Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

No one's saying it, but it has to be said. So... here goes:

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 148 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 8, 2013 6:17:55 AM PST
JWK says:
Tomb Raider is just as good as Uncharted 2.

It's not "close." It's not "almost as good." It's just as good. Just thinking about this game right now makes me want to quit my job and go home and play it right NOW. It also makes me feel funny in my pants.

Eff Bioshock Infinite. Tomb Raider will be GOTY 2013.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:18:44 AM PST
I think its better.

------------------------------->

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 6:20:57 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:22:12 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Tomb Raider is awesome. I would agree that it is just as good as any Uncharted game, but they play pretty different.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:22:52 AM PST
JWK says:
It very well *could* be. Also, so far (I'm about seven hours in) there have been NO bullet sponges. That's +1 TR and -1 UC2.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 6:27:37 AM PST
I knew it lol.
I bought it yesterday day and played it for 30 min before I went to bed. Those 30 min were awesome. But Does anyone else think Lara's Voice is kinda of annoying, English accents are hot but something about hers bothers me .

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 6:28:22 AM PST
I'm hoping so. Uncharted 2 was enjoyable from start to end. It's one of those games that don't feel like a grind. I'm saving Tomb Raider for this weekend.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 6:29:13 AM PST
JO MOMMA says:
ill pick up Tomb Raider when the price drops to $40.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:29:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 6:30:51 AM PST
JWK says:
I like Lara's voice, actually. But I also don't have anything to compare it against. This is my first TR game. I'm gonna go back and play the HD Trilogy when I'm done with this.

In fact, I think you'll find a few of the other voice actors far less competent than the lady who voices Lara.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 6:30:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 6:31:21 AM PST
Ham Salad says:
I like that it isn't being compared to Uncharted 3. It's good to know I wasn't the only one disappointed with that game. U2 was far superior.

I'll probably pick up Tomb Raider with a price drop too. Sounds great, but I've got plenty of other games to keep me company for now.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:32:18 AM PST
JWK says:
Ha! I like UC3 more than UC2. I just chose Uncharted 2 to compare it against because that seems to be everyone's favorite.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 6:33:00 AM PST
FOGE says:
Watch Californication for the Nude Raider mod.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 6:33:28 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
The time I've spent with Tomb Raider thus far has been pretty different from any Uncharted game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:36:09 AM PST
Those mods actually started showing up hours after it was released.

I just want one that removes the white undershirt that starts to show as the game progresses and her blue shirt tears.

I don't want a full nude mod.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:36:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 6:36:48 AM PST
I've never fapped to Nathan Drake either. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:39:31 AM PST
Soulshine says:
I wouldn't be all that surprised to hear it's unequivocally better than all the Uncharteds. It sounds like a really awesome game.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:41:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 6:41:24 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Just wait for Uncledonnie to show up.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 6:41:38 AM PST
T. E. Maddox says:
I am not too deep into Tomb Raider yet. I am definitely enjoying it but not yet ready to declare a winner between it and Uncharted II yet. Maybe Tomb Raider's plot gets more involved but so far I think Uncharted's narrative was better.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 6:43:04 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Has anyone tried the Tomb Raider multiplayer yet?

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 6:43:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 6:44:58 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I'd say its better than Uncharted. The crafting and leveling system, along with the amazing auto cover, just takes it to another level in the game play department-which is the most important aspect of the games at the end of the day.

Plus you have a BOW and you can spear arrows into peoples necks. The QTE's are not as generically done either, and the survival tone of TR has that serious feel. Overall better , more engaging experience for me, and i really love the Uncharted series.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:44:34 AM PST
FOGE says:
So are we in agreement? This game deserved a 12/10?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:45:26 AM PST
Oskar2525 says:
Slicing enemies legs with arrows and then bashing them over the head is one of my favorite things, ever!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:46:24 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
spoiler alert.

I just barely killed my first 500 guys, Lara's still freaking out about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:46:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 8, 2013 6:50:10 AM PST
got mayo?™ says:
I think it needs to be up for GOTY consideration for sure, regardless of what else shows its face this year. Its a superb reboot to a character driven series.

The overwhealming response on the VGF is proof enough. We all play a crapton of diff games, and i don't think collectively as a group most of us have not been this excited/entertained over a game in some time. Its like we were all jonesing for a game like this not even knowing it. As anticipated as it was, it still managed to surprise and engage you prob in ways we didnt see coming.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 6:46:35 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
12 Games in 12 Months 2016-2017 edition 142 3 minutes ago
What are some methods to take to get a publisher to do a remake or whatever? I want a hd remaster of knights of the old republic, eternal darkness, and dark cloud 1 or 2. 13 18 minutes ago
PS Plus June 2016 To Include NBA 2K16 And Gone Home 8 53 minutes ago
My current PSP game collection - What's yours? 38 56 minutes ago
Bloodborne Impressions 152 1 hour ago
Regarding Doom 33 1 hour ago
More troubling news for Microsoft as Xbox Scorpio way way way more powerful than PS4 Kneeo 11 1 hour ago
No Man's Sky officially delayed to August 9th 11 1 hour ago
Doom is the Mad Max: Fury Road of video games 2 2 hours ago
Weekend gaming 05/27 - 05/29: Obama is the first sitting U.S. president to visit Hiroshima, city destroyed by atomic bomb, gets confused and accidentally visits Wii U R&D section of Nintendo HQ. Says about gaff, "Well, it looks like it was destroyed too." 96 2 hours ago
OT: Donald Drumpf really getting out there and motivating the young Hispanic voters!!! 1008 3 hours ago
Microsoft's Xbox One Is Selling So Poorly Retailers Are Getting Desperate 621 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  148
Initial post:  Mar 8, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions