie to myself and tell everyone how great and breathtaking these graphics are to everyone just so I can be a uber hipster on these forms. But whatever, the only butthurt on these forms are the ones that cant take any criticism of Nintendo.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 11:11:01 AM PST
Holy shit. I can't believe you praised a 360 exclusive.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions