OT: Hard to swallow: Bloomberg bans food donations to homeless shelters

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 82 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 9:01:55 AM PST
Horowitz says:
Like beer and cigarettes.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:54:59 AM PST
On the other hand......

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Rachael Ray is donating $500,000 to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals to help pets and families who are struggling to rebound from Superstorm Sandy.

The Emmy-winning chef said Friday that her pet food brand, Nutrish, is also shipping 4 tons of wet and dry dog food for Sandy animals, and her Yum-o! organization is donating $100,000 to City Harvest and the Food Bank for New York City.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:36:42 AM PST
Most people in government are, in fact, statists. It's why they're in government.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:43:28 AM PST
Your OT title....A most clever play-on-words!!! winks*

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 11:41:19 AM PST
It IS better to donate money and I'm definitely in favor of healthy eating. However, I think Bloomberg represents the worst threat to our personal freedom. The one thing that holds this country back from an efficient healthcare system is the idea that, if the government were to have a hand in healthcare, they would get to dictate how we live our lives. People like Bloomberg lend some real credence to this argument.

I usually find myself siding with the Democratic Party because I believe in personal liberty above all things, but in this matter they are a dangerous force for control and oppression. Unless you are an incredibly dull and boring person, you make many choices every week that are detrimental to your health. If I claim that you no longer have the right to do these things out of some misguided idea that it will hurt the insurance pool (it won't) then we have essentially robbed ourselves of liberty in exchange for...what? Lower insurance premiums (yeah right).

I guess the TL:DR of this is: I want a world where we can all have healthcare AND live free. Behavioral engineering is an unacceptable role for government whether it's banning abortion or cheeseburgers.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 12:16:35 PM PST
Horowitz says:
It's also about time we legalize marijuana. I still don't understand how some are against medical marijuana, even though it's proven to help those with illnesses such as cancer.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 12:26:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 12:31:41 PM PST
ITT: The folks that came to this thread late completely and totally missing the point and buying into the sensationalist garbage that the media feeds them. Here in NYC a grand total of no one is discussing this. I volunteer at soup kitchens/shelters here often and a grand total of no one is talking about it in those places either.

Stop being sheep. Stop politicizing EVERYTHING.

The internet. ... Mob mentality at it's worst. Read the whole thread before lending your voice to an argument that you're inventing and doesn't actually exist in the real world.

And how ironic is it that idiots who know nothing about the situation complain about "big government" don't even live here and the antithesis of big government is letting cities and states govern themselves. People in NYC like Bloomberg. Basically mind your business. Bloomberg is a mayor of a city. He's not the President.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 12:33:22 PM PST
So you can at this time confirm that the hungry masses are NOT being turned away from soup kitchens and shelters?

Yeah, I didn't feel like getting into it with these people. I had an opinion on this issue, which I changed when presented with new (or more complete) information.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 12:39:17 PM PST
Haha yeah man. Of course no one is being turned away.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:50:17 PM PST
Horowitz says:
"Bloomberg is a mayor of a city. He's not the President."

Thank the lord for that.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 4:53:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 4:54:19 PM PST
You couldn't just be a man and say you read nothing in the thread (and know absolutely nothing about the subject) and just felt like trolling? Unreal dude. Grow up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:54:48 PM PST
Horowitz says:
I took my vitamins as a kid and grew up just fine. But I didn't have Bloomberg breathing down my neck.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:58:09 PM PST
I don't even know what the heck you're talking about at this point. More to the point nor do you. Did you read the thread? Do you have ANY idea what you're talking about?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:19:26 PM PST
Hahaha...You sound totally agitated!!! Did your team lose today??? winks*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:21:28 PM PST
I'm not agitated in the least.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:22:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 5:27:01 PM PST
Ha!!! Ok then!!!...Wait a minute----I hope you didn't dv me??? pout*

See ya

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:25:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 5:26:21 PM PST
Of course not. I don't dv anyone. If I don't like what someone says I say so. Only women use the dv. Just ignore the dv's.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:28:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 5:30:12 PM PST
I don't think Sooo...(only women)...But wouldn't that be hilarious if true???

Anyway...Sorry to interrupt your discussion....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:29:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 5:29:44 PM PST
I mean "women" in the figuritive sense. And trust me it's true.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:43:23 PM PST
You mean all the dv's on my thread were done by "girly men"??? LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:44:47 PM PST
Well ... you're a special case.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:49:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 5:53:03 PM PST
Hahahah....Whatchu mean..."a special case"???...You can talk to me i won't tell a soul.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:56:22 PM PST
Oh I think you know what I'm taking about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 5:59:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 6:03:40 PM PST
Where did your nemesis disappear to i wonder???...I hope i didn't chase em away

Sooo Do you have tomorrow off....what ever you do or don't do???

BTW...I thought YOU just said that you say what you mean??? Never mind....Gotta FLY!!! Have a great evening MFS...bye* bye*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 6:02:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 6:03:52 PM PST
I'm a Business Analyst/Manager. I don't have off.

Edit: And what I said was that if someone says something I don't like I say so.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  82
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions