Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

So...Christmas decorations already?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 27 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 10, 2012 12:58:17 PM PST
I went to the supermarket this morning and not only are they decorating for Christmas already, but they're rocking the jingle bells on the muzack machine.

That would be strange enough, but they actually have little kiosks set up with holiday themes (one's a gingerbread house with a lady showing people how to use gingerbread house kits they're selling). I love the holidays (anything different is good in my book) but it's crazy how early they do this @#$%.

Is this just a Colorado thing, or are you guys seeing this too?

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:09:30 PM PST
seems kind of late actually

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:11:31 PM PST
Holy crap, really? What time do they go up in your town, GATOR?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 1:12:53 PM PST
Finger says:
It gets earlier every year, it seems. Most of it is easy to ignore. The only thing that really bugs me about it is the various 'Holiday Scented' junk. That stuff usually reeks, and stinks up the entire store.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:22:08 PM PST
Christmas isn't Sooo Big here in Salem as Winter Solstice...But venture to Boston and yule definitely find the same early seasonal Christmas hype!!!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:24:07 PM PST
uncledonnie3 says:
I don't know, usually around here all the Christmas crap starts up on Black Friday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 1:36:35 PM PST
"Christmas isn't Sooo Big here in Salem as Winter Solstice...But venture to Boston and yule definitely find the same early seasonal Christmas hype!!!"

Did you know that there is a theory that the girls convicted of witchcraft in the Salem Witch trails were suffering from ergotamine poisoning (a alkaloid derived from the ergot fungus). You may want to check your house. The hallucinations may be nice, but the vascular problems are messy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 1:37:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 1:41:12 PM PST
And......................................................................

I actually thought i was hallucinating for a minute.. when i saw my own words in someone elses post....AGAIN!!! lol

Christmas would be nice...but i'm afraid RED & GREEN would clash with my decor!!!

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:42:06 PM PST
Rofl that's the nicest way I know to tell someone "they must be shroomin.'"

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:42:30 PM PST
I don't know, I used to see this stuff going up mid October. Seems like Halloween got its fair share this year. And now we've got stuff from some department stores talking about how they won't put up christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 1:47:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 1:55:36 PM PST
Well Evan...I certainly do wish* you and your family a very merry Christmas...if that's what you celebrate!!!

I bet lots 0 people OD on this stuff without "shroomin"

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 1:51:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 1:52:01 PM PST
I celebrate a nameless holiday originated from a time long before the word "time" had any worldly meaning. Also, Lord Cthulu swallowed my family after I neglected to offer him a Fig Newton when I had a box of Fig Newtons. I now regret the eating of both the Fig Newtons and my family.

But, hey, thanks for bringing them up! That was great.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 1:56:51 PM PST
Um...Are you talking to Me??? LOL....Is there any way i can help you come down from your obvious high???

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 2:00:34 PM PST
Bitchie says:
My neighbor already has their tree up.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 2:02:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 2:13:30 PM PST
IMO...A worse offense is leaving a tree up well past Christmas into the new year----even into February!!!

I can see why people like to put a tree up early...cuz the season comes and goes Sooo quickly!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 2:05:26 PM PST
Maybe they're rocking a fake tree? I remember seeing a few good ones back in Cali.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 6:12:48 PM PST
KrisCo says:
We set up Christmas stuff in my store late September, that store is really late. :P

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 12:02:50 AM PST
Jon says:
Bittersweet, why haven't we hung out yet :(

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 1:19:37 AM PST
My local Home Depot has had Christmas trees for sale for at least a month. There were a few Christmas commercials peppered throughout random TV channels a week or two prior to Halloween (local and national channels), but after Halloween the flood gates have opened. It'll get even worse after Thanksgiving.

I personally don't mind it. I absolutely love Christmas, but don't allow myself to get excited for it until Thanksgiving is over.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 3:09:49 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
Walmart has had Christmas stuff out for at least three weeks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:02:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 7:57:22 AM PST
I don't know!!!

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:00:06 AM PST
saskamazon says:
our local Costco had all the trees & decs out b4 Halloween - I thought it was a tad early, but guess they are wanting to consumers to open their wallets & start the spending .... one of these times they'll start the Christmas mayhem in Aug. .... it is big business after all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 9:16:07 AM PST
I spose it helps the cause in regions where it actually snows**** and the mood can switch up to "Christmassey-ish-ness"...

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:29:53 AM PST
One of my friends is a merchandiser at Macy's in Fort Worth, Texas. She spent her birthday putting up Christmas decorations. Her birthday is September 4th, if that says anything.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 9:59:49 AM PST
saskamazon says:
ain't that the truth - it's snowed here everyday for 4 days - couldn't even see the car .... but it is no fun driving in this & the never ending shoveling .... went out around 10 last night & cleared it all, & this a.m., there's more ! ugh. darn cold too .... -20 brrr.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  27
Initial post:  Nov 10, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions