Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Obligitory Borderlands 2 Impression/Discussion Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:08:08 AM PDT
klopas says:
I haven't done any research on this, and I'm at work, but what's the deal with the Badass ranking? I know that you get points for completing various non-quest related objectives. When choosing a reward, are the choices randomized? For instance, I redeemed a token for 1% Extra Gun Damage, then another token to take it to 1.6% Gun Damage. However, the next five token redemptions did not have the choice for more Gun Damage, just other things like elemental damage, gun accuracy, etc. Is it simply random?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:10:32 AM PDT
uncledonnie3 says:
Yeah it's random.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:10:42 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:31:41 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:12:49 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I love the badass ranking. Those bonuses work on every character you create. How cool!?

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:14:07 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 7:18:40 AM PDT
the stats are thus:

Stat Bonus = (Number of spent Tokens)^.75

so if you spend 1 it's 1.0% (1 to any power is one)
spend 2, it's 2^.75 = 1.68% and they round that to 1.7%

In cast anyone was wondering, it would take about 468 tokens to get +100% in any of the stats. And that means all those tokens spent on ONE stat, which is near impossible to do. But they ARE infinite. What I would like to know is if I finish a challenge to it's maximum level, can I... re complete that maximum level of the challenge on that same character or do I HAVE to make a new character.

Would be kind of depressing to add a token and only get +.001% at one point. I bet they will go from a percentage to a flat rate after a certain number of tokens. though I could be completely wrong.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:16:31 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Awww yeah it shipped!

Should be here on Monday, gives me plenty of time to finish BL1.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:25:45 AM PDT
FOGE says:
What are you? An actuary? I think the math is sound. Well done good sir!

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:27:08 AM PDT
FOGE says:
*****First Borderlands Spoiler alert*****

The intro where Marcus (NO REFUNDS!) mentioned the first vault was filled with tentacles and disappoint made me laugh. Mostly because it reminded me of Oskar's weekends, but funny either way.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:29:19 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
So do you get EXP as well as badass tokens or just the tokens?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:36:52 AM PDT
McAwesomeo says:
It seems like just the tokens. It looks like they're replacing the effect of skill ranks in the previous game since I haven't raised a level in any weapons and I was unable to find any ranks in the menu.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:37:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 7:39:22 AM PDT
No I am not an Actuary, However I did go to school for 2 years to attempt to become one. But the program at the school i attended was awful, and I eventually dropped out. I already had a degree in Web Programming so I continued with the job I had, and decided to do random math things for fun in my offtime.

On a side note: To get to even 10% of one stat takes 22 Tokens. Not nearly as ridiculous and could easily be possible in a game. 10% Is a nice boost to any of the stats. Personally I hope to focus on Elemental Chance, Reload Speed, and Stability.

Tokens did replace that. Instead of having to focus on a weapon you just get a flat bonus to ALL weapons on ALL characters. This is nice because Many times in BL1 i had a powerful SNiper rifle, and my sniping skill was extrmeley high, but I would find a shotgun that could be strong, if My skill in it wasn't so low, and I opted to not use it and continue with the Sniper rifle and an SMG.

But even those had maximums. BA Tokens do not!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:38:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 7:41:30 AM PDT
Sars says:
The tokens are done by doing challenges

nvm read wrong lol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:39:50 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
I understand, but in Borderlands 1 you got EXP for completing the challenges, and I think that is awesome.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:40:24 AM PDT
It is nice to get EXP, but once your max level those challenges became kinda pointless other than just that, challenges.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:40:47 AM PDT
FOGE says:
Ha well your statistical knowledge is finally being put to good use. I was an Actuary for a semester. Then I decided I wanted to have a social life.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:42:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 7:42:41 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
How many challenges took until level 69 to complete?

The tokens are cool, but I wish they kept the exp bonuses.

edit: and on that note, what is so great about an extra +.0001% weapon damage at max level.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:42:50 AM PDT
haha, i Decided that Actuary's kinda have a.... what's the word... Well we reduce everyone's life to a number for insurance purposes. That's just cruel honestly. So when an insurance company denies your claim or charges a crap load for your current health. It's an Actuary doing that math.

I loved the math behind Interest and the theory of interest, but statistics and Actuary math and formulas are not fun to me. Social life is something I never had or will have so I didn't have to worry about that.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:43:22 AM PDT
Sars says:
is anyone actually trying for the challenes or are yall just getting them as you go

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:43:53 AM PDT
Slaychandim says:
I had a doc appointmet yestarday (wink wink)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:45:01 AM PDT
FOGE says:
I just didnt like the people in my classes; too introverted. And I didnt want to work in a basement crunching numbers all day. Im much happier with my new job.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:45:45 AM PDT
FOGE says:
To me, I didnt notice any that took effort. Seems like they will all happen in normal playthroughs.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:46:09 AM PDT
Strider you have to remember that the games original max level was 50, and wasn't increased until the third DLC, and then again after the free patch years later.

I had most of the challenges finished before Knoxx DLC, only some of the ones with gun types i never used were left. And i completed a great deal of the harder ones far after I had reached the max level at the time.

And I agree there is nothing cool about getting .01% of a bonus, which is why I'm guessing they may make it linear after a certain % mark or certain number of tokens spent on a single upgrade like...

after 100 tokens are spent on one upgrade (31% bonus) each token after that would give .5% or so more. and climb linearly like that.

This hasn't been reached by anyone yet so again, i have NO idea. I'm just making my assumptions based on the coins I have spent thus far.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:47:44 AM PDT
I agree, they are more happen as you go types of challenges. It also encourages exploration, and using weapon types you don't normally use (For me that's shotguns, i rarely use them)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:47:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 19, 2012 7:48:42 AM PDT
StriderNeo15 says:
Change my question to level 50 then.

I don't know, I haven't played BL2 yet obviously so I'm sure it's fine.

But I have a lot of challenges in BL1 complete already at level 29, and I love getting that exp boost.

Just not sure why they couldn't give EXP AND tokens.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 7:53:52 AM PDT
They may, and i just never really noticed.

But you could complete most level 1 2 and 3 challenges before level 50 if you wanted. But the level 4 challenges were a bit more difficult and usually didn't happen till after max level.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  85
Total posts:  1638
Initial post:  Sep 17, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions