Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Fact: PS3 fans are the worst

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 189 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 20, 2009 6:58:15 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 24, 2009 2:20:15 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 6:58:20 PM PDT
OregonBay says:
RMS is on this thread??? I didn't notice... meh...

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 9:42:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2009 9:54:27 PM PDT
Wow did they get paid to do this, or was it some kind of school project or something? Or do they just enjoy writing about something that they despise? Just to let you know, when your biggest follower is someone who says DEM and HAWWW, maybe this is the wrong platform for you to write something that long. After playing Halo online for about five minutes I noticed that everyone talking online sounded like they were 13. So I bet they all have jobs and bought their own right?

P.S. World of Warcraft isn't on the PS3, they are the worst.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 9:49:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2009 10:13:36 PM PDT
M. says:
For the last time I didnt write it. Someone at Destructiod did. Ive said a million times PS3 fans are the most delusional, jaded, bitter fanboys alive and people say Im just being a fanboy. Here you have a non-biased person who deals with each every single day backing my claims. Just proving a point.

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 9:49:53 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 24, 2009 2:20:16 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 9:52:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Sep 24, 2009 2:21:13 PM PDT]

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 10:06:54 PM PDT
Sorry M., I edited my post; but when you post an article on here it is basically your viewpoint or you wouldn't be posting it. If you are so bothered by fanboys, why go out of your way to entice them? This is just the internet after all, its not like Sony fans are knocking on your door and harrasing you. Being called cowardly or something of that sort on the internet has about as much bearing as anything a politician would say when election time is coming. Unless you are getting money from Microsoft, why does it matter if someone is a fanboy of another system?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 10:13:06 PM PDT
M. says:
Im just trying to figure out why there are an abundance of PS3 fans on the net when they are technically in the minority according to console sales.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 10:18:52 PM PDT
OregonBay says:
Karpov, M's just jealous because he still can't afford a PS3, even after the price cut. So what's a guy to do? Bash it, post anti-PS3 rhetoric, and attack anyone who has one.

I just hope Santa finally answers his letters this year and brings him a Slim, so I don't have to continually read these super long articles written with religious vigor that he conjures up.

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 10:22:24 PM PDT
this was ridiculous and i giggled at your needless stupidity.

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 10:31:00 PM PDT
Josh says:
@ "For the last time I didnt write it. Someone at Destructiod did. Ive said a million times PS3 fans are the most delusional, jaded, bitter fanboys alive and people say Im just being a fanboy. Here you have a non-biased person who deals with each every single day backing my claims. Just proving a point."

FWIW, if you actually read destructoid every day, you'd know that the author of this article (Jim), is by far one of the most anti-Sony "professional" writers on the site, if not the net. I've seen him bash Sony so many times, for things that really only someone who has some kind of grudge against the company would do. He has been a little nicer to Sony lately, but for every nice thing he says about Sony, he'll say 10 nasty things about them. Hardly a non-biased writer...almost as far as you can get from it actually.

Its no secret though that no matter where you go, there will always be loud mouths backing up their console of choice, be in xbox, wii, playstation, pc, etc....it doesn't matter. Honestly, who cares. Play the system you like, let others play what they like, and get over it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 10:32:25 PM PDT
Well, there is going to be an abundance of dumb whenever people get to post their own opinion. If you are in your twenties, look back to when you were ten and remember looking at the newspaper. It was your sense of information, newscasters wern't biased or just characters. Now since the dawn of the internet everyone has an opinion and you have to scan through pages of b.s. just to find the real story.
Fanboys of any type are annoying, breaking down something as the worst is just a degree of seperation isn't it? Choosing to ignore squeaky wheels will allow you to find an interesting conversation with a fan of a different system.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 10:35:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2009 10:36:50 PM PDT
M. says:
Take a look at this...

Amazon PS3 forum-917 discussions
http://www.amazon.com/tag/playstation%203/ref=tag_ybc_ycc_itdp

Amazon 360 Forums-515 discussions
http://www.amazon.com/tag/xbox%20360/ref=tag_ybc_ycc_itdp

Gametrailers Forums
http://forums.gametrailers.com/

PS3 Forums-46,861 discussions
360 Forums- 21,759 Discussions

Gamespot Forums
http://www.gamespot.com/forums/index.html

PS3 Forums- 1,842,780 discussions
360 Forums- 1,790,782 discussions

Now looking at those numbers there is no denying there are more PS3 fans on every big videogame forum on the net. So why does a console that has the least amount of sales/fans have more fanboys then any other console? I think that answer is very clear- See original post.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 11:17:37 PM PDT
Are you posivtive that all of them are fanboys or just having discussions about their systems? Did you talk to them individually? Is there any proof that people aren't just creating different accounts? Are all of these discussions insulting other systems or trying to bash another system? Are you counting Japan in your sales figures?
Please don't give me any kind of source material from a video game website either in terms of sales figures. All that they do is cancel each other out as well.

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 11:25:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2009 11:34:44 PM PDT
PS3 Forums- 1,842,780 discussions
360 Forums- 1,790,782 discussions

1,842,780-1,790,782=51,998
51,998/1,842,780=.028
51,998/1,790782=.029
Not really that big of a difference if you ask me.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 11:37:40 PM PDT
M. says:
Worldwide the 360 has 8 million more consoles sold then the PS3, yet based on the links I posted there is undeniably more PS3 fans on the internet. Dont you think thats a little strange? In every videogame website on the net there is an abundance of PS3 fans in forums spouting false information about both the 360 and the PS3 (amount of games, game scores, sales, ect.ect.) to try to lure unsuspecting readers into buying the PS3. Dont you think thats a little wrong? It just annoys me to see this, and it annoys me more that everybody pretends it doesnt happen, like youre doing now.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 11:46:40 PM PDT
I say that if you fall for something that one or one thousand people tell you on the internet, it is your fault. If you believe that Sony is sending out a newsletter or something or trying to brainwash its fans to try and up their sales then maybe its subliminal messaging or something? Maybe Sony is operated by Nazi funding to further their evil plans, maybe there is a purple smurf in my closet with a knife waiting for me to fall asleep.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 11:51:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2009 11:55:27 PM PDT
LtShinySides says:
Provide me proof that the increased number of discussions is directly correlated to a larger number of distinct PS3 fans. Then provide proof that the number of threads that "[spout] false information" as you say constitutes a majority of the PS3 posts. Then do the same for the Xbox threads.

THEN you can confidently state what you've already said. Otherwise, you're just a failure at logic.

A logical derivation from that data is that the individuals posting in the PS3 forums are more active online than their 360 counterparts. You can't really state otherwise without making baseless claims.

Edit: M, honestly, tell me how it affects YOU that Sony fanboys exist? The 360 is doing very well. Live is certainly not hurting for users and I'm sure you've got plenty of people with whom you can play online. Why on earth does it matter if fanboys want to be obnoxious?

Posted on Sep 20, 2009 11:52:27 PM PDT
>>M Says:
Worldwide the 360 has 8 million more consoles sold then the PS3,<<<

Um, not if you factor in multiple purchases by the same individuals due to hardware failures.
I could look for threads, polls, articles, you name it, of people going through 3, 4, 5 or more 360s.
But I won't

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 11:56:16 PM PDT
LtShinySides says:
Most of those people didn't buy a new console.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2009 11:56:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 12:11:37 AM PDT
M. says:
"Provide me proof that the increased number of discussions is directly correlated to a larger number of distinct PS3 fans."

C'mon dude, dont be stupid. Based on the fact that PS3 forums on every website on the net get more action is proof of more fans on the net, thats just common sense. And there are undeniably more 360's sold.

"Um, not if you factor in multiple purchases by the same individuals due to hardware failures."

Why would people that have free warranties buy another console? This is that false information thing I was talking about.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 12:15:37 AM PDT
LtShinySides says:
The Wii Forum has 1023 discussions in it. This is clear and absolute proof that it is in fact Nintendo fanboys with the largest presence on the net.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 12:25:21 AM PDT
I always found it funny that Microsoft reported a net income of 17.618 billion last year. 60.42 billion in revenue, and made close to 11 billion just on the 360 last year. Yet they still want to charge people for online gaming, sounds fair right? They sold 30 million 360's last year, so it seems that the love you give them isn't returned back to you, kinda one-sided right.
http://www.electronista.com/articles/09/05/28/over.30m.xbox.360s.sold/
http://www.microsoft.com/msft/earnings/FY08/earn_rel_q4_08.mspx

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 12:34:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2009 12:48:51 AM PDT
M. says:
"The Wii Forum has 1023 discussions in it. This is clear and absolute proof that it is in fact Nintendo fanboys with the largest presence on the net."

Thats your argument? That would kind of make sense that the Wii forums are most populated wouldnt it? Since it is the most popular console with the most sold. Go check the other forums I posted like GT and Gamespot. Wii forums are the least populated by FAR, leading me to believe there are not that many on those websites. Go ahead, check it. There goes your argument. Face it, PS3 fans know they are losing the console war and are so insecure about the fact they are in last place that in effort to get more PS3's sold they troll forums all day to try and fool unsuspecting readers with false claims, then pretend like it doesnt happen, its pathetic. Making them the worst fanboys on the net.

Karpov- Im trying to figure out what the hell that has to do with anything. Ill respond when you come up with some valid argument.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2009 12:40:36 AM PDT
Well, since the Xbox is selling so much better than the PS3, why does Microsoft continue to charge you for something that a struggling company gives you for free? Is it because they need the money?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Steam Winter Sale 2014 Thread 186 34 seconds ago
OT: my grandma what big bewbs you have! The better to motorboat you with my dear. 8690 1 minute ago
On Dec 31st i will take a year haitus from here or maybe never come back 41 3 minutes ago
Some PS Vita games for $5 each at Best Buy 4 7 minutes ago
I am a big PS fan but where does it end Sony?PS4 20th Anniversary Edition Console Contest Plagued by Cheaters, Prompting Official Sony Response 18 11 minutes ago
Why the Xbox One Sucks 16 13 minutes ago
Winter Sale haul 27 13 minutes ago
OT: How Star Wars Ruined Star Trek - 9gn.com 0 14 minutes ago
Destiny PS4 VGF Clan 6603 35 minutes ago
Weekend Gaming 12/19-12/21 63 39 minutes ago
Steam Holiday trading card thread. 2 1 hour ago
Heads up on some potentially rare PS4 games 52 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  189
Initial post:  Sep 20, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions