Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Watch Dogs for Wii U.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 62 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 2:25:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 2:26:37 PM PST
HAHA!

Pretty much summed up the game. But really it all comes down to that fancy iPhone he's carrying.

I thought the game was about being a "hero"... Savings one person's life (or the two bucks in her wallet) while probably killing or severely injuring two cops by crashing them into a pole going 50mph and then stopping a train full of people who probably suffered from hardcore whiplash.... Totally worth it!

Game does look fun though.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 2:11:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 21, 2013 2:58:17 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
So you can save a lady from getting attacked by taking down half the city to catch the guy and escape. There are no objectives or goals. You listen in on everyones conversations and react to the ones you like. Sounds like a smart version of GTA without the horrible cut scenes, terrible accents, and objectives. Worth a buy for sure, but since it has apparantly endless gameplay, I'll buy it when it's cheap. That wraps it up right ? Wonder if you run around in that same pedifile outfit all game. Love the Chi-town setting.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 2:01:09 PM PST
1#Fetish says:
Deus needs to recharges his batteries after 1 punch...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2013 6:25:12 AM PST
Coffee says:
"Also am I the only one who noticed the homeless guy was an Iraqi war vet?"

I did. I don't think that they were trying to focus more than others, more like "scanning" the people around him for potential threats, or grimey rich dudes to go all Robin Hood on.

Besides, as a game that is all about information being hackable, and how everyone is "on the grid," it doesn't surprise me to see even a homeless guy being findable, ESPECIALLY if he's a Vet. Everything at the VA is electronic these days, including photos, medical records, contact info and SSNs.

Posted on Feb 21, 2013 6:08:26 AM PST
Lucanus says:
"Of course, you can arbitrarily down-vote my post instead of trying to prove me wrong, that's within your capabilities. What's outside of your control however, is making what I just said any less true."

I take downvotes as a huge compliment, especially when not a single person has a response. Basically not only are they admitting you are right, but they are crying about it on the way out the door. A win/win situation.

I think the annoyance Keji, myself and others have with the trolls is the consistant aspect. I made a Best Buy Wii-U sale thread, it got trolled. Jason made a F-zero sale thread, it got trolled. Aku makes a perfectly nice Watchdog Wii-U thread, it got trolled. Is everything going to be trolled that involves the U? I hope not. Trolling here and there can be fun, but not everything has to be trolled. I wish people would pick and choose more carfefully.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 9:13:35 PM PST
Good question, so far this is all I saw though I would think they would do a release for PC as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 9:11:15 PM PST
I like you as well and typically enjoy the back and forth but I'm getting to the point where I'm sick of posts just designed to get at people or dig on a system for stupid reasons. Each and every company out there has their short comings and areas where they shine. Posts that add literally nothing to a thread are just annoying, I don't care who is doing them they are annoying and pointless. This game has been on my radar for awhile now and the more people who get to play it the better I think. It's a new IP, looks great, and is bringing some pretty interesting concepts to the table beyond "SHOOT PEOPLE WITH BETTER GRAPHICS!!"

We get it, the Wii-U isn't as powerful and hasn't been selling well but who cares? Seriously I'm getting sick of the console wars, the obvious flaming, and other nonsense like that. We're all gamers and at the end of the day should be behind every system that promotes our favorite hobby.

And how am I being argumentative in the thread? I posted my thoughts, got a small kick out of Flores trying to say the holiday season is a 15 day window (when multiple others were agreeing with me), and that was about it.

Forgive me if not even an hour after the PS4 event I'm already sick of hearing about it and how much Nintendo sucks. Maybe I'm in a piss poor mood tonight, I dunno but this whole trolling business and hating on companies just to hate on them has gotten to the point of exhaustion. If you can't add constructive criticism (this goes for anyone) then shut the hell up and move on with your life. The world will be far better off without you (again this is anyone in general) spewing your stupidity all over the place because you're insecure with your purchase and must prove you made the right choice. This was fun when I was in grade school but adults still going at it like this makes me want to kill myself.

@ Typo

The Wii-U Gamepad has plenty of obvious functions for Watch Dogs and I hope Ubisoft puts them to good use. The main character from what we've seen is using a touch screen smart phone and it would be pretty cool to see the Gamepad used in a similar fashion or get a more in depth look at what he's doing on his phone via the Gamepad. If there was ever a third party title that could showcase what the Gamepad could bring to the table this is it.

Also am I the only one who noticed the homeless guy was an Iraqi war vet? I don't mean to come off as offended but I couldn't help but notice that was the only person the player seemed to focus on for more than a few seconds. Kind of bugged me since I served in the Iraqi war and all. It was just kind of a WTF moment for me since that was all he was labeled as while everyone else was labeled by their career, being a mother, or something like that. He's just a war vet who is homeless.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 9:10:44 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:35:48 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 9:08:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 9:08:13 PM PST
Supposedly Ubisoft is still going to release the game on Xbox 360/PS3/PS4/WiiU, so far as the company has been saying at this time.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:58:41 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:35:48 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:50:26 PM PST
This post seems like it was powered by numerous *circle snaps*, ''oh no you di'nts'', shadow high fives, and a few adjustments of your official forum typing gear, namely a bunchy leotard and over worn leg warmers.

Ya know what I'm sayin' gf?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:45:35 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
I'm replying to you since you replied to me, this will be my last post on this subject.

You see, even what you're doing now is a typical troll move. You do your "trolling" then someone, at some time gets angry and calls you out. You follow that by either apologizing and or making it about whomever called you out. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

The sad thing about this though, is that regardless of how long we go back and forth with this, (further derailing the thread) despite your "apologies" and your attempt to make me the villain, you'll go on to do it again. If not later in this thread, then you will in another.

So my advice to you sir, is drop it and go away. If you won't do that then either remain silent or contribute in a meaningful manner to the OP's thread.

That's all. I'm done.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:41:46 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:35:47 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:41:07 PM PST
This isn't about ME, it's about U.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:39:06 PM PST
I really like discussing Mass Effect, but I have no idea what it has to do with this thread.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:35:37 PM PST

Posted on Feb 20, 2013 8:33:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 8:34:33 PM PST
It's on every system, including PS3 and 360.

The PS4 version is basically Gun on Xbox 360. It may be improved in small ways.

Also, regarding the "gimped" debate, Was Epic Mickey 2 better on Wii U or Wii? I know, the game wasn't good anywhere is what someone saying something witty will say, but the Wii version was better than the Wii U version. Saying the PS4 version is better and the other versions are "gimped" is patently untrue at this point.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:31:32 PM PST
Great post, I don't know who downvoted you but this is spot on.

Watch Dogs on Wii U will be as fun as the other versions, possibly even more fun depending on how the gamepad figures into the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:31:28 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
You see, we came here to discuss a particular topic. Anyone NOT discussing that topic is an annoyance to those who are. If annoying someone for the sake OF annoying someone is fun to you then it is not I who has a problem here...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:27:47 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:23:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013 8:29:11 PM PST
Zen Kaizoku says:
That's just the way some people operate Keji. You can't force a baby to walk, can't force a child to think like an adult, can't teach maturity. All these things come in time or don't at all.

In the case of online threads, you have anonymous posters with a username just seeking to get a rise out of pissing you off. That is to say, you're playing their asinine game and getting strung along.

As for trolling? I absolutely hate the very idea of it. All trolling is nothing but an excuse to get away with being an A$$. No one really knows who's being serious and who's "trolling", because it's far too convenient. Which is why anytime someone "trolls" I immediately deem them non-credible on ALL of their future posts.

Humor and "trolling" are two entirely different things...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:18:34 PM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:17:04 PM PST
The gamepad shouldn't be discounted, even if the only use is for off screen gameplay. In a game like this though, the gamepad could be a really cool representation of the 'hacking phone' the protagonist seems to use.

While the ps4 looks like an awesome system, I can't imagine the U version won't hold its own.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:13:01 PM PST
Not really, just getting sick of threads being derailed with nonsense like this.

You were trolling and I called you on it. Instead of discussing the game, what the Wii-U could bring to the table with its version, and the new demo we saw today it became a pissing match over the PS4 and the announcement event. There's already a thread for that, did this really need to become that as well? No it didn't.

I'm more annoyed than anything else, I wanted to discuss the game and instead I'm doing this.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013 8:03:40 PM PST
N. Gay says:
well said
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  62
Initial post:  Feb 20, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions