Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Best Buy Trade In

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 9:33:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 9:40:32 AM PST
On Best Buy's website they claim you can trade in your 3DS for $100 towards a Wii U. Would they just give you a gift card if they don't currently have the Wii U in stock? I was considering doing this since I have a 3DS that my wife never plays and has multiple games with it but I don't want to lug around a 3DS all the time to check if they have stock. Anybody have any idea how many times Best Buy get shipments in a week?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:40:47 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 19, 2012 9:41:01 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:48:22 AM PST
WesCyde says:
Not sure if you would get a gift card if the deal is suppose to be towards something specific. Trading in games i got a gift card, maybe they gave you something that when it is in stock its only usable for a wii u purchase. I would call and ask before hand if it was me how that will work out

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:50:39 AM PST
Just sell it on ebazzle, it's less work, and more money.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:50:44 AM PST
Gamestop says:
It's a credit towards the system only and not a gift card.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:53:57 AM PST
So in if the store doesn't have the system in stock which currently they won't for a bit, you would have to wait until it comes in stock to do the exchange?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 9:57:06 AM PST
Gamestop says:
No, it's kind of like a pre-order. You get a receipt with a wii u on order with a 100 credit.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 10:06:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 10:07:07 AM PST
Cool thanks but now do I have to come in and pick one up when they come in or will I be notified of when it comes in?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions