Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Vita is destined to sell better than 3DS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 142 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 20, 2015 6:49:56 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 20, 2015 6:50:06 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 2:20:18 PM PDT
Thanks to whoever bumped this thread. I missed it when it was originally posted.

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 1:07:03 PM PDT
God says:
Ah, the path down memory lane is littered with the corpses of our enemies. Smells like...victory.

*steps over Colin Moriarty*

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 1:00:50 PM PDT
I think only a relative handful of people in this community are stupid.

I never denied necrobumping this thread but I don't do that often enough to be called a necrobumper.

Beyond that, I am not sure where you think the trolling is. Let me ask you this- do you disagree with anything quoted in this thread 's original post?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 12:35:58 PM PDT
Hugh Jankles says:
"[Sony] decided to pivot it as a portable accessory to the PS4-as if anyone would dish out an extra $250 to play Destiny on the toilet."

Hahahha that's gold.

If that makes you unhappy, you can reach the author of this quote (Mr. Jason Schreier) at jason@kotaku.com or on Twitter at @jasonschreier.

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 12:25:29 PM PDT
Lyrick_ says:
related:
http://kotaku.com/mobile-gaming-didnt-kill-the-vita-sony-did-1733350950

Mobile Gaming Didn't Kill The Vita--Sony Did
Jason Schreier
9/28/15 10:30am

"I have long been a fan of the PlayStation Vita. So this quote from one of Sony's head honchos about portable gaming seriously bums me out.

Here's Shuhei Yoshida at a recent Q&A, as transcribed by Eurogamer, when asked if Sony will ever develop a Vita successor:

"That's a tough question. People have mobile phones and it's so easy to play games on smartphones. And many games on smartphones are free, or free to start. I myself am a huge fan of PlayStation Vita and we worked really hard on designing every aspect. Touch-based games are fun - there are many games with really good design. But having sticks and buttons make things totally different. So I hope, like many of you, that this culture of playing portable games continues but the climate is not healthy for now because of the huge dominance of mobile gaming."

This is nonsense. The climate is fine. Nintendo has sold over 50 million 3DSes and they don't even have Minecraft. There's no doubt that mobile gaming has had a huge impact on the traditional video game industry, but when it comes to the Vita flopping, Sony has nobody but themselves to blame.

Here is a partial list of reasons the Vita has failed:

-Sony decided to gouge customers by forcing them to use proprietary memory cards, then jacking up the prices to obscene levels. (A 32GB Vita memory card retails for $100; standard 32GB SDHC memory cards cost $18.)
-Sony marketed the Vita as a portable system with "console-quality gaming," then went on to pack it with shoddy spinoffs like Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Call of Duty: Declassified, and Resistance: Burning Skies.
-Despite all this, a subset of hardcore gamers quickly realized that the Vita was a fantastic machine for indies and niche Japanese games. So what did Sony do? They decided to pivot it as a portable accessory to the PS4-as if anyone would dish out an extra $250 to play Destiny on the toilet.
-Vita owners also realized that the machine is fantastic for playing old PS1 and PSP games. Sony saw how much money they could make there, and they immediately filled out the PlayStation Store, pleasing fans with truckloads of classic new games every week. Just kidding. They ignored it. Even today you need to use a silly shortcut just to get some old games working on your Vita.
-Remember the PS2? One of the most successful video game consoles in history? Chock full of great games that could be ported to the Vita in various ways? Someone should remind Sony.
-Remember BioShock Vita? lmao
-Sony has pretty much spent the past two years pretending the Vita doesn't exist, ignoring it at every major trade show and convention. It's embarrassing.
-Sony has publicly admitted that they are no longer making Vita games.

Remember when the 3DS launched back in 2011? Remember how hard it flopped? Instead of pulling back and blaming the "climate" for all of their woes, Nintendo doubled down, releasing new models and filling it up with stellar games to the point where it's now one of the best machines you can buy. Granted, Sony doesn't have Mario or Zelda or the storied development acumen of their competitors in Kyoto. But if they hadn't spent the past three and a half years firing a giant rifle at their own feet, maybe things would look a little different for the wonderful PlayStation Vita.

You can reach the author of this post at jason@kotaku.com or on Twitter at @jasonschreier."

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 12:01:38 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 29, 2015 3:13:26 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 11:58:46 AM PDT
You think people in here are stupid, apparently.
Man the eff up and just admit that you're a necrobumping troll.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 11:56:53 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
Thank you, it is. I hope yours is also going well.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 11:53:50 AM PDT
Mallrat says:
I hope your afternoon is going well, Oskar.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 11:51:48 AM PDT
Huh?

You a snivel when I post something critical of Sony. You a snivel when I post something praising Sony. Do you ever not snivel?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 11:50:53 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
100% trolling. No other reason to necrobump.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 11:49:49 AM PDT
So you ARE trolling.
Good.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 11:48:57 AM PDT
Nice to see you in this thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 11:46:54 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 29, 2015 3:11:50 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 11:44:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2015 11:44:40 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
You should necrobump some classic uncledonnie3 posts.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 11:43:30 AM PDT
By posting something positive about a Sony product?

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 11:25:15 AM PDT
Beauski says:
Time makes fools of us all.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 11:24:28 AM PDT
You're trolling.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 11:12:31 AM PDT
I sneezed.

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 11:11:33 AM PDT
D says:
Nothing to see here move on. The Vita is dead and will be the last one no need to rub it in. Sony blew it, we get it.

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 11:01:09 AM PDT
Interesting read.

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 10:44:49 AM PDT
Why is jason necrobumping threads?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2015 10:39:11 AM PDT
Oskar2525 says:
uncledonnie3 necrobumping threads again.

Posted on Sep 28, 2015 10:20:24 AM PDT
Achoo!

*splat*
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
RIP Gametrailers 28 23 minutes ago
Weekend recap and weekly gaming 2/8 - 2/11 89 46 minutes ago
12 Games in 12 Months 2015-2016 edition 389 1 hour ago
Firewatch Review Thread 68 1 hour ago
Firewatch IGN Review 9.3. Must Play, Amazing! 7 1 hour ago
How Much Of A Impact Will PS4 Console Exclusive Street Fighter 5 Have on Sales? Release Feb 16th. 2 1 hour ago
Firewatch on PS4 suffering from a lousy framerate 34 1 hour ago
2016 VGF Vote to the death...you monsters 2523 2 hours ago
Out of Print Current Generation Games 117 2 hours ago
OT: looks like whoever closed out the main OT got banned spamming it to death so I guess this is the new main OT 2308 2 hours ago
Voting Has Started For March PS+ Game. Don't Mess It Up. Vote for... 4 2 hours ago
Dying Light: Enhanced Edition Update 1.09 Is Live, 17 GB On Xbox One And 8 GB On PS4 115 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  142
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 20, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions