Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Absolute favorite burger place

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 189 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:55:37 AM PST
User says:
What about Fuddruckers? They still any good. I used to like going there as a child, but it's been a very long time.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:56:18 AM PST
Hands down - Red Robin.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:56:33 AM PST
Gameresq says:
I like Carl's Jr. better than 5 Guys and In-N-Out. No doubt, several people will disagree shortly. All are very good. I like the 4x4 at In-N-Out, which you cannot get other places.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 10:58:04 AM PST
Maybe the one near me was just that good? I dunno. It wasn't fast food when I want you had to wait for them to actually grill it. Perhaps they have changed in 5 years, it's been that long since I've had Carl's Jr. as I don't life in the west anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:02:13 AM PST
I hate Red Robin. No not because of the food but because the ads always make me hungry and there isn't a single one close to me.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:11:35 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
There really are no great local places, sadly. But there is a place here called Chubbie's that serves burgers about as big as a paper plate in terms of diameter. It's great for the 7-ish bucks and they'll put whatever you want on there. I tend to get the mushroom and swiss with bacon and caramelized onions. I cut it into three or four equal parts and have it for multiple meals.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:12:37 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
They have probably changed. I live in Texas and we got one here.

Everything looked pre-made, the fries were okay, the special sauce was nasty. Haven't been since.

I could of have a bad experience though.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:13:02 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Fuddrucker's has amazing buns which bring up their otherwise so-so burgers. A bit overpriced, though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:13:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 11:13:54 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Yuck!

(But they do have good buns)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:17:23 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Their fries are decent, too, and cheese sauce is free.

I don't go often due to price, but nostalgia is a big part of the experience for me. I grew up with one right down the road from us. My family would go there weekly because kids ate free. To this day, I still only get a plain burger and pour ketchup on it, because it's pure childish bliss. I've tried out their other burgers, and while they're good, it's just not what I want when I go to Fuddruckers.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:18:02 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
Really the best thing to do is buy buns from their bakery and make burgers at home.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:20:56 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
I think I'll go to Chubbie's this Friday and take a picture of the ginormous burger. Then you guys will understand how amazing an enormous $7 burger is.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:22:20 AM PST
neu Tron says:
Kuma's Corner in Chicago

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:22:22 AM PST
user22 says:
Aw man there used to be a Chubby's right down the street from me when I was a kid. I think they moved but are still somewhere in the area. I might have to check that out sometime. It's been so long but I do remember their burgers being good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:22:25 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I didn't know you could do this!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:23:57 AM PST
Not if I also want great fries to go with it. Making a good burger at home isn't much of an undertaking and it's hard to mess up short of over cooking it. But if you want good fries you need a deep frier and if you really want something good you need one set up to cook things at two seperate temperatures to master the twice cooked perfectly crispy/tender slice of potato heaven.

Or you could just have grilled corn instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:24:30 AM PST
Apparently more and more houses come with kitchens these days.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:26:12 AM PST
McAwesomeo says:
This is a local place and not a chain. So unless you're in SE Wisconsin it isn't the same place.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:26:34 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Red Robin

The Royal

Nice thick burger with all the trimmings INCLUDING a sunny-side up egg right on the burger with the rest of the lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, mayo. So good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:27:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 11:28:14 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
I prefer veggie kabobs. Or even just pepper strips.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:28:29 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
A lot of praise for red robin. Was never really a fan. Good, fattening burgers, but that's about it. Nothing left with me besides indigestion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:29:54 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Dang. We have a lot in common. Shame we don't live near each other. We'd probably be good friends.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:30:01 AM PST
That Emu Kid says:
What a hatter. If I try Becks Prime and they don't serve me Jesus in burger form, you are going to hear me cry about it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:30:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 11:31:06 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
I'm telling you, when I want something other than just an okay burger - I go to Becks. They have extremely good fries too, not as good as Five Guys fries though.

I am extremely picky about my burgers :/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 11:31:30 AM PST
I'm so hungry now. I got an email about their new burger that launches Friday. If you're in the Red Royalty club you get access to the new ones early.

It's some kind of spicy jalapeno, pineapple, and mango sauce tropical thingy.

It looks epic and delicious.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  54
Total posts:  189
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions