Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: The Walking Dead Discussion (TV show only, NO COMIC SPOILERS)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 14, 2012 7:38:44 AM PDT
Pick 34 says:
I think Hershel goes down with the farm, probably his younger daughter, and maggie will be torn about staying with her family or going with Glenn (who is an idiot). I just think it's funny how humanity is outnumbered thousands to one and everyone just wonders about the farm like it's little house on the prarie. Then Dale dies and "oh crap now we better do perimeter checks, worry about boarding up the windows, check the fences...ect.

And if you know that walkers are attracted by gunshots and follow them for miles, then why not go to the total opposite end of the county, fire shots off, and draw them away from the farm. It seems like a remote area and you wouldn't run the risk of attracting more zombies.

And was herschels family bitten? Maybe that's why he thought there was a cure.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 7:46:41 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Straight from TWD wiki...

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Zombies

The zombies are the classic slow walking Romero style zombies, which originated in Night of the Living Dead. Following classic Romero-rules, everyone who dies, for any reason, will re-animate as a zombie except if the brain is damaged/destroyed. Even someone killed by a gunshot wound with no zombies involved at all will re-animate as a zombie. Zombie bites are not how the "infection" is spread. Instead, zombie bites and saliva cause infections that are 100% lethal. Characters have speculated, but cannot confirm, that whatever causes zombies to re-animate is some sort of virus that everyone in the world is technically infected with but is only triggered by death. It is known, however, that upon death, it can take anytime between three minutes and eight hours for the corpse to reanimate

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 8:09:28 AM PDT
Amazon Ninja says:
Well M. Squires I dont want to make peole mad by posting a spoiler here so I cant confirm or argue any of your statements.
But I can say this just because the tv show is based on the comic doesnt mean that the same rules apply, so that means you might be right.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 10:25:19 AM PDT
M. Squires says:
@GK Mr Bane,

I wasn't trying to imply that I know anything; I was just giving an opinion that seems to be the general consensus of the tv show fans. I haven't read the comics, so I'm only speculating based on what they've shown us. I'd rather not know the story ahead of time; the surprises of this show are what make it even more epic. I don't think they'll follow the comics exactly, but the major plot premise could be similar if not the same. I didn't read Kin-foot's post because it looks like a spoiler to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2012 10:28:10 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
It's not really spoiler. Pretty much everyone seems to agree how zombies happen on TWD. That's all it talks about.

Besides, I could give everything away from the comic. From what I've seen it shouldn't spoil much. I was just as surprised about Dale and Sophia as everyone else.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 2:23:54 PM PDT
@user22
I am just making speculation, I do not see how they could take it a 4th season. Maybe new "survivors" or something? I have a feeling next season we will figure out what caused all this, and either everything will go to **** and the remaining die, or they find a cure, or at least a safe haven.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 15, 2012 12:35:17 AM PDT
The thing about this show is there is no safe haven, or cure. It's about the end of the world and these people living in it. Or at least, that's what I get out of the comics and show. They won't all die, and if they stick to the comics in the least, there is so much stuff they can do with the show to keep it going beyond 4 seasons. Possibly 6 seasons and a movie, at least.

The whole world has gone to "****" already, and this is the story of a group of survivors in this world.

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 3:33:24 PM PDT
I realize they CAN go further, if they wanted to. But it seems to me that they WONT, I just really don't see it happening.

Posted on Mar 18, 2012 8:39:39 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:27:40 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 8:46:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2012 8:47:38 PM PDT
DVvM says:
"But the thing that stood out the most (and I imagine it did with many) is the hooded guy in the woods who saved Andrea."

I don't mean to spoil anything from the comics (having read the entire series up to date means that very little the show does surprises me), but I do have to point out that there is a factual error in the quoted line. I'll let you figure out what it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2012 8:50:46 PM PDT

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 6:28:25 AM PDT

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 6:34:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2012 6:36:42 AM PDT
SMH says:
I'm finally back in on this show. The last two episodes brought me back around. I'm still kind of mad that Shane is dead, but since Risk is going through a bit of transformation I think I will like him better now. And obviously like everyone else I'm intrigued by the new superhero looking chick.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 6:35:59 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
I just bought this a few minutes ago!

The Walking Dead: Compendium One

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 6:41:41 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 6:42:41 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Oh, I haven't read the comics, but it was definitely a female under that hood. Could tell just from her figure.

I must say, I haven't been a fan of Andrea this season as Shane and her have had their crappy little tag team, but I definitely felt sympathetic for her last night. She put herself in harms way to save Carol only to get left behind by the group. :( At least now she has a new katana-wielding, zombie-pet-having buddy.

As far as Rick goes, I'm definitely glad that he's sort of "putting his foot down", though the tone of his speech was a bit too tyrannical. Maybe dial it back a bit, Rick, ha. But yeah, when they're getting spooked by broken twigs and wanting to just get up and leave in the middle of the night, it's time to smack 'em down with a good ol' "this is not a democracy" speech.

And I'm guessing that building was a prison? It looked like a prison to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 6:50:46 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
Yeah I just wanted to save some cash and get as much as possible in one chunk. I think Volumes 1-8 = Books 1-4 = Issue 1-48.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 6:53:07 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, I'll be going the Compendium route as well someday. Someday...

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 6:54:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2012 6:55:40 AM PDT
JJ4prez says:
Great episode last night, so glad Rick finally stepped up and shut everyone up. "This is no longer a democracy."

Also glad Darrel is behind rick.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 7:01:32 AM PDT

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 7:05:00 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:27:41 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 7:06:19 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
That character is definitely the most "comic book-y" thing in the series so far.

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 9:59:20 AM PDT
user22 says:
I was about to fall off the edge of my seat during that whole episode last night! I went into this uncontrollable fervor of simultaneously yelling angrily and pleading desperately at the TV. Especially during the scene with Carol and Andrea. I knew Andrea would make it, but for a second there I really thought Carol was about to die.

And Glenn finally told Maggie he loves her. I was wondering how that was going to come about. I'm glad he waited until the chaos was over and they were safe. I was hoping he wouldn't say it in the midst of the attack and have it come off as a lame last minute "in case we die..." kind of thing. It was kind of sweet how he said it and it immediately comforted her. She wasn't sure if her family got away alright, but Glenn assured her that she still had him, so that gave her hope.

Rick's transformation is scaring the crap out of me though. It's like he absorbed part of Shane. In the scene when he started confessing to Lori I swear his voice, accent and mannerisms started coming out as if Shane was speaking through him. Andrew Lincoln is a frickin' amazing actor! Instead of Rick confessing, there is a moment where it felt more like Shane was telling Lori that Rick killed him and that he was okay with it because he just wanted it all to end...that was hella eerie to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 10:15:35 AM PDT
Soulshine says:
Andrew Lincoln is really good in the show - I was shocked to find out he was British.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 19, 2012 10:19:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 19, 2012 10:20:06 AM PDT
Kirksplosion says:
I'm always impressed by non-native actors/actresses perfectly pulling off the American accent. Hugh Laurie comes to mind. John Noble and Anna Torv from Fringe do a great job as well. And doesn't Nicole Kidman have a strong Austrailian accent?
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 90 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  138
Total posts:  2236
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 25, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions