Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

OT: Obama cries Reading Statement on School Shooting

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 224 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 7:37:34 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Dude, I have NO idea what you just posted. I mentioned that you repeated yourself in your last post.

"Well if there is only one who has to support him, there are millions, so I do not need to support him if i feel he is not doing a great job."

I have no idea what this means either. In times of crisis, it is the job of the president to show empathy and conviction. It is natural for people to support him. You seem to equate that because people voted for him that they worship him. Where do you get that kind of hypothesis? Millions voted for Romney too, so do they worship him? I voted for Obama but I don't love him....So your theory holds no water. So you are indeed babbling about a conspiracy of Obama love that simply does not exist. Of course there are people that support him wholeheartedly but many don't too.

And what does 200 percent wrong mean?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 7:53:24 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
200% wrong means you were wrong twice which instantly makes you right.

I seriously don't understand how so many people even here thing that crying makes one less of a man. This has nothing to do with being manly. Being OK with yourself or others crying doesn't make you less than who you are. Sadness is a human emotion that does make you a man or a woman. I would rather have a leader who is human enough to cry any day than a person who is ashamed to do it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 7:56:48 PM PST
G. Krein says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 7:57:33 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I think one of Clinton's great moments as the OKC speech, and then of course's Bush's great speech at Ground Zero. I may have my disagreements with those two men and Obama too, but it is nice to see them all rise to the occasion when required.

I have no problem with the tears. I said my piece earlier when discussing that part of our problem as men is that we are not supposed to show emotion as that is weakness. We are always expected to be strong and stoic no matter what and it has harmed us. It can lead to depression and violence. And it has even harmed us academically.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 7:58:15 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Okay, where is this so called Obama worship? Please give specific instances and sources.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 7:59:39 PM PST
G. Krein says:
I will let you do that, you have more time on your hands than I do.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:06:10 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
So you admit that you are wrong. You have nothing at the top of your head. You cannot just make stuff up and pass it off as fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:25:33 PM PST
G. Krein says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:40:48 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
Wow. Okay...Thanks for proving me correct. You keep posting and yet don't want to waste your time. Just admit that you are wrong. It is okay, no one knows who you are. Besides I am proudly proclaiming how awesomely correct I am right now!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:57:19 PM PST
G. Krein says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 9:09:11 PM PST
J. Pardee says:
LOL, wow.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:10:49 PM PST
Is it just me or does this guy come off a little like Steve?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 9:12:10 PM PST
Finger says:
More than a little.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:19:31 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 9:21:24 PM PST
G. Krein says:

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 9:59:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 10:06:53 PM PST
Half the post was quoting me and then responding to it. I know he didn't use quotations, but checking who/what he was responding to can do wonders to not make you look like a ja.

Secondly, why the heck are you guys getting so worked up about this? I mean seriously, your seeing someone complaining about people obsessing about Obama like idiots, we see someone getting way too upset about our comments... Your behavior is way over the top, almost cult like. I know, I know, you don't give two craps about obama, but I say Obama worship and you say OmFG, never talk crap about him, you are so stupid, die you moron!!! It's just like wow, overkill much?

I posted twice on this thread and have been absolutely bashed both times,blatantly insulted, and dimeaned, and all I said was I don't think Obama crying was "presidently". Yet the response I am receiving is surreal. Dozens of downvotes, hateful comments, a downvote stalker following me in the other threads, you'd think I made an unsavory comment about the children or the massacre or something,when all i did was expressed a slightly negative opinion about Obama in a thread about opinions on what Obama did.

I honestly can't believe how some people here are acting. Seriously...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 10:02:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 10:03:01 PM PST
It's not about being sad or crying, it's about lacking composure when you are the president of the USA in the middle of a speech.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 10:03:33 PM PST
G. Krein says:
They won't do that, that would prove your right and their wrong, and god forbid they are wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 10:04:39 PM PST
G. Krein says:
Yep you do not want to appear weak while your in any kind of war, your enemy will take you less serious.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 10:07:40 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
I have never said anything to you. The guy posted something stupid and I called him out. Earlier you did say that Obama should not cry, and you are dead wrong, but I did not say anything about that.

For some reason you are getting worked up. Look at all my posts and see all the downvotes that I receive. I get tons, within seconds. It is not a big deal.

There is no cult following of Obama and I called him out and he cannot back up his statements. No big deal. While you are 100 percent wrong on your assessment of Obama and his reaction, I have not downvoted or said anything. Everyone has a right to their opinions but they need to understand that if they are controversial they will be called out.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 10:09:33 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
No the problem is that you made a fairly broad statement and could not back it up. Just have evidence is all.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 10:12:39 PM PST
No, the guy quoted me, and then you insulted him for ten posts about how stupid what "I" wrote said, and also the repetition, which was actually me saying something, them him responding, see that's how quotes work... You understand yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 10:12:40 PM PST
G. Krein says:
No i chose to allow you to look it up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 10:16:44 PM PST
AndrewA says:
I don't think your posts were mild as you think they were, but in any case, I don't know what else you expected. This has clearly been a very sensitive subject.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 10:17:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 10:19:25 PM PST
Dukeshire says:
"First off, you really don't know what you are talking about. You live in some fantasy, conspiracy theory filled world; where EVERYONE loves Obama and attacks those that don't. This is asinine. One has to support the president during these times.....

Obama worship? Dude you mentioned this a dozen times in your horribly written post. There is no Obama worship....You really need to do some research before posting something so off base that it makes you look really dumb."

Above is what I wrote, and while it is facetious, it is not insulting. What he wrote was not intelligent.

Honestly I don't care who he was responding to. You are all worked up in a lather over an Internet post and for some reason taking it out on me. If it makes you feel better then go for it. I did not write what you wrote earlier, I did not say something asinine about a man wiping a tear from his eye, nor did I respond to you. Again, I responded to a faux conspiracy theory about a cult like following to Obama. That is the point of an Internet forum....If that upsets you then mayhap you need to see a shrink. I really don't get why you are all upset right now. Maybe you should go after those that actually insulted you and not live vicariously through Mr. Krein.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 10:18:26 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 10:21:25 PM PST
Furthermore, cult like is not "cult". "cult" is aluminati and a bunch of other stuff I don't believe In, or WBC and people like them. Cult-like is saying you feel something someone did was unbecoming of his position, and being told you're stupid for having written it, and that you are 100% wrong, fact, and that statement is somehow completely proven and my assessment is baseless... cult-like might be too strong a word, but I wasn't using it as strongly as your interpreting it, I'm not saying he's being worshipped, I'm saying he is getting credit when credit ain't due, and he's getting slack when people should be on his butt.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Quantum Break is Microsoft's Biggest New Turd This Gen 75 19 minutes ago
Dorito buys the pos Oculus headset, another in a long line of mistakes 2 29 minutes ago
Amazon metrics show that shoppers are heavily favoring PS4, while Xbox One games get left in the dust 306 1 hour ago
OT: Annual Survey: Chick-fil-a Is Americans' Favorite Fast Food Restaurant, Followed by Papa John's (??); Chipotle Took The Biggest Hit and McDonald's Was In Last Place Again 178 1 hour ago
"Oculus Rift is an overwhelming disappointment" says Digital Trends review 18 1 hour ago
Scorpio Is The Last Fart Of The Dying Corpse That Is Xbox. 5 1 hour ago
Bungie Killing Off Destiny on PS3 and Xbox 360 18 1 hour ago
Games With Gold For July Possibly Leaked 6 1 hour ago
Weekend gaming 06/24 - 06/26: Obama criticisizes publication of top fast food in conjunction with E3 conference. "We already have an obesity epidemic, the last thing I need is Phil Spencer encouraging people to shovel down Chick Fil A waffle fries." 65 1 hour ago
Microsoft's Xbox One Is Selling So Poorly Retailers Are Getting Desperate 708 3 hours ago
Scorpio is 18 months away. Until then, XBox One is still a slow disappointing piece of chit 44 3 hours ago
"Oculus is a Nauseating Disappointment" says MIT Technology Review 1 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  224
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 23, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions