Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

NRA Does Not Understand Irony, Releases iOS Shooting Game

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 188 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:41:09 AM PST
Yeah.. the gov sure knows how to jump on big events to pass bills that take away our rights. *cough*patriot Act*cough*

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:42:13 AM PST
Hey says:
If the "holes" are anything like the stuff that shows up in Loose Change, it's not worth even considering.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:44:46 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I saw some news thing after Biden met with the NRA dudes the other day. NRA dude was being interviewed and he said he felt that all they were doing was checking the box that they met with the NRA, and now they'll do what they want regarding gun control.

Then he went on and on about the recent boost in weapons sales and membership. He really was oddly proud that the NRA had seen such an increase in members after the last few mass shootings. It was offputting. This morning I saw a news story that a gun safety instructor was waiving his fee and giving free lessons to teachers. He said every teacher should have a gun since they're the last line of defense for our little ones. Then some teacher saying that they should be like air marshals, where nobody knows which teacher has a gun but they all know SOMEbody does.

Not one hint of a thought regarding any suggestions for change in the mental health industry.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:45:53 AM PST
FOGE says:
That one still pisses me off to no end.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:47:15 AM PST
Ice King says:
I saw another conspiracy theory that claims the lawyer for the Aurora shooter is the same woman who is supposedly the mother of the Newtown shooter.

I didn't pay much attention to it, but you have to wonder just how incompetent they think the people who run these conspiracies are if they actually believe that they'd use the same actor to portray two different people in similar, very high profile cases.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:47:24 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2013 2:28:15 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:47:40 AM PST
Cinema Fan says:
Have you guys seen the "Sandy Hook Shootings was staged" videos on YouTube yet? Yeah, some gun nuts are reaching pretty far with that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:48:47 AM PST
...Science defying?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:48:52 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2013 2:28:22 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:50:05 AM PST
Hey says:
What science-defying acts? It is worth discussing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:50:19 AM PST
Hey says:
You've GOT to be kidding me, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:51:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 10:53:01 AM PST
Instead of checking sources or thinking that maybe it was misreporting given the hectic circumstances....You instead jump to the conclusion "ZOMG the gubment planned the old thing!!".

Too easy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:54:00 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2013 2:28:32 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:55:23 AM PST
Ice King says:
Wow, this is the sloppiest conspiracy "THEY" have done yet.

Protip for future conspiracy organizers: Don't let the actors portraying the victims in a fatal shooting pose with the president after the incident has happened.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:55:48 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2013 2:28:38 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:57:15 AM PST
Hey says:
Yep, you're right, it's not worth discussing because you've already made up your mind. I'm going to stop right here before we get into a screaming match.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:57:38 AM PST
Hey says:
Links?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:57:47 AM PST
FOGE says:
I question the events on that day, but Loose Change was a pretty bad documentary. I didnt buy much of what they showed. If you want to see something believable go to youtube and look up Michael Ruppert tears apart 9-11

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:58:27 AM PST
FOGE says:
WTC 7

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:58:38 AM PST
Soulshine says:
Does YOUR horrible tragedy make TOO MUCH SENSE?

Kittenspiracy Mittens! You'll be smitten.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 10:59:57 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2013 2:29:10 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:00:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 11:02:15 AM PST
Hey says:
Why isn't the simplest and best fitting answer of "Angry Muslims drive planes into New York City buildings" the one people want to believe? The president was a guy who almost choked to death on a pretzel and was constantly being mocked for his lack of intellect and the vice president accidentally shot a guy in the face while they were hunting because he thought he was a deer. These two guys seem like people who could keep a conspiracy together, guys! They did it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:03:16 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 16, 2013 2:29:00 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2013 11:04:26 AM PST
Hey says:
I can't look at it because I'm at work, but who is the source in the video? Is it just some dude or does he have some credentials of some sort?

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 11:04:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2013 11:05:38 AM PST
"That adds a real degree of sobriety to the whole notion of gun use: something is dead because you squeezed the trigger."

That's an excellent idea for your average kid, but the reality of the situation is that the kids/young adults who are committing these mass killings are not average kids. The psychology of a person like that wouldn't treat the opportunity to kill as "sobering" at all, they would in some cases see it as desirable. Many psychologists still see the killing and torturing of animals at a young age as a warning sign for future psychotic behavior (gee, I wonder why).

I guess the irony here is that any access to gun training, gun familiarity, etc is only aiding the psychopaths who commit these mass slayings. The very measures that would prevent a child from accidently killing their brother or sister with their dad's gun would help train an otherwise clueless future mass-murderer to kill more kids. You're no fool, DVvM, you know what I say is true.

What makes the NRA hypocrits is that they attack violent games that have no other purpose than entertainment saying they "inspire violence". Then they create educational software that has no other purpose than to responsibly train gun owners, but that very software is MORE useful to an aspiring murderer.

Is this a bad or harmful piece of software? Hell no, and they are right to help train gun owners to be more responsible. The only thing that makes the NRA wrong is that they tried to scapegoat the entertainment industry for a crime that has nothing to do with them.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  33
Total posts:  188
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions