Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Looks like no one else is working today.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 41 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 24, 2012 6:33:28 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Except for Holli and I. Boo.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:35:41 AM PST
I am...and from 8-1030 is triple time with 1030-7 being double.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:37:29 AM PST
shiftless says:
I'm working also, although sadly it's not triple-time, but it's a living! <applause, cut to commercial>

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:40:07 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
No double time for me. I just get two hours off the normal time I'd be working and pay for it out of my surplus of vacation time.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:41:53 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I am still working today. I will be getting off 3 hours early at least.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:46:59 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Back in the old department I worked that was to be expected, in addition to the fact that calls would often be 45-50 minutes apart. Not really the case here on either front. We're lucky they're closing the phone lines at 4.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:47:25 AM PST
I'm at work in a very empty building. But oh joy of joys, the cafeteria is free today. Got me a sausage, egg, and cheese on an english muffin, an apple, and a OJ.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:49:53 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Oh dang, you lucky SOB. We still had to pay and they didn't have everything out. My bagel sandwich was just bagel and bacon.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:55:48 AM PST
Benpachi says:
I'm working. I was hoping to have a nice easy day, but with so many people out I have a ton of work to do today.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:56:14 AM PST
Oh man, I'm stuck in the office and ain't nothing free here except water that is colored to try to resemble coffee(it does a poor job). I'm here all day, straight time. I'm keeping ya'll company, at least until I get word that they're going to be calling it a day.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:57:44 AM PST
badeggsalad says:
I'm stuck at work until 1 pm EST. We're closing the phone lines at that point, thank goodness. Until then, I'm stuck here. My flight leaves at 4:00 pm, so I'll be hauling butt to the airport at that point. These dang reps better get off of my system in a timely manner today or I'm booting them off, phone calls finished or not. Ha.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 6:58:04 AM PST
Chris... says:
I'm here for the full 8 hour shift. I'll be listening to a lot of podcasts today. Wanted to ge some reading done but my boss is here. Oh well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:58:32 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
My boss told me we'd be paid for a full workday if we came for just four hours, but if we used a personal day today, we'd have to use an entire day. So...I'm here getting paid 2x my hourly wage. Happy Christmas Eve, errbody!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 6:59:50 AM PST
badeggsalad says:
Happy Christmas Eve!

That seems kind of goofy. But, eh. Looking forward to Christmas w/your wee one tomorrow? I bet she's at a really fun age for it now.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 7:00:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 24, 2012 7:00:54 AM PST
Prankster says:
I was at work today as well. Though I did leave early. Now at least you guys must be off tomorrow while I have to report for a 9 hour day. Though I will mostly work from home and finish my applications.

Also, a very Merry Christmas Eve to all of you! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:03:28 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Works for me! That's how we used to do it in my old department. Man, I miss those days.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:04:00 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Yeah, it's a national holiday over here

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 7:05:11 AM PST
I'm "working"... preoccupied with Memebase at the moment.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 7:06:43 AM PST
badeggsalad says:
I so badly want to fire up my Vita & play Persona 4 Golden. But there are juuuust enough people here for that to be not really doable.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:07:17 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
Wish Memebase weren't blocked at work. All of my stuff is going to be out of date after the week anyway, so at this stage I've pretty much given up on trying to keep up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:08:26 AM PST
GUEST!! says:
My first year in the department I was trapped at a desk that was far far away from everyone else in the department and I'd just gotten my Kindle. Spent the whole day reading.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:08:38 AM PST
Prankster says:
If I had a handheld, I wouldn't even be allowed to carry it inside my building since it would be classified as an external multimedia device. :(

I did however play the first episode of The Walking Dead on my iPhone. It plays and looks fantastic on that platform too!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:17:18 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Oh, definitely! I mean, she's still probably at the age where she'll be having more fun with ripping wrapping paper than being especially excited about what's underneath, but that's fun in its own way. :D

Posted on Dec 24, 2012 7:20:00 AM PST
I get off at 10pm :/

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2012 7:21:24 AM PST
badeggsalad says:
I could get away with my Kindle. Set it to auto-page turn & just leave it laying out next to me. I'm too fidgety for that though. I'm as useless as tits on a bull today.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa9481fe4)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  41
Initial post:  Dec 24, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions