Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Gaming - 11/16 - 11/18 Edition

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 113 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:28:21 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Really?! Damn, that's surprising. You were all about it before it came out. It's not good?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:29:06 AM PST
Solid Sponge says:
I am very close to finishing MGS4, so I'll most likely try and mop that up and start the campaign for Black Ops 2. I've been engrossed with multiplayer and zombies for the past week.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:31:32 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I played the demo last night, and the game rubbed me the wrong way - in so many ways - that i couldn't even finish the demo.

The car handling is horrible
Graphics fall into the decent category
Car designs somewhat resemble the real life cars
Customization is a joke
Can't even change the paint on your car
Crashing is way too frequent

Worst NFS game (Yes, even worse that The Run), but it's probably the best Burnout game ever. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:34:51 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Wow, glad I didn't get it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:36:26 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Same here, I went back to Midnight club LA to satisfy my racing urge with customization.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:45:33 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Do you have the GH version or the regular version. I always shied away from that game because I heard it was brutally difficult.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:48:01 AM PST
GyozaSauce says:
BLands 2, last character to get to lvl 50 so I could be ready for the next dlc that drops on 11/20.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:50:30 AM PST
Prankster says:
Did you finish the last part of it as well? I think it's rescuing a whole bunch of people. I completed 300 riddles before moving on to another game. I wasn't even bored really. Damn, should have continued! It will be really difficult to just start the game after a year again and expect to finish the most difficult riddles. Also, I wish they wouldn't have included those physical challenges as a part of those.

Other than that, I agree with everyone, fantastic game! Then again, I've been drooling over it for quite some time now. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:52:10 AM PST
Marvelous says:
It's the regular version. i wouldn't say it's brutally difficult, but there are some races that seem impossible to win if you crash one time. But what's cool is it starts you off easy, but once you start droppingin cold air intakes and engine mods, the competition gets kicked up a notch.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:53:42 AM PST
A little Lego LOTR, Blands 1 and 2 and maybe some Epic Mickey 2 if I decide to pick it up on Sunday for me this weekend.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:55:26 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Ah, I did manage to beat the boar in Nier at level 6 last night. I was cheap and got it to keep running into the smaller rock next to the giant rock. Then I'd run around the rock and do the finisher until it got up and repeated until it was dead. Take that stupid quest!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:12:21 AM PST
Same as the past 2 weekends. Pokemon Sapphire and Assassins Creed. On my way to the Elite 4 in Sapphire, just got my 8th Badge. I'll work on the side missions in ACIII

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:29:58 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Yeah all of them, I think I had like 360-370 of the trophies, I'm glad it didn't require all 400.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:05:20 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I liked how the Catwoman sections practically felt like you were playing a Spiderman game that was way better than any recent Spiderman games (disclaimer: I haven't played Amazing Spiderman, yet).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:11:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 10:32:59 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
He's never even played the full version and he thinks The Run is a good racing game.

Most Wanted was a disappointment to me because it felt like a smashed up Burnout Paradise and Hot Pursuit, but with half the content of either. The Most Wanted races offer little challenge and are completable within 10 hours. There are tons of cars to find and unlock parts for, but with little excitement or motivation outside of autolog (which is useless if you don't have anyone on your friendslist playing) or completionist OCD, it's tough to keep playing. I love Criterion and they implemented a couple neat new things, but this game as a whole feels rushed and empty, which is weird considering they've had two years since their last major project.

It's a good game, but it doesn't measure up to Criterion's past titles. You're better off sticking with Hot Pursuit.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:15:42 AM PST
Got the Wii-U coming on Sunday with Nintendoland (part of the Deluxe bundle), New Super Mario Bros. U, and ZombiU so that will keep me plenty busy.

Until Sunday though I'll be jamming out on Skyrim and The Old Republic. I might bother a few peeps on Steam to see if we can get some Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead 2, or PayDay going as well.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:19:59 AM PST
Smarty says:
SC: Heart of the Swarm Beta all weekend. No classes next week so I actually have nothing I need to do this weekend.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:23:25 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I really regret ever trading in Hot Pursuit, I could really play that again now.

Hey now, I never praised The Run as a "good" racing game, but I just so happen to like it. That doesn't taint my opinion, if that's what your implying from that statement...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:26:34 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
you actually need all of them to save the last hostage but if you have the catwoman DLC, those riddler challanges from catwoman also carry over and count towards batman and the total of 400.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:26:56 AM PST
Prankster says:
Neato! I do think I should get around to that someday. 300+ is so close to the finish line that I don't want to give up. Plus this is the very last sidequest remaining for me. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:27:15 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
i enjoyed the music from Hot Pursuit but i also miss it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:27:27 AM PST
I forgot about TOR going free-to-play, I gotta try that out again.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:28:27 AM PST
A few of us are jumping on a server together this weekend. Nate, his wife, I think Guest might join us, Dragon, and so on.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:28:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 10:34:43 AM PST
C. Burpee says:
Well I just finished The Testament of Sherlock Holmes last night, and have nothing to play at the moment. My work place gave us a $25 gift card(for Thanksgiving) to our local grocery chain so I used it to buy an Amazon gift card and on top of having $15 promotional credit from buying my Nephews christmas gifts earlier on amazon I just ordered Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Will be getting that Tuesday, can't wait.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 2:51:20 PM PST
Technosapien says:
I'll be working on getting the platinum trophy for Okami HD. All I really need to do is find the remaining stray beads. I got like half of them so far.

after that, I'll be getting back to Killzone HD, R&C HD, and Walking Dead.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  113
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions