Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Vita, you might as well give up now because you have loss the handheld battle

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 307 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:08:01 AM PDT
Dukeshire says:
Dude, this is some awesome stuff. He is not trolling or messing with us. He is completely serious right now. You know what, I hope the Vita fails now. I wonder if he will cut himself if it does? I hope he leaves puppies and humans alone after it fails and bankrupts Sony.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:09:28 AM PDT
Aku says:
No, the Vita can't fail until I get that Persona 4 port to sate my new addiction. After that, from what I've seen of the system, it can take a nice long dirt nap.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:11:02 AM PDT
RJMacReady says:
To be fair, it's barely millions of people. Like two million. The minimum to qualify as "millions".

The OLED screed is a beauty though. I think when some more games come that take advantage, people will start getting interested in the Vita. They'll play that demo of ACIII in the store and then look at the 3DS's 240p screen and want to vomit.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:12:11 AM PDT
He is probably creating a mask for himself right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:17:30 AM PDT
Facelord says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:18:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 1:18:59 AM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I think he realized he was making an ass of himself and retired for the night. Or his mom found out he was on the computer and sent him to bed. She probably thought he was looking up some pron, and was disappointed to see that he was crying over a handheld game system. Poor mom.

Edit: I was wrong!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:19:30 AM PDT
Dukeshire says:
I love you. I am scared of you Hannibal Lechter but you are one awesome dude.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:19:31 AM PDT
Aku says:
Define "fail" in this scenario. Losing billions and getting their ass kicked in handheld competition apparently doesn't count.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 1:21:47 AM PDT
Facelord says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:23:17 AM PDT
Facelord says:
I define "fail" as whatever the heck he was referencing earlier, direct your question at him instead of trying to find a reason to act like a douche toward me.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 1:24:22 AM PDT
Sisyphus says:
The only handheld games that have my interest piqued are castlevania and bioshock. What kind of fanboy should I be? Maybe Santy Claus will bring me both if I eat all my vegetables and help mommy clear the table.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:25:42 AM PDT
Aku says:
I'm asking for your definition, so I know when to come back to the VGF and watch your next mental breakdown. Or maybe you have a blog or something to direct us to?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:28:49 AM PDT
RJMacReady says:
You should like Assassins Creed as well.

You are wrong for not liking it more.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:31:38 AM PDT
Dukeshire says:
Hey humanity has failed. You all sicken me for not agreeing with me!

Hey, I hate the OKC Thunder because I live in Seattle. How dare anyone root for the Thunder. They sicken me.

How can anyone drink Budweiser when Dogfish is clearly superior. Anyone who dares to drink that watered down crap, is a waste of space, oh the humanity. Why would anyone drink that stuff, I mean it just SICKENS me that you would choose that over a clearly superior beer. How dare you have an opinion not consistent with mine.

<sobs righteously in the corner>

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 1:38:37 AM PDT
Facelord says:
So someone posts an extremely troll-y, insulting thread and when I come here to defend my platform of choice you guys gang up on me. Why would mindless Nintendo fans be more drawn to this thread than Sony fans?
Maybe I should give you guys the satisfaction of me suiciding. That sounds pretty fun, I mean it's not like I'm going to be able to go back to Nintendo consoles with a good conscience and PC gaming isn't an option for me, right? I'm just gonna go ahead and petition for more loose Kevorkian laws or something, people like me should have the right to be put down at their request.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 1:52:39 AM PDT
Krypto says:
Facelord, you need to settle down. Have a cold glass of water and relax. Better yet, have some Vita Coconut Water:

Vita Coco 100% Pure Coconut Water, 11.1-Ounce Containers (Pack of 12)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 2:20:01 AM PDT
Jawwaad says:
Flores, you know you're my homeboy and I'm definitely not a Fanboy as I own a Vita but I see that the Vita will never be able to compete with Nintendo's 3DS.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 2:22:30 AM PDT
Jawwaad says:
Damn Face, I thought we were better than that to be calling me names because of my opinion. As I said in thye OP, the Vita has better specs and graphics but it lacks in games compared to the 3DS. It should throw in the towel before it gets embarrassed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 2:24:41 AM PDT
Wahahahaha! That's awesome

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 2:27:36 AM PDT
Here's the thing. Jawwaad has been trolling the 360 for a while now and nobody says anything. Then he makes one thread about the Vita and Flores calls him a fanboy while Facelord has one of the most epic meltdowns in forum history.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 2:51:17 AM PDT
Jawwaad says:
LOL Jason. It was epic.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 3:25:57 AM PDT
RJMacReady says:
What do you mean by throw in the towel?

Business isn't like a sporting event you know. You don't "lose" if they outscore you (or sell more units or whatever). The X Box didn't sell as many consoles as the Wii, but it was still a success.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 3:52:31 AM PDT
Is this the real Jawwaad or a fake one?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 4:43:45 AM PDT
[G.H.O.S.T.] says:
Here's a far-fetched idea: Maybe when it comes to video games, some people value "FUN" over "HARDWARE SPECS".

I tried the Vita as well as the 3DS, and took a good look at what each had to offer before deciding on which one I wanted. Yeah, the Vita has some pretty impressive specs, but for someone like me, at the end of the day that means nothing if I'm not having fun with it.

I chose the 3DS. That's not to say I won't get a Vita some day down the road (I think there's plenty of room in the world for both systems to do their thing.), but right here, right now...3DS won me over.

I took price into consideration. For less money, I was given full access to the DS library (this was a big deal with me, since I chose the PSP over the DS in the last handheld generation), several game choices that appealed to me, both currently on shelves, as well as ones on the horizon. Nintendo even surprised me right out of the box with the whole AR Card thing, which I thought was pretty creative, and very fun also. I wasn't expecting that.

I'm sure the Vita's game library will get there eventually. It has a few good looking games, just not enough to sway me into spending what I'd have to spend on the system itself, a memory card, and of course, the game. Later on, when the prices go down, and the game library goes up, people like me will be happy to add the Vita to our toy collection. Until then, the 3DS is doing what it came to do: Give gamers a "FUN" gaming experience.

Realize that different people have different opinions and enjoy the diversity of our hobby of choice. You'll get a much richer form of enjoyment that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2012 4:50:14 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2012 4:53:45 AM PDT
I like how everyone mostly ignored the meltdown posts.

#strugglingforattention

EDIT: Oh, the last two posts were ignored but this went on for a page or two? Forum gold, that's what this is.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  61
Total posts:  307
Initial post:  Jun 21, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions