Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Just when you thought the Westboro Baptist Church couldn't sink any lower.....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 107 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:11:45 AM PST
Awesome, just awesome.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:12:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 12:25:45 PM PST
Benpachi says:
I live in CT, there was quite a ruckus about this when they were talking about protesting the vigil last Sunday night. My best friend is in with all the biker clubs in the Northeast. Thanks to the leaked information about these whackos, there were dudes from Hell's Angels and other biker clubs watching for their vehicles and license plates outside of the town, and if they had actually shown up they would have been met by a human shield of very scary people.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:13:51 AM PST
FOGE says:
Well, they protest military funerals. Pretty amazing that hasnt turned out bloody.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:14:01 AM PST
I'll say that shooting is too good for them. They deserve to have *all* of their body hair ripped out in clumps with plyers. That would seem like a good place to START.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:16:54 AM PST
To be honest, this is the only way to do it.

In my opinion though, it should be all the local Christian churches doing it, since these people represent them to a certain degree. But we know that those people only get organized for things like banning gay marriage.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:17:42 AM PST
Ok... I am an Athiest, and a Gay Athiest at that (so this article pisses me off on a whole new number of levels), but from what I understand from what I read in the bible and have heard some folks say... If God REALLY wanted 1 or more people killed, God would have done it himself. God wouldn't send a shooter, God would have sent a plague of some kind or smote the targets directly... God wouldn't send a shooter.

My co-worker who is christian said that God's greatest gift to man was Free will. What we choose to do with that is our choice, not God's. This was an act of free will by one person.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:17:52 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
It's funny because the Baptist Church has repeatedly stated that Westboro is not associated with them at all, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:18:06 AM PST
FOGE says:
You may need to see someone ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:18:40 AM PST
Benpachi says:
We were all on call ready to go, no effing way were we letting them make this about their hateful cause.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:19:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:21:32 AM PST
Ice King says:
For something like this, I'd rather have Hell's Angels and KKK members leading the charge. There's a much higher chance they could end up hurting one of the Westboro Baptists.
I'd love to see them spout their hate when facing bikers and racists who think they're evil.
I bet even if a cop witnessed it, they'd look away for a few minutes before coming to their aid. And even then, they'd probably "lose" any evidence that could be used against the attacker.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:21:00 AM PST
That's awesome, I too live in Connecticut, heck I grew up in Newtown, went to school there. This "Church" is just.. wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:21:05 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:34:08 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:22:25 AM PST
I get that part of it, I just think it's time for people who want to call themselves Christian to take action against these people.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:22:39 AM PST
It's no Church, it's a cult.

Also, why the hell are they not getting prepared for tomorrow? Did they already forget about 12/21/12? You would think they would be all over the media, buy mass tons of food, building a steel temple on their grounds, etc etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:23:15 AM PST
Hence why i put Church in "" :3

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:25:24 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:26:31 AM PST
Silly superstitions based upon a misinterpretation of the Mayan calender =/= biblical apocalypse.

According to the Bible the end of days will come like a thief in the night.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:26:27 AM PST
I know this Jones. But this church has said over and over and over again about doomsday bs. And have been wrong probably 100 times now. I am just wondering why they aren't going with this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:26:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:26:54 AM PST
Coffee says:
Nah, 12/21/12 was the Mayan apocalypse, not the biblical one. These guys can't be bothered to read their own holy book, let alone brush up on the beliefs of other cultures'.

*Ninjaed....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:26:36 AM PST
We try to hold ourselves to a higher standard of professionalism. Half of the American public and pretty much the entire rest of the world already thinks we're mindless baby killers who only joined the military because we weren't intelligent enough to go to college.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:27:27 AM PST
I actually wouldn't mind seeing them stoop lower. Let's say about 6 feet under, that be about perfect for them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:27:56 AM PST
Coffee says:
I know waaaaaay too many military people. All of them have far more honor and self restraint to retaliate against the WBC.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:28:46 AM PST
Would this thief in the night be looking to steal several thousand Wii-U's?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:29:40 AM PST
FOGE says:
Yeah, that was kinda what I figured. Honestly, though they are dispicable, the fact that they can do this is part of what makes America great. Its like burning the American flag. Its wrong and I would never do it. But you tell me one country where it is legal to burn its own flag in protest. They may do that in protest of America, but at the same time it just demonstrates why our country is so great.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:34:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 7:34:29 AM PST
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/legally-recognize-westboro-baptist-church-hate-group/DYf3pH2d?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

By the way everyone, this is the petition to the Obama administration to legally recognize Wesboro Baptist Church as a hate group. The petition reads:

we petition the obama administration to Legally recognize Westboro Baptist Church as a hate group.
This group has been recognized as a hate group by organizations, such as The Southern Poverty Law Center, and has repeatedly displayed the actions typical of hate groups.

Their actions have been directed at many groups, including homosexuals, military, Jewish people and even other Christians. They pose a threat to the welfare and treatment of others and will not improve without some form of imposed regulation.
-----------------
Not only would it identify them for what they are but it would remove their tax exempt status.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:34:29 AM PST
RJMacReady says:
I don't think they follow the Mayan religion (Not that the Mayan's actually predicted the end of the world on that date-that's only when the calender ends).
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  32
Total posts:  107
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions