Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Top 10 Reasons to buy a Wii-U

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 68 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:13:47 PM PST
Why wait? You will just end up spending the same money on your Wii U in the future, yet have less time with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:53:35 PM PST
Ryan says:
I'm not in a hurry to get a Wii U anyway. It's not going away into obscurity anytime soon (as far as I can see anyway) so there's really nothing to really worry about right now. Also since I'm not having that much cash on me right now, I'm pretty sure it'll get discounted by a small amount somewhere sometime next year.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 9:46:18 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 22, 2013 5:33:54 PM PDT]

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:32:20 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 11:43:23 PM PST
Donkey Punch says:
Nope

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 5:36:59 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I like my Top 10 reasons for not buying a Wii U right now.

1. No killer Apps <kicks rocks>
2. No Gamez, <kicks rocks>
3. No DEFINITIVEs <kicks rocks>
4. No Dual GamePad support < your kids kick rocks... or each other over it>
5. Too expensive for last gen power, sad storage offerings
6. 3rd party games are year old ports available for $10
7. Best games of 2012 or 2013 are not coming to the Wii U
8. Launch software/OS woes, not all features fully implemented
9. Wait for Games
10. Wait for DEFINITIVES

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 6:19:46 AM PST
elect Tron says:
I guarantee you Wii U will drop in price. Especially if the next consoles from Microsoft and Sony are aggressively priced.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 6:36:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 6:42:58 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Sad storage options? How so? External hard drives work flawlessly, I run everything off a 150 gb external I had laying around. I do agree the game lineup is weak at the moment. Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter and Rayman are still a bit off. I do find it curious you complained about the price while expressing interest in dual Gamepads, that seems a bit contradictive? The ports thus far have been sad. :)

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:37:39 AM PST
Homer McDuff says:
Mayo - the majority of those things are expected to be resolved pretty quickly. Can we presume you will buy and support the Wii U in a few months, if most (except arguably 7) are resolved? A few of those points are greatly exaggerated; the Wii U has the biggest launch lineup other than PS2. It already has several exclusives that generally draw reviews in the 85-90%+ range: Nintendoland and NSMBU; plus (from the estore) Trine 2 Director's Cut, Nano Assault Neo, and Mighty Switch Force.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 12:21:41 AM PST
Nicos says:
Wow. This list just reeks of a fanboi desperately trying to justify his purchase. Besides, all you need it point 1. Nintendo franchises. You know, the reason you actually buy a Nintendo console.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 6:47:56 AM PST
AmmmY says:
The only real reasons I needed to buy one was that it was new and i want all three newest systems at all times and I like Mario games. Didnt need another reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:18:14 PM PST
The Wii didn't drop in price for 3 years. What makes you think the superior Wii U will?

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:29:34 PM PST
HorizonBrave says:
I just hope they announce a new 3D Zelda soon, and it'd better be a dark tone one, no more SS/WW cartoony stuff, specially on a more powerful machine capable of better shadows and dark shades.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2012 8:35:24 PM PST
why? I loved the art style in SS. How does making it darker make it more fun? It doesn't. I don't play a game for the shadows.

I'd rather they not announce it soon. The longer it takes for this game, the better the game will be.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 4:04:36 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
Demand could very well do that. Look at the 3DS.

To be honest, some $50 Gift card promo from retailers would be just as useful. That seems to be the trend these days over official cuts.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:00:47 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Because the last games (not including TP) have all been colorful and cartoony.
I must not be the only one thinking something like Majora's Mask would look gorgeous on current gen specs.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:13:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 6:18:07 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
10) could be a cool feature, but since I can't see the video, why can't MS or Sony implement it on their next systems?

9) So the gamepad is really cool remote?

8) And when more people start using it you'll get more immature kids and such acting like d-bags on it just like the other systems right?

7) Kinda early to make that statement.

6) So only Nintendo does Multiplayer or party games?

5) Perhaps, but who gets the gamepad?

4) I guess this could be a factor for some people.

3) So not having major IPs is a selling factor? And also, you can't find kid friendly fare on the other systems?

2) Shouldn't we wait to see how it's actually implemented in more games?

1) Honestly, I think it's all right here. Want to play the new Mario and Zelda titles? Buy the Wii U, otherwise, if they aren't a major factor in gaming for you (and they most definitely are for a lot of people), I'd wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:15:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 19, 2012 6:17:34 AM PST
Lucanus says:
Competition. Nintendo might be aggressive and drop the price when the ps4/720 hit, just because they can. Nintendo turns a profit with every U sold with game. Most people are going to buy a console and a game. Production costs will drop over the years. It actually might be a smart move to let MS/Sony launch at $500, then hit the Deluxe to $300. Just a thought. Who knows what Nintendo has up their sleeve. :)

"1) Honestly, I think it's all right here. Want to play the new Mario and Zelda titles? Buy the Wii U, otherwise, if they aren't a major factor in gaming for you (and they most definitely are for a lot of people), I'd wait."

Absolutely agree 100%. Buy Nintendo hardware for the sole purpose of Nintendo software. If you won't want Nintendo software, avoid Nintendo like the plague. It really is that straight forward. Excellent point Strasse. Happy holidays. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:16:38 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Shhh, your stirring the pot.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:20:04 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
The problem is Link is already bordering on looking like Tinkerbell. And there is no reason for it, Zelda is not as popular with todays younger gamers as it is with legacy fans of the IP, i would like it to mature a little to reflect the times...Not asking for it to look like Gears or Final Fantasy either...but there is lots of directions you can go with Fantasy...and what better IP to make wonderful use of some higher production values now that its not handcuffed to 12yr old hardware?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:20:51 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
Thanks.

And like I said, I get that a LOT of people have a deep affection for Nintendo franchise games and a large part of the gaming experience for them. These people should get a Wii U. For people that aren't so attached to these franchises, I really think waiting is the best course for now, and that's not to say I think they should never get one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:23:26 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
Yeah, same thoughts too. I just hope the folks at Nintendo realize how Zelda cannot sustain itself with a childish style. SS has sold less copies than TP in the same time period, even when the Wii install base was much higher than before.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:23:47 AM PST
Honestly I was mad at Nintendo with the artwork behind WW and SS, but completely loved them. Either way the next zelda on both systems will be amazing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:24:10 AM PST
Lucanus says:
If I didn't want to play Mario, Zelda and Metroid I wouldn't give a Nintendo console a first look, muchless a second. Not being a huge Nintendo fan and buying a U would be like hating Apple operating systems and buying an iMac. It just doesn't make sense.

As for Zelda, I love SS and WW, but I hope the next Zelda is a bit darker like Twilight. Not sure why, I just want somethign darker. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 6:29:54 AM PST
D_Strasse says:
There are people in the middle ground, people who like the Nintendo franchises but don't need them NAO, guys like me.

I'll give the Wii U that second look when the library fills out (assuming it does) and see what's going on with the system then.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
OT: Cable Cutters- Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV... other? 40 3 minutes ago
OT: My Fame: An Update 13 7 minutes ago
The Death Penalty - Yay or Nay? 20 12 minutes ago
"Oculus Rift is an overwhelming disappointment" says Digital Trends review 8 19 minutes ago
Overwatch discussion thread 1449 21 minutes ago
Xbox One S Is Not 40% Smaller. Microsoft Caught In A Lie And More False Advertising. 28 26 minutes ago
Steam sale: Whadya bouyin'? 96 26 minutes ago
Microsoft cheats buyers of 500GB & 1TB Slim models: vertical stand not included! 10 28 minutes ago
I just realized Microsoft's goal all along 2 44 minutes ago
Weekend gaming 06/24 - 06/26: Obama criticisizes publication of top fast food in conjunction with E3 conference. "We already have an obesity epidemic, the last thing I need is Phil Spencer encouraging people to shovel down Chick Fil A waffle fries." 62 59 minutes ago
Microsoft and their console 24 1 hour ago
Free game, Xbox 1 users 4 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  30
Total posts:  68
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions