Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls DLC thoughts (will contain spoilers)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 203 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 31, 2012 5:59:34 AM PDT
Is the guardian weapon any good? I hated those enemies. Got the bow and now will have to kill Gough to get his set. Do I buy Artorias set from Domnhall? This playthrough of mine is not a magic build and so wondering whether either the spell or the catalyst is of any use.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 6:05:11 AM PDT
Not sure on the guardian weapon, but I heard it hits very hard.

Yes, you get Art's set from Domnhall.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 6:24:23 AM PDT
Thanks Captain. Btw which boss did others have the most trouble with on the DLC?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 6:34:47 AM PDT
They all took me two tries except for Artorias. I killed him on my first attempt.

I think Manus was the most difficult until I realized the amulet negated that huge 1-shot AoE he uses.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 6:37:37 AM PDT
The problem with that one shot magic attack is that it's faster than the other magic that he uses and so by the time you realize he is doing that you are already dead. I noticed that when he was close to dying he would spam that attack a lot.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 9:08:28 AM PDT
Him says:
I 'accidentally' fought the dragon by myself first and died. Then I summoned two helpers and we wasted him. I beat Artorias with 1 helper on the first try. I beat Manus on the 4th try with 2 helpers and no Sif. I beat the Guardian on the 4th try with 2 helpers as well. I hated the Guardians because he just kept jumping around and I couldn't ever get more than 1 hit at a time on him. And I damn sure ain't going back to fight 2 of them!

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 9:33:16 AM PDT
Any boss in Dark Souls is easy if you summon help from other players. I wanted to try all the DLC bosses without help from other players...I did summon Sif for the Manus fight though. I found the guardian to be quite easy but not sure how fighting 2 at a time might turn out to be!

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 9:34:54 AM PDT
Scratchy says:
Wait how do 2 guardians come about? I fought only one on the 2 builds ive used.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 9:46:42 AM PDT
Him says:
When you're done with the DLC, go back to the beginning and there will be 2 of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012 10:50:48 AM PDT
Scratchy says:
Damn. Thank god i'm not done with the DLC yet.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012 12:47:09 PM PDT
Mojie55 says:
I fought the Guardian with my Silver Knight toon, SL 62 and killed it first time using the Silver Knight Spear. Then I took my SL 55 Balder knight with a Balder Side Sword. Killed it first time, easy enough. I just took my SL 99 mage through, maxed Butterfly Horn, Crystal Magic and I am getting slaughtered. lol. 10 times I fought it and lost, only once knocking half its power off. It just seems more agressive this time. Maybe it hits mages more, which makes it a racist. lol

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:07:48 AM PDT
Him says:
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but I will (again) anyway: apparently, the Hellkite Dragon glitch has been patched. Before, you could go underneath the dragon, past the rats and up the BK tower. Then if you went all the way to Andre and returned to the BK tower, the Hellkite Dragon would be roosting on the bonfire tower as usual. You could shoot one arrow at him and kill him. But now, he'll just fly off and won't return until you leave the BK tower.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:08:55 AM PDT
Yup. Now you have to fight him on the bridge to kill him.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:16:58 AM PDT
Him says:
Hey Capt, maybe you can answer this for me: I was messing around the other night trying to build up some souls to buy some different tite shards, so I kept leaving my sign just outside the parish near the steps leading to Andre's tower. I got summoned into someone's game and I'm sure they were in (at least) NG+. Instead of there being the huge Black Knight near the altar where Rhea eventually shows up, he was in phantom form standing near the elevator...wtf? He wasn't in my NG+ that I started last night.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:21:29 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 5:26:21 AM PDT
So the black knight was a black phantom black knight by the elevator?

According to the forums in a few places he shows up if the host was cursed by a Gravelord.

EDIT: And it could just be completely random. Apparently that black knight hits for around 1800 damage a pop! Wow! There's also black phantom undead dogs, mushrooms, and crystal golems.

I'm so glad I've never had the unfortunate luck to get one of them in my game before, lol.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:25:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 5:26:21 AM PDT
Him says:
Yep...and we had to kill him. It's the only time I've ever seen it. He had a red hue to him and he was standing right in front of the elevator to Firelink. He never moved until we entered the parish itself. He didn't seem any tougher than the normal black knight, but it was definitely his phantom.

Edit: cool. You never know what you'll see in this game!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:32:51 AM PDT
Yup!

Started 2 new builds last night.

The first is going to be my invasion (darkwraith cov) build, it should be done very quickly. I did a test run on it before in the forest cov and was doing very well.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/share?uid=Cruddierartist

The second is my dark mage, it will take around 5-10 hours more since I have to NG+ and make it to DLC twice for it to be complete, I also have to let the firekeeper at firelink die to get the dingy robe.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=3892850738730790

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:35:28 AM PDT
Him says:
Does anyone know if there's a website that you can enter your current stats and get an optimum build profile generated for you?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:36:18 AM PDT
Him says:
Laser, what SL are you? I can drop the dingy set for you, I don't need it. I also have an extra Firekeeper's Soul you can have. I'm 95.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:36:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 5:42:51 AM PDT
Also there are 3-4 black phantom dark wraiths in NG+ in New Londo Ruins.

I saw this without being cursed.

I never saw the phantom version of the knight you guys are talking about though....Maybe he's in NG++ or +++ as well? Sounds crazy!

I actually love the fact that they brought back black phantoms in NG+. It reminds me of 4-1 in Demon's Souls and the phantom rolling skellies.

EDIT: Black phantom mushrooms? Yikes.....I can't imagine how hard those things hit in NG+ or above. They would probably one hit KO my level 49, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:39:11 AM PDT
On my new build I'm only a 15-20 :/

Or else I would definitely take you up on that! Do you play on PC? If so we should add each other anyways. I have another build that's 127, a 49 identical to the first one I posted for the forest cov, and I'm finishing up another one.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:43:43 AM PDT
Him says:
Oh, nah, I actually play on both consoles! I hate that they patched the BB glitch, I just love creating new characters but hate waiting to get all the good stuff.

Anyway, where's the best place to farm Silver Knights...I need a spear drop for my rare weapon trophy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:46:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 5:50:50 AM PDT
Anor Londo past the arrow firing black knights, definitely.

The spear weilding knight down by chest is my suggestion.

I play on 360 too but haven't been on in awhile. I have all character slots full plus one guy with all materials/weapon upgrade paths.

I definitely am sad that they took the BB glitch away...It takes 7-12 hours (depending on build) now to get PvP ready vs 30 mins - an hour. They should have just made it to where you couldn't dupe divines/mushroom pieces and everything would have been golden. Just seems to hurt the more advanced PvPers IMO.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:50:06 AM PDT
Him says:
Ahh, I forgot about those dudes. And once you make your way around the staircase and unlock that door, you can get to them really easy from the bonfire where Solaire is sitting. Thanks!! BTW, I hate those BKs on the ledge.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:51:52 AM PDT
Speaking of those arrow firing knights, did you notice a difference in their placement on PC? The left knight can STILL HIT YOU WITH ARROWS while you're attacking the right knight. On PS3 the arrows wouldn't hit you in the back.

I hate that spot ohsofaking much more now.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  203
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions