Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Jawwaad, wanna go half on this?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 55 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 29, 2012 11:19:28 AM PST
Waldo says:
Mutant Fist Pounder???? RU sure your Mom doesn't have that under her bed?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:18:02 AM PST
OP says:
One of my favorite cartoons from the 80s.

The only item I had was the Thundercats Mutant Fist Pounder, and I don't think I ever opened it. It's probably still in its box in a closet somewhere at my parents' house.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:59:50 AM PST
shiftless says:
Oh, and the M*A*S*K toys. Some really cool designs on those vehicles.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:58:07 AM PST
shiftless says:
No one has mentioned The Centurions or Inhumanoids. I had a couple of the Centurion figures back in the day, those were so cool with all the different weapon attachments. Nothing a teenaged boy likes more than a dude with a dozen cannons, autoguns, and turrets plugged into himself. Power extreme!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:38:10 AM PST
user22 says:
Yeah, I still have some of my He-Man figures and the BattleCats, but somehow my Castle Greyskull mysteriously disappeared. I swear it fell into the dimensional black hole under my bed along with my 30th Anniversary Special holo-cover issue of Spider-Man #26 and my Ghostbusters Proton Pack. Though it's more likely one of my "friends" happened to "borrow" them.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:25:16 AM PST
Waldo says:
I still have a bunch of my old school He-Man toys and Castle Greyskull, Snake Mountain, Horde Castle, etc etc. Unfortunately aint worth much!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 10:23:02 AM PST
user22 says:
Man I wish I still had my old toy sets. I used to have He-Man's Castle Greyskull, TMNT Sewer, TMNT Sewer Dragster, TMNT Foot Clan Car, etc. I actually still have parts of the Sewer in storage, but it's missing a lot and many of the stickers are ripped off.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:11:27 AM PST
Waldo says:
New Sex Toy Silicone Anal Beads Plug

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:42:20 AM PST
Hmmm...I only have the vehicle that carries two big launch missiles. I don't remember what is it called.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 11:00:32 PM PST
Anthony says:
i still need to get around to finish watching Rurouni Kenshin. i got like 70 episodes in before going off and watching something else.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:54:44 PM PST
I would actually recommend Exosquad to anyone who hasn't seen it. Besides being a war based mech show it dealt with issues like racism (humans and Neosapien), genocide, the spread of propaganda to justify the aforementioned issues, and cloning/genetic creations used as slave. It's really some of the best writing I've ever seen in a cartoon because it's so much deeper than mechs blowing things up to sell toys.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:52:26 PM PST
Anthony says:
Batman Beyond was canceled way too soon. and i wasn't too thrilled with the thing about them more or less making Terry a clone of Bruce, either. it felt like it diminished his accomplishments, to a certain degree.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:50:27 PM PST
Anthony says:
actually, reboot kind of sounds vaguely familiar.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:49:34 PM PST
Anthony says:
yeah i got that series too. think i got all of the DCAU. excluding the aforementioned Zeta project. which was crap.

DCAU: Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Justice League/JLU, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, Zeta Project. think that's all of it anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:49:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 10:50:29 PM PST
A lot of people never heard of Exosquad. That's probably because it was on the USA Network on Saturday mornings and they were inconsistent with showing it. It's too bad it wasn't more popular or maybe the DVD of season one would have sold better, so that Universal would have actually done the rest on DVD. The animation was about par for the time, which is probably not that great for today's standards but the writing was excellent. There are so many parallels in the series to events and battles in WW2.

Reboot was a computer animated show in a similar style to Beast Wars. It all took place inside a computer system with the characters being programs, like Tron. it was kind of weird but it worked well I thought.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:44:05 PM PST
I actually agree with you on the 90s X-Men. It was good to a point but a lot of the episodes seemed like filler junk. I didn't think the voice acting was very good either. It seemed like it was mostly a bunch of yelling. I stopped watching it completely after the episode with the space whale.

Justice League/Unlimited on the other hand is one of my favorite super hero series. I bought the entire series on DVD last year when it was only $38 on Black Friday. Mrs. Bear and I watched them all and she loved it too. Thanks to Nate or telling me about it when it went down in price.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:39:20 PM PST
Anthony says:
np.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:39:12 PM PST
Anthony says:
of those 80's cartoons you just listed i only recognized Galaxy Rangers. and that's only because i'm a jerry orbach fan, lol. never actually seen it though. never heard of Exosquad or reboot either.

beast wars and prime are probably my favorite transformers cartoons period. the other one you are probably talking about was Armada. what little i saw of it was decent. never saw the entire series, or the two sequel series based off it.

and the DCAU was generally pretty damn good. except for the Zeta Project. that show was complete crap.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:37:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 10:38:48 PM PST
Jawwaad says:
With all this talk of 80s cartoons, you guys made me re pre order Masters of the Universe - 30th Anniversary Limited Edition. I had cancelled it at first because of the price but for over 4200 minutes of good ol He Man, I think it's worth it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:34:06 PM PST
Anthony says:
and Superman TAS, Spiderman TAS (the best of the spiderman cartoons). then again, the 2000's had Justice League, and X-Men Evolution (my favorite X-Men cartoon).

i watched the X-Men cartoon from the 90's in its entirety maybe a year ago. it did NOT hold up well. there were maybe a handful of genuinely good episodes in the entire series. the first few with Beast in prison and Jubilee being rescued, for example. or the one about Nightcrawler. and Apocalypse in that cartoon was just plain pathetic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:31:55 PM PST
Thanks a lot!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:31:09 PM PST
Heck yeah! I watched just about every 80s weekday afternoon cartoon there was at least some. Besides the usual super popular ones, I was also a fan of Robotech, Galaxy Rangers, Silverhawks, Bionic 6, Defenders of the Earth, and some others I probably can't remember right now.

Other awesome 90s ones were Tiny Toon Adventures, Exosquad, Beast Wars, Reboot and Superman.

The last decade I think has seen a decline in good animated shows but I did love Justice League/Unlimited, Futurama, and I have even watched some Transformers Prime and one of the other Transformers series that wasn't as crappy as most of the newer ones usually are.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:29:36 PM PST
Anthony says:
it hasn't been on for a few weeks now. it was on after Clone wars, at like 10 am, i believe, Saturdays, with repeats on sundays same with Green Lantern TAS. not sure why. you can catch quite a few episodes here though:

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/young_justice/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 10:24:10 PM PST
I saw some episodes of Young Justice and liked it. Then it was taken off or moved. Where and when is it on now?

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:21:41 PM PST
The 80s and 90s had awesome cartoons. We had Thundercats and DuckTales and Batman and Animaniacs and X-Men and all that jazz.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  55
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions