Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Anyone have PSN issues since the new Layout was released?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 55 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:30:26 PM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I'm saving it for a special occasion, Unfinished Swan day.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:31:48 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
I've had more issues the more I've used it. I thought the initial loading for the thing just took awhile as it maybe was installing something, but, no, it takes a good bit of time to start up every single time. Most pages load quickly, but sometimes I'll click on a section and nothing loads; it just sits there until I back out and click on it again. Also, I don't like that you have to go through the full check-out process just to download free stuff now.

Those are my main issues. I haven't had it freeze on me. The overall layout I'm okay with, I like the new filters, and the way each game has its own "page" is nice. I also like how the video and game stores are more integrated now.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 1:39:46 PM PST
Prankster says:
I've had it freeze on me once and my PS3 switched off then. Another time it froze but resumed after a while. I am not finding it all that user friendly anymore. I wish they'd go back to the old layout but that's not going to happen, so cheers to wishful thinking.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:44:46 PM PST
D_Strasse says:
Haven't had 2 happen and 3 is just a timing issue - a couple weeks doesn't exactly mean much.

As for issues, yeah:

*Completely agree with point 1
*I hate the new layout for finding stuff
*Sometimes the whole store just hangs and I have to quit and restart it. (Just the store, not the system.)

Looks pretty, but functionally I like the old store better.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:45:25 PM PST
D_Strasse says:
Exactly.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 1:48:03 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Yeah, they sacrificed some function for form with this update. Not greatly so, but enough to be a nuisance.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 2:01:56 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
It worked just fine for me yesterday, and I played QC for about an hour today. Pretty fun game, btw.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:19:52 PM PST
WeScYdE says:
I def agree about having to do a checkout process even just for a demo is RIDICULOUS, However every game i ever downloaded from PS+ was still there for me i just got a new HDD installed and re=downloaded games they don't even offer anymore for someone that had mentioned that.

Its really not smooth at all with all these little issue hopefully they will work them out in the next month or two.

I am also now having an issue DL quantum Conundrum it wont download the game unlock 6kb so i am trying to download the demo first and then that hopefully it will work

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:27:59 PM PST
Technosapien says:
I've had some issues. The store froze on me once, and it wouldn't let me buy Portal 2 the other day. It would give me an error message when I tried to checkout.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 3:31:59 PM PST
Peter Faden says:
The game unlock only unlocks the demo, giving you the whole game. That has always been the case. Quite a few PSN games are and have been that way for as long as I can remember.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 3:32:31 PM PST
Kirksplosion says:
Oh yeah, and it tried to charge me for Quantum Conundrum even though I'm a PS Plus member. Was at the final moment where it was asking me for $14.99 in funds, when I backed out, kicked it out of the cart, and redid it, it showed up as $0.00. Same thing happened to a friend of mine with Resident Evil 5.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 5:36:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:37:26 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
Yah I understand how it works however when i was downloading them both together it would error code trying to download the game unlock code. So i downloaded the Demo first which is the whole game really and it stopped twice then i did it in the background and it stopped i paused and resumed it and it worked fine. Then i went back and downloaded the unlock and it had no issues. The game was showing trial but once i opened it to play it changed to the whole game pretty quickly.

I am seeing that if you pick any kind of add on for a game once you are at the page for the add on if you go to the game page which is accessible usually on the far right then you can access all add ons much quicker. Its basically like how they had it setup by games just one more step that is very uneccessary IMO but it helps when you are looking for something specific for that game and you do not want to look all over for it

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:29:25 AM PST
Mel says:
PS3 can't handle metro

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 6:56:30 AM PST
I saw that it was about to charge me for Quantum Conundrum but I didn't bother to retry.

It is loading up slow for me and occasionally freezing. I do prefer the old layout though

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:14:40 AM PST
prsmooth says:
Anyone having problems downloading content from PSN today?

I keep getting an "error occured" message when I tried downloading some PS3 add-ons and psp games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:20:01 AM PST
WeScYdE says:
Thats been frequent for me,I have noticed if you download to the background quickly if it starts to DL is the best option. If it stops just pause and resume and that has helped me. But some stuff is just going straight to error. They need to fix this crap quickly

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:22:51 AM PST
ALOT slower for me!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:24:18 AM PST
Kirksplosion says:
The alot is swift like a gazelle!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:26:55 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Haha - the mispelling that just keeps giving.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:28:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 7:42:27 AM PST
prsmooth says:
For me, its going straight to error. Its not even giving me an option. It just shows the loading bars on the screen and then the "error has occurred" message.

Its pissing me off a bit now after several attempts. Arrrgghhh!

I am going to leave it alone for now and try again later.

I am also with the folks that don't like the new interface. It's more cumbersome to get to what I am looking for.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:38:53 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I had my first problem last night. I was unable to find the DLC for Nier. The search didn't even pull up Nier as a result, however accessing DLC from the in-game menu worked and pulled it up.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:23:04 AM PST
Solid Sponge says:
Yes, the new PSN store takes forever to load. It also is harder to find the content that I want, and switching from item to item is sluggish. Kinda like when frame rates drop. So overall I am very disappointed in the new PSN layout. I just got my PS3 back in August, and I just got used to the previous layout. I liked it much more than the Xbox's layout and I felt it was easier to navigate.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 3:01:42 AM PST
OMG! I'm so embarassed! Not.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2012 3:06:06 AM PST
You know the funny part is you misspelled misspelling. That's awesome.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 4:57:24 AM PST
Phranctoast says:
I preferred the old layout buy maybe I just need to get more used to the new.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  55
Initial post:  Nov 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions