Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Dark Souls DLC thoughts (will contain spoilers)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 101-125 of 203 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:54:43 AM PDT
Him says:
Yeah, I only used the BB glitch to have fun...I never invade people. And since I'm not very good at PvP, it gave me a fighting chance against low-level griefing asshats.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 11:46:42 AM PDT
Never used a single DS glitch. Never realized I was being griefed at low levels, but now it makes sense why I would be invaded by level 10 people with +10 and end game gear. I thought they were just doing all the content at level 10, now I realize they were cheating.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:02:30 PM PDT
Sars says:
every now and then they will hit you in the back on ps3, but not to often. also thos knights are easy no you just run into that corner and he will follow you and either fall off or you can run right by him. i used to hate them, now they are just another easy opsticle

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:10:30 PM PDT
Him says:
Sars, can you be a little more specific. Which corner to do you mean by "that corner"...?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:21:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 12:23:54 PM PDT
Sars says:
when you go up the bridge and run to the right on the ledge with the black knight. you know how they ledge goes kind of around the building. if you go in the corner right before the black knight he will pull out his sword and come after you. he will either fall off or you can lead him back to the bridge you took to get up there and run right past him. its kind of hard to explain.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:24:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 12:25:53 PM PDT
The corner by the right knight.

I usually run up the pathway and sprint towards him. He may fire one or two arrows while on the very narrow pathway on the side of the castle but if you can time a roll right then you can roll forward through them.

Once I get to the corner by this knight he typically fires once more into the wall in front of him, then he switches to sword/shield and walks slowly over. If you block the entire time and inch towards the edge he will hit you and then fall off.

Easy peasy this way.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:30:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 12:36:42 PM PDT
I've beaten the entire game before at lvl 13, it is also definitely possible to have high end gear by lvl 10 with the right farming technique.

The same people who griefed will still do so after the glitch, it will just take them around 5-10 extra hours.

Though I am glad there isn't divine duping anymore, because that is a blatant cheat. I'm pretty sure they removed the BB glitch also because of the mushroom pieces you can get in the DLC that heal you extremely fast for 30-60 seconds. Facing someone with 99 of those would be terrible.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:33:02 PM PDT
Sars says:
yeah it is but how many people actually did it that way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:39:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 12:43:21 PM PDT
Someone who's determined to grief will do it.

There are tons of griefers on PC, the only difference is that the initial setup took them a little bit longer.

But either way - Removing the BB glitch (on console) didn't stop griefers since their builds are still intact. It just hindered it slightly in the future.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:39:45 PM PDT
Scratchy says:
I normally used the eagle shield for that part mainly because of the reduced damage from the lightning demon's attacks and the fact that when the silver knights hit me they usually bounced back when i was blocking which made it easy to kick em off that ledge.

Now that Eagle shield is not 100% phys resistant dunno if i would still use it for that part.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:41:44 PM PDT
Chris... says:
Divine duping? Can you explain?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:44:03 PM PDT
Using the BB glitch to make infinite divine blessings.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 12:50:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 1, 2012 12:50:40 PM PDT
Duping 198 divine blessings.

Divines heal you faster than anything in the game and remove all status ailments (poison, toxic, bleed, etc).

I had 99 divines on me at all time to but only used them whenever I saw an enemy doing so or if someone was cheating. This is the only thing truly bad about the BB glitch. Everything else would happen regardless.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 12:58:48 PM PDT
Chris... says:
Wow. That's a dirty trick. These cheaters have no shame.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 1:11:43 PM PDT
Honestly, as long as they stay in their own game it means nothing to me. If I invade a world, I gamble with what I'll end up with. If I get invaded by a cheater, I'm going to grief them as much as I possibly can. I know how to be frustrating in this game.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 1:13:59 PM PDT
Is there an infinite health hack on the PS3 as well just like the PC version? A few days back I was invaded by someone and I used my great combustion on him a few times...even hit with my halberd a couple of times but I could see he wasn't taking any damage.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 2:35:05 PM PDT
Bionix01 says:
On xbox i got hit in the back a few times by the black knight up there. It was annoying because i never struggled there at all until NG+++ then it took like 7 tries because i kept getting hit

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 2:47:06 PM PDT
I don't understand how you could beat 4 kings at level 13, you must be pretty uber.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 2:50:01 PM PDT
Scratchy says:
Seeing how things scale to your level keeping your soul level low actually works in your favor. All you need is that witch lady (can't remember her name) and it's a cake wake of a fight in NG. For NG+ is where they tend to be royal b-holes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 3:01:22 PM PDT
Slow down a second, Dark Souls has level scaling>???????? Why is everything so easy at SL 125?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 1, 2012 3:16:46 PM PDT
I don't believe that it has level scaling so much that if a person is playing it at a very low level, they have trained themselves to be more combat aware and have the environments down. Thus, making it easier. I could be completely wrong in this, but I don't believe so and have heard no rumors of the kind.

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 5:02:46 PM PDT
The main reason to level up for me was to get the stats needed to wield certain weapons or cast magic. I guess that is where I am confused. I can't imagine beating 4 kings with a starting level axe and leather, no spells, no poise, and 100 hps

Posted on Nov 1, 2012 11:43:55 PM PDT
Scratchy says:
Don't need too much stats to wield some of the better reliable weapons in the game. If you use souls to upgrade armor, weapons and pyromancy you can possibly beat the game at a low level. Might take awhile but its not impossible.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:20:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 5:23:24 AM PDT
No, lol, there is definitely not level scaling. Not sure what Scratchy is talking about...

Regarding lvl 13 game - It's all about which weapon/shield you use and upgrading them to the max beforehand....Plus Beatrice is a good tank for your first playthrough. Almost every class can 2 hand a lightening claymore +5 and carry a crest shield +5/grass crest which is more than enough to take them down. Throw in a havels ring and you can wear a nice set of armor with it.

I definitely could not have beaten it with such a low level on NG+ though.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 5:25:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2012 5:25:40 AM PDT
Him says:
I must be summoning a different Beatrice because she never lasts through the 1st King, much less the entire fight. Now, she does do all the work against the Moonlight Butterfly, so maybe it evens out. Personally, I wish she'd reverse those roles because I can handle the Butterfly myself.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  203
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions