Industrial-Sized Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now HTL
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Weekend Gaming Recap + Weekly Gaming Thread: The Power of Plus

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 105 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 4, 2013 5:24:34 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
What did ya play this weekend?

I beat Dead Space 3 in Hardcore mode and finally shelved this game for a while (for good maybe?). Then I beat God of War 1. I then jumped into Skyrim. I have a level 3 baby thief.

I'm going to be playing Skyrim for the foreseeable future, but I'm sure I'll put it on hold when I get Tomb Raider on Thursday.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 5:30:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2013 5:31:19 AM PST
meta Tron says:
I started Resonance of Fate. I wasn't feeling very well this past weekend, and trying to figure out how Resonance of Fate worked was just too much. So I shelved it in favor of Shadows of the Damned, which is lots of fun.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 5:31:39 AM PST
jtshiel says:
I put about 7 hours into Far Cry 3.
Loving this game.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 5:33:30 AM PST
Rons Mkay says:
I've been working on my first run of Dead Space 3, but got sidetracked after picking up Ni No Kuni. Polar opposites on the gaming spectrum, will probably jump back and forth depending on my mood at the moment.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 5:41:42 AM PST
FOGE says:
I beat New Super Mario Bros U, Captain America and Sleeping Dogs this weekend. Hard to believe I drove to Champaign for Unofficial St Patricks Day and still found the time to game. Also played some Blops 2, Halo 4, and started Vanquish.

This week I'll continue Vanquish and probably play some more Bioshock and MGS3 HD. I also want to get a little more time in Skyrim.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 5:42:44 AM PST
Dwayne Hicks says:
I just started Dead Space 3, Have been playing all the games First I finished the Dead Space 1 plat than replayed Ds2 and picked up some random trophies, than just started Ds3 last night I got through the first chapter and to my first crafting station which seems a little complicated at first, do they do any like tutorial on crafting? How do I know when the game has saved? I didnt see any save stations.

I played some Gears MP friday and sunday as well they were doing like 10x-xp this weekend and re-up'd for the 3rd time

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 5:48:23 AM PST
Played a ton of Mass Effect 3, I am at the part

where the reapers moved the citadel to the Sol system to protect it since it's the catalyst

**end spoilers**

Anyone know how much more I have left? Also, this is one of the best games I've ever played and I'm absolutely a moron for letting the negatives kill my desire. This is the GOTY 2012 and possibly the game of the gen.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 5:50:41 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
The game has an autosave feature, plus there is a Save and Quit option. Unfortunately the game only saves your progress at certain areas, so you may have to replay a small bit of what you already completed if you save in the "wrong" spot. A good tactic is to try to save when you just enter a new area, or at the beginning of a chapter.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 5:52:53 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
congrats. Ill open up DS3 again when the DLC is released.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 5:57:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2013 5:59:46 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Thanks. I did die once in Hardcore mode too. In Chapter 13, I statis'd the falling wall on the left side where the elevator swings back and forth and tried to sneak past it. As soon as I brushed it, I shattered into a million gory chunks and fell to my death. I quickly turned off the power button, but when I restarted, I was at 0.0% in Hardcore mode. I did the Cloud Save trick though and was able to pick up where I left off. I did a mad rush from Chapter 13 to the end of the game. I debated stopping so that I could update my cloud save just in case, but I played fast and loose however it paid off.

Retro mode, while cool for anyone who has played classic first person PC games, is a really lame reward for beating the hardest mode in the game. Devil Horns are by far the best reward that DS3 has to offer.

I thought you Gamefly'd it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 5:57:48 AM PST
FOGE says:
You are at the end. I think you have one mission left. Is Earth the only place you can travel to? Thats the last mission. Get ready for some WTFs.

BTW: Mass Effect is probably my favorite video game series ever :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 5:57:53 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
here is a little info:

When playing the game, save and quite option will only save your inventory.

the game autosaves like fox said but wont autosave during a side mission, only when you complete the side mission, it will save that it is completed.

The only tutorial on crafting is when you get to the first station but you can craft thing while in the main menue but i never used it. I think it saves your crafting so it will update within the game. Its just trial and error so apply the weapons mods and just play around until you have an upper attachment and'or lower attachment. (Or just play with the plasma cutter the whole game like i did and just modify it whenever you can)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 5:58:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2013 5:58:47 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
i did, just waiting for it to drop in price or get it from gamestop for a week.

sorry for the cunfusion.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 6:00:09 AM PST
Prankster says:
So you did beat God of War after all, huh?

I finished Alan Wake over the weekend. Great game. I will play The Signal DLC today and wrap it up and move onto a new game which I have not yet decided on.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 6:00:26 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
You're making Metal Gear angry.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 6:01:18 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I beat God of War before I posted that thread about how much I hate it, lol. I really blocked out a lot of that game because there were just so many annoying sections that I didn't remember from PS2 and the overall length of the game was a lot longer than I remembered.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 6:02:03 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
I finnally 1K Lollipop Chainsaw on Friday.

Boosting Aliens Vs Preditor MP for the last 2 achievements

Started Aliens CM on saturday and im about half way done on Badass Diff. Even with the bad reviews i had to play this game because i could not resist. I think that Aliens Vs Preditor looks and plays better but i do enjoy the customization in Aliens. Nothing complicated or hard without loosing the feel of being an Aliens game.

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 6:02:30 AM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
Played some Skyrim, Morrowind and MLB: The Show this weekend.

This week is all about new games with Tomb Raider and Sim City both on their way to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 6:02:37 AM PST
FOGE says:
Ha. Metal Gear was up there with GTA until Mass Effect. The gameplay in Metal Gear is not quite perfect whereas Mass Effect is just about perfect. At least in my humble opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 6:03:14 AM PST
Prankster says:
Ahhh, I see. I just gave up when I wasn't feeling it. I mean the last time I played it I wasn't even getting frustrated but once that feeling of enjoyment was lost, I saw no point in continuing.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 6:04:41 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I had to beat it, because it would have been taunting me if I stopped playing and went on to the next game, and I would have stopped playing the GoW collection all together because I wouldn't have beaten 1. It's all pretty much downhill from there though. Jaffe was just a prick when it came to game design.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 6:05:52 AM PST
jtshiel says:
That's awesome. You're about through with the main story like Foge said. I finished up ME3 last weekend. It is definitely the best game of 2012. It actually took me a while to get into another game because nothing was living up to the awesomeness of ME3.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 6:07:09 AM PST
Prankster says:
Haha, I felt a bid bad about it myself. I had bought the collection thinking I would enjoy them but when I didn't I still tried to power through for a while before I completely lost interest because I really wanted to play 3. I loved God of War 3 though. I don't know but maybe the great visuals worked for me and I actually cared about the environment and the atmosphere because the setting in this series plays a huge role, according to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 6:09:22 AM PST
I can agree with this. If Metal Gear had a little bit better gameplay it would be tough to beat. But there is nothing like experiencing the culmination of things that I have been experiencing from when I first picked up Mass Effect 1 in 2008. It's absolutely incredible how they manage to pull up such a sense of nostalgia, there have been a few tear jerking moments already.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 6:10:24 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I think that I'm going to lose that power and impact that everyone who was with the series from the beginning had because I have the trilogy and I can just go from one game to the next.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Goodbye Wi-Fi, Hello Li-Fi: New Wireless Technology Is 100 Times Faster 39 23 seconds ago
Microsoft Xbox One Special / Limited Edition Controllers: Lunar White, Forza Motorsport 6, Halo 5 & More $39.99 + Free Shipping 7 13 minutes ago
OT: What Are You Listening To-2015 Version! 1006 16 minutes ago
SW Battlefront: 40 player Turning Point mode coming for free with Battle of Jakku DLC 20 28 minutes ago
Weekly worldwide hardware sales plus US software 14 Nov- Fallout 4 launch week - Rise of the TR bombs. 119 1 hour ago
They Wanted to Pay Me to Promote "Piece of Sh*t" Star Wars Battlefront, Singer Says 59 1 hour ago
Batman: Arkham Knight - Premium Edition (PS4 Digital Code - Amazon) $16.94 8 1 hour ago
My game Space Bloxxer is now on Amazon Underground! 25 1 hour ago
Uzi's Thanksgiving 1 1 hour ago
Xbox Elite controller IN STOCK at gamestop 16 2 hours ago
11/23-27/15 Weekly Gaming and Weekend Recap: Bruce Willis is Luke's Father, Rosebud, and Tyler Durden Had the Power to Go Home All Along <=Warning, Spoilers 152 2 hours ago
Star Wars: Battlefront Runs At 900p Resolution on PS4, 720p on Xbox One 123 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  105
Initial post:  Mar 4, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 6, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions