Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Obama's speech last night in CT...thoughts? Opinions?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 501-512 of 512 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:07:28 PM PST
Very true, again like James Holmes if he was so suicidal and mentally unstable why then was he wearing body armor? I mean if he was incoherent of his actions he wouldn't have worried so much of being shot or injured during his rampage.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:10:38 PM PST
"Posterity! you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom! I hope you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it."

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:11:23 PM PST
Keller says:
People aren't taking issue with your stance, but rather your presentation. Until this is remedied you will continue to struggle connecting with those whom you are debating with.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:18:20 PM PST
We have a culture of fear, we fear everything... This guy that killed all those innocent kids had mental health problems... But he was also raised by a doomsday prepper one that prepares for the end, can you imagine being raised in such an environment of paranoia and constant reminders that when the end comes it's you vs. them...

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:31:25 PM PST
Cinema Fan says:
I was just going to mention that. Nancy Lanza was a wackjob herself and fed him into the gun culture. She was amassing an arsenal for doomsday, and taking him to gun ranges for training.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:59:53 PM PST
RoadKing says:
How do we know this? All I got was she got into guns and bought For protection but then started to enjoy and took up target shooting. Was it reported somewhere that she was a doomsday type? Her friend tonight said that she took her son to the range to teach him responsibility and to be among people. Weird thing he also said the shooter( don't care to mention his name) took great pride in how safe he was in handling the weapons.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:04:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 6:05:51 PM PST
Cinema Fan says:
His aunt (her sister) stated that she was collecting guns because she was prepping for doomsday. Also, according to most gun dealers, the AR-35, the weapon used, is not difficult at all to use, requiring little to no training. It's lightweight (8 lbs) and has little to no kickback.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:04:11 PM PST
RoadKing says:
I never suggested banning body armor would prevent anything. My point was I would hope I would know if my mentally ill secluded kid had gotten one somehow.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:26:57 PM PST
Well, I apologize if I offended you or anyone else. Some of my previous posts were for dramatic effect, but I really am a staunch supporter of gun rights.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:28:28 PM PST
My friend has an AR-15 which is similar to the .223 used. It's a nice gun.

Although no one can definitively speak to the actions of the mother, the picture that is starting to be painted is one of a slightly paranoid individual.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:48:35 PM PST
RoadKing says:
Ok thanks didn't see that reported.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 6:59:48 PM PST
AndrewA says:
If holmes was so suicidal wouldn't he have committed suicide?
‹ Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  512
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions