Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Trailer

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 59 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 9:19:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 9:20:05 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MOOassM6f0g

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII "The Final Journey of Lightning"

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII sees the return of series heroine, Lightning, in a world that only has 13 days before total annihilation.

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII sees the return of composers Masashi Hamauzu, Naoshi Mizuta and Mitsuto Suzuki, who have all worked on the soundtrack for the previous title, FINAL FANTASY XIII-2. Hamauzu's track used in the trailer, "Crimson Blitz", will be made available for download on the iTunes Store on December 23 for $0.99.

LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 system in 2013.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:09:41 AM PST
SuperHiro says:
Man, just make versus or go bankrupt already.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:17:48 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
Really, just let 13 die for God's sake and move on.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:29:37 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 11:30:21 AM PST
captain ku says:
haters gona hate. i actually love final fantasy series.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:31:45 AM PST
Technosapien says:
Excite!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 11:32:45 AM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I do too, which is why I want them to move on to something else after the travesty that is 13.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:33:20 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Can't wait.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:49:04 AM PST
"in a world that only has 13 days before total annihilation."

What is a giant moon going to crash into it or something? Some kind of big grinning moon?

Sigh...I don't even care. There's nothing wrong with FFXIII or anything, but we don't need anymore of Faboola Nova Smoothie or whatever the hell it's called.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:58:41 AM PST
SuperHiro says:
Oh there's plenty wrong with ffxiii :p

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 12:10:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 12:13:14 PM PST
Fullme7al says:
I love the character Lightning, she's so cool. But I can't help but think she was put in some mediocore games. She needs to be in super smash or ps all stars. I'd main her in a heartbeat.

I hope this game is good.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 1:09:18 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
Should have made Sazh the main character, then this would be worth playing.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 1:27:51 PM PST
"Should have made Sazh the main character, then this would be worth playing"

You joke, but the prospect of playing the whole game as a father and son would be pretty amazing. Sort of like "The Road" for RPGs.

Lightning is pretty damned cool, though, maybe she'll turn into the FemShep of the JRPG world.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 2:21:25 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
I would rather it be a RPG version of the Last of us.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 2:32:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 2:33:10 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
More FF-13? Bring it on! I actually like to play Video games...

A Wii U version wouldn't hurt either.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 2:34:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 2:35:12 PM PST
Upvoted.

Not because I'm excited for this game, which I'm not (I didn't care for FF XIII), but because it seems there's been a lot of complaining on this forum as of late, which is odd, since there really isn't much to complain about outside of first world problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 2:50:43 PM PST
Nier was actually somewhat like that. A father trying to save his sick daughter in a dying world.

I loved both Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 so I am very excited to see more of Lightning Returns. It's hard to say how the game will be since a lot hasn't been shown of the game but it's definitely a day one purchase for me.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 2:56:57 PM PST
13 was okay. 13-2 was good. So I'm expecting this one to be even better.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 3:50:43 PM PST
Technosapien says:
I loved XIII and XIII-2, and I think Lightning is one of the best characters ever created, so this a day-one buy for sure!

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 5:30:31 PM PST
Hey look another game that was never planned and will be released before Versus 13. Way to go Square!

Seriously where the hell is Versus 13 and why the hell is it taking so damn long to get out?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:40:37 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Sure seemed planned to me after I finished Final Fantasy XIII-2, you're pretty negative today Keji, cheer up, it's nearly christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 5:47:28 PM PST
I'm talking from the original announcement of XIII and Versus XIII. For some reason Square keeps screwing around with extending out XIII while constantly pulling resources from the Versus team which is incredibly frustrating since that looks like the Final Fantasy game I've been waiting for. I'm trying to wrap my head around why this keeps happening and I find it very hard to get excited for the third sequel in a numbered Final Fantasy knowing that another game has been in development for what seven years now?

And bah humbug to Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 6:02:11 PM PST
Don't forget about Type-0! The game was released in Japan last year and Square Enix still hasn't announced anything about a US release.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 6:05:05 PM PST
That still doesn't have a release date? Admittedly I haven't been paying much attention to it because I don't have a PSP (though I do have a Vita so I suppose I could actually play it).

Seems Square is more content to screw around with XIII than expand upon the other ideas they laid out years ago. Glad we're getting more of this instead of what we were promised during the original announcement.

Also wasn't Type-0 supposed to be beefed up if you play it on the Vita or something like that?

Of course this is the same company which openly admits they haven't managed to release a game which surpasses Final Fantasy VII and they won't remake the game (after claiming it would take years and years to do so) until they manage to surpass it. Probably in fear that everyone would realize their latest work actually isn't that great.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 6:23:57 PM PST
Nope, there has been zero announcements about the US ever getting a release of Type-0. There has been rumor about them keeping quiet about it because the game might be enhanced for the Vita and released on that instead but at this point I don't know if I believe it. It really pisses me off because the game sounds amazing. From what I have heard of the game without trying to spoil it for myself it's a mix between Tactics and XIII in terms of story.

The director of the game, Hajime Tabata had this to say about the game last month:

"Due to market reasons, we are taking a clean slate in terms of our plans. We feel strongly about bringing this title to the fans in North America and Europe, so if an opportunity arises that can become a conclusive factor, we are prepared to go into consideration right away."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 6:57:35 PM PST
The hell? They announce the game and then hold it back because they want a clean slate? Square sometimes you make zero sense at all...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  59
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions