Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls again, lol...SPOILERS!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 822 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 9, 2012 3:35:30 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
So, I finally made some decent progress today. Kept getting hung up on the Taurus demon on the bridge. However, today, I just divebombed his sorry self repeatedly. Actually, I'd dive attack, then run the other way, roll back past him, back up the ladder to divebomb again...rinse and repeat. Then, I realized I wasnt really that good with a bow (stupid 8 dex, lol), so I hauled booty past the dragon, then went back and slaughtered his bridge minions. Anyway, I'm now getting it handed to me in the chapel. The knights...no problem. The big dude next to the altar...problem. He's smashing the hell out of me.
Anyway, felt good to get that far today. Hopefully I can figure out how to kill the big dude. Trying not to use the guide although I may resort to it if he smashes me a few more times.
Oh, I also upgraded my mace for the first time.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 3:36:49 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
I'm sure I'm really not that far along yet, but it feels like I've traveled a long ways, lol.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 3:37:20 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 3:38:47 PM PST
Nice.

After seeing the reveal for Dark Souls 2, I might have to get back to playing some Dark Souls.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 3:41:36 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Thanks Tee. Kind of went a different way with my response on your thread, but I hope you take it as constructive.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 3:44:53 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 3:46:31 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Lol. I believe in Texas, they call that "healthy". I lived in Austin for 20 years, but I dont know if you could really call that "Texas" per se.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 7:29:44 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
The first bell has tolled! Had Solarus and somebody who had used a white soapstonee just before the mist door as well, which was great since I tried the gargoyles solo and got smashed to bits, lol. Heading back down and then calling it a night I think. Feels good to have finally made some progress.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 7:49:56 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I need to play this game. I am worried about the difficulty and the fact that I have to start over each time I die, well actually hunt down my body etc. I just wish the difficulty was scaled down a bit, but I will nut up someday.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 7:57:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 9, 2012 7:58:13 PM PST
new Tron says:
Ringing that first bell is a momentous occasion. It's no cakewalk getting to that point. Congrats!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 8:10:09 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
Thanks Tron! Of course, what happened next is I went back to the bridge where the dragon was so I could get to the lower berg and he roasted me, lol. Gonna see what I can do tomorrow when I get back from work.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 8:13:50 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
It is definitely difficult, but what I have noticed is once you get the hang of it, the difficulty scales down a little bit...not a lot, but enough. You dont actually go back to the beginning when you die, but you do go back to whatever the last bonfire you lit or rested at is. On the upside, the locations of the enemies never change, so you can basically map out what's going to happen as you work your way back to wherever you died.
Anyways, I got it release day and put it away in frustration soon after, but now that I've given it a fair shake, I can say it's definitely a lot of fun. My personal rule though this time around is that if I die three times in the same encounter, I turn the game off for a little while and do something else...come back to it with a fresh mindset. Helps ease the frustration, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 8:21:43 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I may have to give it a shot. I am tempted to play Saints Row 3 again, just because it is a great game to let off steam. I got the GotY edition on BF. I also need to beat Dead Space 2 finally and also all the games I got on BF....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2012 8:27:44 PM PST
new Tron says:
The cool thing now is that when you hear other players on your server ring the bell, youll be reminded of when you did and feel proud.

Such a great game. I can't wait for the next one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 5:03:44 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
I was wondering about that. Seems like I heard it ring 10 or 12 times while I was playing last night.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 5:12:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 5:17:45 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Draw the big knight outside through the side door towards that big courtyard not the front door so you have more room to maneuver. Get in close and bait him so that he swings, then slide around past his shield and hit him once or twice then back off and repeat until he's dead.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 7:40:35 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Done and done. I found adding electricity to my mace really sealed the deal. Funny thing is the spellcaster on the 2nd floor was way easier. He started doing some silly dance/chant and I just smashed him while he was doing that. Not sure what the dance was all about lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 7:41:26 AM PST
Increases the damage of all the minions around him.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 8:10:24 AM PST
Really? I had played this game for some time and I was not aware of that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 8:22:23 AM PST
Yeah, if you have the channeler's trident you can do it too. It buffs everyone around the user with an attack damage increase.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 9:00:07 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
Sadly, it didnt do anything for him, lol.
Good info though. Thanks Capt!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 9:04:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 9:04:24 AM PST
You're welcome! That one isn't too bad. It's the other ones down the road you'll have to worry about. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 9:05:59 AM PST
Peter Faden says:
I have no doubt.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 9:06:16 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I should have Dark Souls tonight. Let me know what level I need to be and where I need to meet you (not necessarily tonight whenever you get a chance) for those phat lewts, please.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 9:29:33 AM PST
Mage gear right? I think I'm at the fire right before Taurus Demon. If you kill him and then grab the white stone without leveling, I could summon you into my game and drop the gear for you. I think. I have to double check. :D
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9a03e468)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  822
Initial post:  Dec 9, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions