Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Halo 4 :'D

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 52 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:41:12 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
i realized that the banshees are pretty useless in the campaign. every time i got in one, id die within 10 seconds. i couldnt get away from anybody in them

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:35:40 AM PST
Is it just me or *SPOILER ALERT*, does what was shown of Master Chief's face look like Clint Eastwood?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:28:54 AM PST
Benpachi says:
I just couldn't do it, I died there so many times. If I got in a banshee and tried to take out the others, I'd get sniped from the ground. If I tried to take out the ground forced, I'd get blown up by a banshee, lol. That does sound like a tough achievement, especially when you consider ammo, that was a pretty long chapter.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:22:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 7:23:04 AM PST
I know exactly what you mean. The first multiplayer match I had last night (and my first Halo multiplayer match in maybe a year) I came in first on my team. I am not that good, but when I got a hold of the needler, shit got real!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:19:01 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
yea, they are great in MP.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:18:42 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
it may be awhile before i get to that. that third mission was a pain. keeping a UNSC weapon or whatever they are called is pretty tough. pretty much cant die the whole mission (playing co-op atleast)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:17:48 AM PST
^This. ^_^

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 7:15:51 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
If the needler had endless ammo, i'd be one happy Chief.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:13:01 AM PST
Heroic is just challenging enough so far. The biggest problem is running out of ammo. I don't like using the alien weapons, but I do love the needler. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 6:44:56 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Same here. I got through the first two chapters on Heroic, had to bail at the end of the third, but if I can get through that part I'm sure I can handle the rest of the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 6:34:10 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
i am going to try and solo heroic. i missed a lot of the achievements for each level and want to try and get those

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 6:33:05 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
i did it coop with 2 friends. i dont think i could solo legendary. i am too impatient.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:57:44 AM PST
Benpachi says:
Nice, congrats, man. I had to switch to normal after awhile, but I want to go back to at least finish Heroic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:45:17 AM PST
I am playing through on Heroic. I was afraid Legendary might make it too much of a pain. I will probably do a Legendary play through next time around if there is an achievement for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:39:11 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
i finished (and started) the campaign yesterday. proud to say that this is the first time i did it on legendary. great game. i am loving the MP

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:36:25 AM PST
Awesome. I bet it was a fantastic night for you as well. ^_^

I miss lan parties. I think I should arrange one.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:34:29 AM PST
Funny thing is, I went to see Skyfall with friends before we had our co-op campaign lan party.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 5:30:19 AM PST
I came home Saturday night after watching the amazing Skyfall film to find that my wife had purchased Halo 4 Collectors Edition for me. Fantastic way to end the night. I have really enjoyed playing it. The story is intriguing so far and I can't wait to get farther to see where this is heading. The multiplayer is just like I remember, maybe better. Its a nice change of pace from the Call of Duty games. Its going to be hard focusing multiplayer on both Halo 4 and Black Ops II.

I hope my body can take it ~ Goku.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:28:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 7:50:17 AM PST
The scattershot's bullets could ricochet, the light riffle does 3 round bursts when fired from the hip and an even more powerful one round shot when zoomed, the suppressor deals higher damage up-close than the storm riffle and the assault riffle, the boltshot is capable of being a one-shot kill when charged....

EDIT: Ninja'd

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 5:10:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 5:31:37 AM PST
"Could be anyone, his passwords been out for a week now."

PS3IsTheFastestSellingSystemAndHasTheMostCriticallyAcclaimedLibraryWithFreeOnlineMultiplayetWhileXBLTakesFeaturesAwayYafdaYaddaYaddaFourScoreAndSevenYearsAgoWelcomeToTheJungleOMGMinervaMinkIsNekkid!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:44:35 AM PST
Pick 34 says:
There's no hate for the halo cannon, but the games leave a lot to be desired. I beat the game in six hours (normal) the librarian and dialect story featured in the terminals could have easily been a cutscene(s) to invest the player in the story of halo4. They also could have delved into chief a little more. Such as a brief history of his life similar fashion of the commercial while he was in cryo. It wouldn't have hurt anything, and the cutscenes could have been slippage for the short attention span theatre goers.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 12:26:42 AM PST
JinTX says:
Yeah I can't quite understand all the hate for Halo's story. Other shooters don't even HAVE a story, at least not one with any substance to it. Call of Duty? Uh... there's some military crap going on, kill everyone! Crysis? Uh.... I can't even remember if that game attempted a plot at all, kill everyone! Timesplitters? Uh.... so there's some aliens time travelling doing bad stuff, kill everyone! Gears of War? Uh.... aliens are invading, kill everything!

But Halo has a massive back history with the Forerunners having created humanity eons ago only to view humanity's evolution as a threat. The plotline of the librarian and the didact (which preceded the production of Halo 4 via fan fiction), the coercion of the covenant splinter faction by the prometheans, the threat posed by the flood to all biological life, the fact that humans have actually evolved a second time only to be approaching the same threat level (at least in the didact's eyes) as they did originally, tens of thousands of years ago... the list goes on.

Granted, a lot of this backstory and plot explanation takes place outside the game in the Halo novels and such, but if you REALLY want substance and to understand WHY the stuff is going on that is happening in Halo 4, you have to invest yourself in those novels. I've played TONS of shooters over the years. NONE of them have ever made me care even the tiniest fraction of a bit about the fates of the characters and the overarching theme and plotline of the story being told. Halo has become so much larger than a shooter.

But at the end of the day the developers understand that the vast majority of the shooter culture of gamers aren't going to maintain their attention for a 100-hour RPG length campaign to expand on all these stories. Even a 20-hour campaign would be pushing it. So they make the campaign a reasonable length to keep people's attention (hopefully), knowing that the die-hard fans have read the novels and will understand what's going on, and the rest of the people will probably just dive into multiplayer for a while and move on to the "next big thing" in a couple weeks or a month. You have the Twitter generation to thank for those ever-shortening attention spans.

The average shooter's campaign takes me maybe 4 to 5 hours to complete from start to finish, on my very first playthrough, usually on the hard or hardest difficulty (aka Veteran in CoD or Insane in Gears). Jumping into Halo 4 on Legendary on day 1 for my first playthrough took me around 10 or 11 hours to complete. It's plenty long enough if you don't blast through on easier difficulties where you can just run past everything without fighting.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:07:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 12:09:17 AM PST
Terminals... you want explanation there it is

edit: watch them on youtube waypoint on the xbox or waypoint on te web

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:07:24 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 11, 2012 9:07:28 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:01:43 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 11, 2012 9:01:57 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: What's your take on rape culture and feminism? 24 49 seconds ago
OT: Violin Chicks Playing Toxicity 6 4 minutes ago
PS4 vs. Xbox One -- An unbiased look at which games are currently available on each console 364 5 minutes ago
I don't give a f***!!!!!!!!!! A message to Bill Gates on Twitter 4 7 minutes ago
All I can say is I am a real and I dont give a f****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 104 8 minutes ago
The Crew closed beta for PC 24 19 minutes ago
Forgive me Sonymites, for I have sinned. 2 29 minutes ago
So this is for all the people who base value on color. 1 32 minutes ago
Sony doesn't understand security: Why PlayStation Network is such an attractive target for hackers 67 34 minutes ago
OT: Nine-year-old girl Kills Gun Instructor with Uzi 123 36 minutes ago
Games That Felt Like They Were Rushed and Incomplete 39 41 minutes ago
Destiny -- PlayStation Exclusive Content 0 46 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions