Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

FFXIV 2.0 Alpha Screens Leak

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2012 9:37:08 PM PST
http://imgur.com/a/MdNk5#0

lookin gud!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 9:46:34 PM PST
I still can't help but feel like this is a massive wasted effort. The bad taste is already in gamers' mouths and there are bigger MMO's out now that just trounce anything XIV wants to do.

Good on Square for taking the time to right this sinking ship but it feels like this effort would have been put to better use some place else. I mean was there really that much of a demand to see this game fixed?

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 9:53:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012 9:55:32 PM PST
I think they mostly are doing it for pride/culture and that it's a numbered FF title. even if it doesn't live up to the other MMOs coming out, it saves some face for them.

I want to give it one more try just because of the massive overhaul. I'm really curious to see all they pull off with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012 10:12:21 PM PST
That's probably true and makes sense why they'd do what they can to bring it back. After playing Final Fantasy XI though on the PC I have very little desire to pick up a Square MMO.

Hopefully this does well for them but I don't think it is going to be the turn around Square is hoping for.

And of course like always I wish the development resources from this went into Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Posted on Nov 7, 2012 10:46:17 PM PST
Nicos says:
Well.. I don't think the original got pulled because it wasn't pretty enough.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions