Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Worst Band You've Ever Listened To

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 90 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 18, 2012 10:08:44 AM PST
Meth Panther says:
Maroon 5 makes me want to drown kittens

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 9:11:56 AM PST
Never heard "Tell Another Joke at the Ol' Choppin' Block"by The Danielson Famile? Brilliant Christian rock album and this is coming from a pretty cynical atheist.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 7:44:00 AM PST
Any Christian rock band, and Taylor Swift.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 6:48:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 6:58:47 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Basically, this.

Edit: never mind, seems I'm a little late to his party.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:57:35 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I actually liked them back in the day. I should see if I still have my Cereal Killer cassette. Then I should see if I have anything that will actually play a cassette.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:50:13 PM PST
user22 says:
Absurd lyrics aside, Timbaland & Magoo actually had a few good hits. The driving force behind them was Timbaland's beats.

I fully agree with you on White Girl Mob though. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:43:56 PM PST
I was certainly surprised that they weren't brought up...but then again, they sure as hell didn't give anybody much of a reason to remember them either!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:41:49 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Primus sucks!! Was the name of their fan club. But in no way at all do they suck. Les Claypool is the best bass player hands down.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:37:07 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
Hah! I was replying to a post on the previous page and hadn't seen that yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 10:35:26 PM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I'm not sure if Green Jell˙ or Primus were the first. Both used the fact that they sucked as a slogan.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:27:02 PM PST
A customer says:
If we're going into hip hop bands, it gets much, much worse than ICP, believe me. There's a group called the White Girl Mob that's wack as F__K... for instance. Timbaland & Magoo is wacker than ICP.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 10:21:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 10:27:51 PM PST
I really enjoy all the mentions of ICP in this thread. Cheers VGF, next round is on me.

That said, I'd like to add another craptastic band that I don't believe anyone has mentioned yet:

Green Jelly. That is all.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:50:09 PM PST
cab0218 says:
One Direction

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:38:56 PM PST
user22 says:
Did you know that song is about drugs? "I want to hold your hand" is actually code for I want to eat your bath salts.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:34:01 PM PST
A customer says:
Indeed. I'd also argue for Slayer's Hell Awaits as being proto-death. As far as I'm concerned, Sarcophago's INRI is at least as groundbreaking as Scream Bloody Gore. Not to take anything away from Chuck, but he didn't invent death metal out of thin air. No-one did. It was a gradual evolution. If I were asked what the first album that could be considered "death metal" in the modern sense, it would still be Seven Churches.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:29:46 PM PST
A customer says:
You're being sarcastic, right? Groundbreaking? C'mon, Bear, how about EVERYTHING The Beatles did from Rubber Soul on. You're judging them on literally the first couple years of their recording career.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:27:58 PM PST
I'm actually more of a fan of The Love Shack, but I do like Rock Lobster.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:27:24 PM PST
I guess that's a debatable one. I dunno, I always thought Seven Churches was a more proto-death metal, it has more thrash elements than Scream Bloody Gore.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:25:44 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Rock Lobster is a classic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 9:23:28 PM PST
A customer says:
That would be Possessed. Death debuted a couple years after them.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:49:36 PM PST
Chuck was an amazing man for the metal genre. His death was truly tragic. His music is not for everybody, but anybody who slags him off is a complete idiot. He deserves the respect.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:46:12 PM PST
We should kill cancer for killing Chuck. I like their later stuff but I still think "Evil Dead' is probably the greatest death metal song ever written.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:44:03 PM PST
Death Metal is one of those genre that has excellent, jaw dropping music, but a lot of generic crap. Ironically, Death, the father of the genre, ended up being one of the most melodic, beautiful, technically accomplished, and intellectual bands of the genre.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:41:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 17, 2012 8:41:55 PM PST
I. Flores says:
There are some awesomely good death/ black metal bands, like Dimmu Borgir and Gorgoroth, but there also some horribly bad ones too.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:40:32 PM PST
Modern Bear says:
Not as a whole in a row, just some songs here and there but I do actually like a lot of their songs. There is just something about that band. Cindy and Kate sound great when they sing together, and while many people may find Fred's style of talk-singing (not sure what the technical term for this style is) weird, it's kind of neat because he does it well. Their older songs just have such a cool sound that you don't hear much. It was a cool mix of old surfer style songs and something new. It's hard to put to words.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  90
Initial post:  Nov 17, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 18, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions