Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Pokemon X & Y Announced

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 166 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:53:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 5:53:51 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
It does look a little rough to be honest but I understand the hype behind it.
That said, I'm at NeoGAF right now and it couldn't get any creepier .. watching 30 year olds orgasming over a new Pokemon game is not something you see everyday.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:54:33 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
Cocaine cakes? Where can I get those?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:02:36 AM PST
I guess any outdoor woodstock-like concert?

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:03:29 AM PST
I don't want to get this game. I literally hacked Pokemon White 2 just so I could beat it a lot faster and after I beat the main story, I didn't even bother to go back and get any legendaries.

But.......this appears to be at least a nice graphical leap for the series and I could use a good 3DS game.

Decisions, decisions.

:(

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:06:10 AM PST
Bulbachutwo says:
Yea, I noticed that also (the rough part). Hopefully it's just beta footage and they'll clean up the graphics and framerate by October 13th, which is completely reasonable. I'm just excited for a 3D Pokemon game with decent looking animation.

Plus, did you guys see Psyduck and Pikachu in-game? Maybe we'll be getting some older Gen Pokemon catchable in the wild. This excites me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:23:42 AM PST
Where is the fun in hacking the game :p

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:27:46 AM PST
That's why I am not sure if I want to get another Pokemon game...I wasn't feeling the "fun" of it. I don't want to spend 60 hours grinding away to get through the boring storing. In fact, I can't recall the last 'fun" time I had playing pokemon. It just feels the same and is getting stale.

=(

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:29:18 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I still need to play B/W2

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:31:21 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Me too. I put 80 hours into Black, but passed on Black 2. Now I'm not sure I'll ever get there because I won't have the patience to play 2 Pokemon games in a year and I really want Y.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 6:33:43 AM PST
Chocolette says:
Pikachu? This may just be my second pokemon game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:35:46 AM PST
Chocolette says:
That's exactly what I think of Pokemon. I played Yellow...and the rest feels like rinse and repeat. Plus a few little things.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:36:43 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
But it's so much fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:38:44 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Then you should play Black. Gold was my first, and I absolutely loved it. Day/night cycle based on our time and Pokemon that would only show up at certain times. I tried going back and playing the Blue, but it didn't happen. Then I tried Ruby and Emerald, didn't get very far. Skipped Diamond and those and got Black and friggin' loved it. Best Pokemon game since Gold for me. Now I'm in a Pokemon mood again and Y looks great.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:39:24 AM PST
Perhaps it's time you moved on from Pokemon then :3

I admit B/W2 wasn't great, but not because it was dull or had a bad story, because there was no new pokemon. I think a lot of the fun in the game is seeing the new pokemon, the new attacks, etc... I didn't finish B/W2, but I still enjoyed it for the time I played it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:40:52 AM PST
Chocolette says:
The first time....

Well, no, I'll be honest. It's because there's no Pikachu following me in the latter games. I didnt feel Ash-like enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:41:53 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I so wish there was a way to import Pokemon from game to game without having to have two of everything. Especially now with cloud saving. It would be awesome if we could put a file out there that shows the Pokemon we have and their levels that could be downloaded and accessed from the next game in the series.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:42:02 AM PST
In Heart Gold/Soul Silver you could have Any Pokemon follow you.

I had a Linoone following me for a looong time.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:42:11 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I thought that only happened in Yellow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:42:51 AM PST
Quite Frankly i'm surprised they haven't done that with the new games. The old ones there was a way. Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire to Diamond and Pearl was possible with a DS that had the GBA slot on the bottom. That was nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:44:02 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
As much as I'd like to agree with you, I just can't.

Pokemon games are amazing and each feel so different from one and another.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:44:38 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
I agree with the amazing part, but even I can't agree with the feel so different part =p

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:44:38 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
To each their own man ...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:44:55 AM PST
I have to agree. They look the same and play sort of the same, but once i start playing a new game, it's like a whole new feeling about it, i can't really explain it...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:45:51 AM PST
Chocolette says:
But it's not Pikachu! It's just not the same calibre. With facial expressions.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 6:47:03 AM PST
Chocolette says:
That's what I mean. I loved Yellow because Pikachu was with me from beginning to end. Awwww.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  166
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions