Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Skyrim Game of the Year edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 164 posts in this discussion
Posted on Aug 8, 2012 8:38:30 PM PDT
Skyrim day one was worth every penny, and I'll be paying for the expansions, too.

Posted on Aug 8, 2012 11:31:25 PM PDT
Nicos says:
Just wait and get the Skyrim + Bioshock Infinite double pack. ( Bioshock & The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion Bundle <--- this gurantees they will release one... right???)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 8, 2012 11:45:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 8, 2012 11:50:38 PM PDT
i very much agree with this. Fallout 4 will be a much better game, better guns. Nicos, that will be good when they combine the games. I'll wait for Infinite bundle, since it seems like i've been waiting an infinite time already, yes?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2012 3:47:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 6, 2012 3:48:50 PM PDT
Patience is indeed a virtue, young warrior. But as the Master has ambiguously spelled out in His many teachings, "Good things come to those who wait. And, always make sure you have on clean underwear when you leave the house."

Therefore, it is obvious that The Elder Scrolls Skyrim Game of the Year Edition will be bestowed upon the Chosen. And the Unrepentant, who foolishly wasted their gold on the standard edition and who must now place upon their credit card additional charges, shall weep mightily and wet themselves.

And so it is written.

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 2:48:17 PM PDT
Blue_Sun_Inc says:
.... I can't believe all this navel-gazing!! Waiting for a year or three to avoid spending an "extra" $60???? Really??

I googled for a possible Skyrim GOTY release date, and I stumbled on to this forum. Wow: Skyrim is nothing like Oblivion, so any kevetching about that prior bad relationship needs to stop. And, seriously, if a person can't scape up $49 for a used copy or discipline their spending to save for a new, or even borrow it from a Fus-Ro-Dah-Fatigued friend, then you are neither a committed gamer or worthy of the effort Bethesda put in to the development....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2012 2:50:33 PM PDT
new Tron says:
Too bad they didn't commit to quality control like they committed to development.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2012 3:34:14 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 1, 2012 11:31:53 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2012 5:20:16 PM PDT
I just happen to like the GOTY editions. I have Morrowind and Oblivion GOTY editions and the game guides that go with them. Why? Because I'm a little OCD and I like everything in one nice tidy little package. I'm also the kind of person who waits for box sets of book, TV and movie series. What can I say, it's both an illness and a hobby.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2012 6:51:01 PM PDT
So a committed gamer is someone who plays games immediately upon release now? I like you. Welcome to the VGF. I hope you stick around.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2012 6:57:04 PM PDT
DVvM says:
I don't think we should confuse "committed gamer" with "gamer who should be committed."

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2012 7:00:10 PM PDT
new Tron says:
Sorry. Next time I'll bitch about all these naval gazers who aren't harcore enough to buy games on day 1. What a bunch of fake gamers!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2012 7:29:57 PM PDT
Haha, nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012 6:02:22 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
Oh my.

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 6:15:57 AM PDT
I will buy a GotY edition.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 11:32:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 12:41:43 PM PDT
Blue_Sun_Inc says:
@elec Tron: Given the massive complexity and scope of Skyrim, your off-hand complaint about Bethesda's lack of "quality control" seems petty. What, specifically, do you mean? Without a doubt there were/are problems with the game (some which might never be fixed), but there have nevertheless been a stream of patches to make the game better.....

Also, after reading through this entire thread, it seems you, elecTron, are basing your opinion of Skyrim on your experience with Oblivion ("eating a bad steak", etc), and that you haven't actually played Skyrim. Is this true?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 11:40:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 12:38:06 PM PDT
Blue_Sun_Inc says:
@Nate: No: a commited gamer is one who doesn't complain over-much about the cost of a game. Does an alcoholic complain about the price of booze?

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 11:43:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 11:44:23 AM PDT
Ann Perkins says:
There are so many people around here that blow so much money on release day garbage and the inevitably following DLC that it shocks me to see so many of you turning your nose up and waiting for a bargain when a great game is staring you right in the face.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 11:45:32 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
I'm okay with this thread getting bumped as often as necessary until there's any news about subject edition. I'm guessing it will be ready for the holidays next year.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 11:47:57 AM PDT
We are defining gamers now on whether or not you buy your games day one or not now? Wow........

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 11:50:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 12:38:50 PM PDT
Blue_Sun_Inc says:
@elec Tron: This reply is cynical. I never said or implied word one about buying games upon release; what I said was, essentially, just scrape up enough money to buy the game if you want it so badly. Why wait? Refer to my original post (which this community, oddly, deems "unhelpful to the discussion"). and tell me where I was condemning people for not being "hardcore"....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:03:04 PM PDT
Wasn't talking about you. I apologize if it seemed that way. I just met the general census and idea that seemed to be coming from the discussion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:19:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 12:39:24 PM PDT
Blue_Sun_Inc says:
@Ann Perkins: "Release day garbage": nicely said! I clearly remember the hype behind the first Assassin's Creed, the stack of bills I exchanged for a new copy, and the dull feeling of being tricked.... I havent bought into opening day hype since.....

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:20:56 PM PDT
Ann Perkins says:
It's one thing to be the guy waiting on the GOTY editions for aesthetic, organizational, or collector's purposes, but it's another thing entirely to be the guy without a wit of taste that is out there saying to himself "Nah, still holding out on that Skyrim GOTY edition, hasn't hit the right price range for me yet." As they buy another pack of Ultimate Team cards. And I'm sure there are plenty of those guys around this board.

This thread just continues my belief that most of the people around here have absolutely terrible taste in games and other media for that matter.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:21:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 12:39:58 PM PDT
Blue_Sun_Inc says:
@Mushroom: I was replying to an "Earlier post".... The thread format made that unclear.... Thanks for saying something

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:52:07 PM PDT
new Tron says:
Given the massive complexity and scope of assembling an automobile, we shouldn't expect the brakes to work. amirite?!?!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: HoneyMoons 37 1 minute ago
Weekend recap and weekly gaming - week of 9/22 51 3 minutes ago
Bayonetta 1 Wii U vs Xbox 360 comparison 71 13 minutes ago
Bloodborne looks incredible 37 15 minutes ago
Just finished New Vegas... 57 15 minutes ago
OT: Autumn, the best season, has arrived 32 21 minutes ago
OT: In a forum where the trolls roam freely and the console war rages, there is one last bastion of hope. Where the righteous make their final stand. They call it "the OT." 3605 24 minutes ago
OT: PSA - Pink Floyd "Endless River" new album now up for pre-order 51 24 minutes ago
OT: Woman gets an extra breast to become less attractive? 21 25 minutes ago
Ryse: Son of Rome - PC vs. Xbox One Graphics Comparison 11 27 minutes ago
Fairy Fencer F Out Today 58 33 minutes ago
OT: Third Boob is FAKE 7 33 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  164
Initial post:  Aug 8, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions