Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Petition on White House website requests permission for Louisiana to secede from the US

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 144 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:04:23 AM PST
JinTX says:
People being pissed about Obama doesn't have anything to do with his race. He's an idiot who thinks the best way to get the country out of the hole it's in is to dig the hole deeper. Well, we won't come out the other side; we'll just bury ourselves and our children under miles of debt.

People think China is the big bad enemy but what they don't realize is one of the biggest detriments to our economy has been NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement). We've lost plenty of manufacturing and blue collar jobs that have nothing to do with China's draconian labor laws. Many of our manufacturing plants moved South, not East, across the border to Mexico. They can get cheaper labor there and import the goods, because of NAFTA, free of tariffs.

Until we get a president who has the balls to repeal NAFTA to bring back some of our middle class jobs, and at the same time push congress to get rid of our complex (and FULL of loopholes) tax code to introduce a FLAT tax with NO deductions and NO exceptions that EVERYONE pays, we will continue on the path we're on.

That brings up another problem: congress. People are already talking about the 'fiscal cliff' and that congress needs to agree on a budget. Are memory spans REALLY that short? This same problem surfaces EVERY year because our congress is FULL of do-nothings. We need not only a new president, but a new House and Senate in their entirity. Until people stop continuously re-electing these do-nothing, career politicians who are using their positions in the legislative branch to play the stock market like it's a violin and line their pockets, nothing is going to change. Our national debt will be more than our GDP in very short order, and you have congress to blame just as much, if not more than, the president.

I don't blame ANY state for wanting to secede. When my wife and I retire, we've already decided to become ex-patriots and retire to a country that makes more sense than the idiocy that's running rampant in this nation's government.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:11:16 AM PST
Spelled expatriate, actually. Unless that was intentional. It was difficult to say for sure.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:03:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 1:05:18 AM PST
JinTX says:
Lol yeah it was intentional, as in we will be former patriots. Although at heart I am more and more rapidly becoming a former patriot already. I wanted to emphasize that we've always felt like patriots until the past 10 years as we've watched our country go downhill.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:19:54 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Sweet. Let them secede. Then we go in there and annex them, but they lose their rights and are forced to go to school, and to stop talking like that.

Anyone else want to secede only to be annexed and lose all your constitutional rights?

Didn't think so.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:21:36 AM PST
I say let them Secede! In fact the whole south can if it wants to. Might solve a few hate issues :3

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:23:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 4:24:08 AM PST
ProTip: When your biggest money maker is a week long party where women take their tops off to acquire beads ... sit down and shut up and follow along with the rest of the class and be grateful we haven't kicked you out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:24:40 AM PST
The heck are you even talking about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:28:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 4:28:43 AM PST
There's this city in Louisiana called New Orleans and in New Orleans they celebrate this thing called Mardi Gras ....

I was making a little joke. It's Monday morning. Relax. I was not replying to your post.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:29:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 4:30:10 AM PST
Oooh gotcha. Yeah I don't know anything about it other than it exists. I also didn't have ill intent in my post, I was just curious as to what the heck you were talkin about so I could avoid it :p

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:30:52 AM PST
What are we going to do with you Griff?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:31:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 4:31:56 AM PST
Nyerk? What did I do now :p

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:34:42 AM PST
Any event or gathering where women take their tops off should be, at the very least, on your radar. Granted ... a very large percentage of them should NOT be taking their tops off but that isn't the point.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:36:36 AM PST
It would be on my Radar so I could avoid it like the plague!

I'm Gay and a Fur. Two counts against ever wanted to see naked women.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:38:09 AM PST
Well there you go. That explains it. Although ... there is a very large and well supported lbgt contingent at Mardi Gras as well!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:39:27 AM PST
Gay and a Fur (same thing as a Furry?)?

Yeah, you'd need to be more unique than that to stand out at Mardi Gras.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:47:29 AM PST
Yes, Fur = Furry

"there is a very large and well supported lbgt contingent at Mardi Gras as well!"

Oh I'm guessing there is, but I try avoid parties all the same. Plus, I live no where near that location

"Yeah, you'd need to be more unique than that to stand out at Mardi Gras"

Oh I'm not unique. I'm Just me. A Mostly anti-social Badger who loves nothing more than to get home from work, kick back, and enjoy some Diablo III, then Minecraft, then Random third game before having to go to sleep.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:56:42 AM PST
Wait, you're a furry, too? That makes at least two on this forum.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:58:58 AM PST
I didn't mean any offense by suggesting you be more unique. I just meant that the majority of the population isn't gay and a bigger majority isn't comprised of furries (nothing wrong with either). Hell, the majority of the population probably doesn't even know what a furry is, even if they've seen one. I had a couple of friends that were furries. They were studying in the US from the UK, where furries seem to be more popular. If it weren't for them, I'd just figure it was some mascot I don't recognize.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:03:28 AM PST
Oh i know I didn't think you were being offensive at all :3. And no most don't know what A Furry is, and it's VERY hard to describe without sounding like we are horrible. Since a small subset of furries are crazy and are really into Bestiality... a lot of people tend to think that's what furries are and in reality it isn't. If anything it's the opposite. At this point I stopped trying to describe it and just let them figure it out for themselves :p.

Was interesting telling my parents though, since neither of them knew what it was either.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:08:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 5:13:03 AM PST
Yeah, neither of my friends were into bestiality that I knew of. Despite the potentially obvious correlation, I never even considered the thought.

Edit - One dressed like a husky and the other, if I remember right, was some sort of canine, I'm thinking maybe a fox? I say "dressed", but I don't know the correct term. I was curious about it enough to ask some minor questions, but never really asked why and what's the point. Nobody is "normal", so I respect the fact that they had the balls to openly display a rather unique personality trait when most of us keep ours a shameful secret.

Edit 2 - I don't know if this is the norm, but both of their suits were homemade. They were very impressive and looked professional.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:40:26 AM PST
They are called Fursuits, and a vast majority of them are homemade, otherwise they can run upwards of thousands of dollars which is rediculous. I am not a fan of wearing one personally, I imagine it would be waaay to hot and I don't like heat. To answer your question of "what is the point" To be honest I dunno! Our minds are just different I guess :3

And I'm a Eurasian badger.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:48:37 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
It's because he's black I tell ya!

Facts!

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:51:55 AM PST
Dukeshire says:
@Johns, Christmas (Sorry had to do that): I agree that CA would have issues, serious issues, but Scotland is thinking of becoming an independent nation, so I think CA would survive. It has one of the largest economies in the world. However, it would certainly need to get its out of its butt.

This is in general: I hear a lot of anti-Obama stuff, and that is fine. He is not a great president by any stretch of the imagination. But my question/comment is what would Bush or Romney or McCain have done? None had a plan. None. Romney's so-called 5 Point Plan was a joke because he had no plan. EVERY economist said that it would explode the deficit. Also, tax cuts at the top have been PROVEN not to create more jobs and money. Reagan and Bush cut them and guess what: The debt went up! Reagan and then Bush and then Clinton had to then raise taxes. Bush II did not. And we had one of the worst economic decades in our history.

Blame also needs to be passed along to Congress as they constantly block and filibuster. Hell, they would not even pass Veterans Benefits. Republicans cling to this notion that taxes must not be raised on their last constituents despite 73 percent of the public agreeing that they need to be. Obama has to work with the Congress but the latter has to realize that their prescription for America just isn't working. Tea Partyists are slowly realizing that when they are elected, their District still demands Pork, and that if they don't supply the goodies their butts are shown the door.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:56:21 AM PST
Like I said, Let them Secede :3.

Also if you want to remove debt, cutting taxes is actually the opposite of removing debt. The Government makes money on taxes, if we cut them sure the individual gets more money, but the government gets less and therefore less to put towards the debt. So we have people who want to fix the economy, but don't want to help do it :3.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 9:58:25 AM PST
Dukeshire says:
Exactly. You don't want to raise taxes too high on people who have less income. But Government can be used to create jobs, such as infrastructure jobs, construction jobs, and it can give tax cuts, breaks, incentives to companies for research and to create companies/products. Of course that was what Curt Schilling hoped....Doh!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  47
Total posts:  144
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions