Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Skyrim Game of the Year edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 164 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 4:23:26 PM PDT
Blue_Sun_Inc says:
Dude, this is the Internet: I highly doubt this group was so easily offended by me calling out "navel-gazers". Likewise, you havent been a very good ambassador, either, so let's call it even....

I checked-out your reviews: you write very well, and have an honest, clear way about conveying your opinion of the games. I admire that. I also noticed that you give most of your games a lot of stars, some 4s but mostly 5s.... This is because you review games you like/love, and in the process you overlook/ignore glaring deficiencies that a different reviewer might condemn, or might completely turn someone else off to the game. This is totally human, because the EXPERIENCE of the game often supersedes everything else....

Likewise, I wasn't bothered by the glitches/bugs/flaws in Skyrim that you seem to be fixated on, or maybe the PS3 version was just totally aweful (360, ftw!), but either way, in the final analysis, they just didnt matter to me..... Because the EXPERIENCE of exploring that vast world was simply mind-blowing. I'm not defending Bethesda or being a "fanboy" by saying this: I am a simply a gamer, like you, who likes what he likes.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 4:25:16 PM PDT
DVvM says:
Are bugs in single player games that allow you to become really powerful really efficiently (or arbitrarily rich), actually a problem?

I'm personally inclined to think those are benign sorts of bugs.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 4:28:55 PM PDT
Kin-foot says:
I got Skyrim on PS3 day one and I have loved every minute of the 100hrs I sunk in it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 4:30:53 PM PDT
Blue_Sun_Inc says:
I have no desire to defend Skyrim deficiencies: I am simply a casual gamer..... Go to UESPwiki.org .... Those exploits were patched, apparently...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 4:32:28 PM PDT
Blue_Sun_Inc says:
Yeah! I like having an exploit or two in a game! Choice, man!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 4:48:24 PM PDT
Oh, I hope so! Sometimes it's hard to be patient but I do love the GOTY editions. I sometimes wish they would re-release all the Elder Scroll games in one HUGE box set.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 4:57:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 7:15:20 PM PDT
new Tron says:
Lol...yeah, I've quit quite a few games over the past couple years, and didn't bother to review them, simply because I don't feel like I am qualified to review a game I don't play through to completion. Enslaved, Metro 2033, Ys Origin, From Dust, Oblivion, Alpha Protocol, Prince of Persia and Valkyria Chroncles are just a handful of games I started, didn't enjoy, and quit playing due to not getting much enjoyment out of the experience. Luckily, I don't get paid for reviewing games on amazon, and don't have to waste my life playing and writing about games I dont enjoy if I don't choose to.

Anyways, we can just agree to disagree about Skyrim. And I apologize if I came across as insulting. I really enjoy being a part of this community, and didn't particularly care for the way you came across in your initial post, and may have overreacted. But regardless, feel free to stick around and post in the future. This really is a great place to hang. Cheers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:00:46 PM PDT
Blue_Sun_Inc says:
Agreed! Peace to you

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:00:49 PM PDT
I read in PC gamer about a glitch that happened when this guy was a werewolf and for some reason the guards didn't react to him so he went into town and of course all the NPC's promptly attacked him. He said the guards all came to his aid and slew everyone (except of course the unkillable quest givers). He said it was hillarious to see the guards chasing the quest givers all over town, beating them to a pulp. Call me crazy but that kinda sounds like fun. I saved the issue so hopefully I can re-create the scenario. However, on a more serious note, I always buy the GOTY strategy guide because it often tells he about glitches and how to avoid breaking quest lines. Plus I save often so I can always re-load if a have to.

Oh it is so hard to be patient sometimes but hopefully the GOTY will be out soon. In the mean time, I can STILL be found wandering around in Morrowind and Oblivion. My husband can't see why I like to keep playing these older games. He's kinda a FPS guy who plays through and then moves on to the next game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 5:03:35 PM PDT
What is TPB?

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:03:44 PM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Anyone remember Red Dead Redemption having those Bird/Cougar Men glitches. When I saw the donkey face lady on youtube that was priceless.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 6:46:18 PM PDT
Blue_Sun_Inc says:
The Pirate Bay, for illegal downloads....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 7:01:08 PM PDT
DVvM says:
Trade Paperback?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 7:05:46 PM PDT
I am SO glad you resurrected this thread.

Some people don't like to spend $60 on a game and then $40+ on DLC when they can wait and get the whole package for $40-60 a year or two later. If I know that I want all of the Skyrim content, why does it matter to you if I choose to wait until I can get it all at once for a price I find acceptable?

The real issue here, though, is that plenty of gamers have a backlog and see no reason to spend $60 on a game they won't get to for a while. You must not have a backlog. Some gamer you are.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 7:42:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 7:42:41 PM PDT
HorizonBrave says:
Uh oh, I wouldn't like to be called a gamer, specially from people that spend $300 on backlogs .. SOME GAMERS THEY ARE :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 7:52:12 PM PDT
DVvM says:
I probably have $300 in my backlog, it's about 20 games deep.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 7:53:15 PM PDT
Some people keep money under the mattress. Gamers keep money under their backlog.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 7:53:25 PM PDT
:-)

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:24:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 8:25:07 PM PDT
HorizonBrave says:
I feel like the weird dude from the bunch ... I don't buy many games, even at 75% discount.
ONLY, and ONLY when they interest me enough to dream about them I make the purchase (AC2, Darksiders1, BL1), all at 75%.

WHAT AM I?! :(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 8:27:01 PM PDT
Your a casual gamer.

Nothing to really be worried about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 8:27:58 PM PDT
HorizonBrave says:
But I have 210 hours put on CS:GO ... no kidding.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 8:28:44 PM PDT
That is pretty hardcore.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 8:30:30 PM PDT
Your a hardcore casual gamer.

Or your just a penny pincher.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 8:32:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 1, 2012 8:35:25 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 8:36:02 PM PDT
216 hours. That's impressive.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Weekend gaming 08/22 - 08/24: Who else had a crappy week? 15 1 minute ago
Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition thread 189 1 minute ago
OT: What's The Worst Hotel/Motel Etc. You've Ever Stayed In? 25 2 minutes ago
MIA*² 3284 3 minutes ago
Madden 15 Thread 0 4 minutes ago
As I sit drinking doing comedy all I can say is damn I love being a real dude. 27 5 minutes ago
Bayonetta 2 Hands-On: Unrelenting, Sexy, and Totally Outrageous 49 5 minutes ago
Pc vs Console's: Which is truly the best? 103 6 minutes ago
Micro$ofts new slogan: we can run 900p! 8 6 minutes ago
Help me get my loot & level fix: Path of Exile, Marvel Heroes 2015, or The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing? 48 12 minutes ago
you guys think most of IdSoftware's games are hidden comedies??? 5 13 minutes ago
Dualshock 4 $40 at Ebay, also preorders of white Dualshock 4 $50 at Newegg 3 16 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  164
Initial post:  Aug 8, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions