Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

New Splinter Cell Blacklist trailer - A tribute to Chaos Theory

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-17 of 17 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012 6:13:37 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Ubisoft has released a new stealthy trailer for the company's upcoming action-adventure title "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist."

The game's newest trailer, commented over by Zack Cooper, Community Developer, features a dark and shadowy environment that will be featured in this new Splinter Cell game, alongside Chaos Theory's classic mechanic Closer Than Ever.

Per Cooper, this trailer is said to be dedicated to all classic Splinter Cell fans, and in the coming weeks, the company will "go in depth and showcase the stealthiest elements in Splinter Cell Blacklist."

"The United States has a military presence in two thirds of the countries around the world. A group of 12 have had enough and initiate a terror ultimatum called the Blacklist - a deadly countdown of escalating terrorist attacks on US interests," the game's official page states. "Sam Fisher is the leader of the newly formed Fourth Echelon unit: a clandestine unit that answers solely to the President of the United States. Sam and his team must hunt down these terrorists by any means necessary, and stop the Blacklist countdown before it reaches zero."

Like Us on Facebook :
"Splinter Cell: Blacklist" is set to be the sixth installment of "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell" series, and follow the events of "Splinter Cell: Conviction." "Blacklist" has been noted for introducing a new gameplay mechanic called killing in motion. What this does is it allows the player to highlight targets and take them out in quick succession, with a new fluidity while on the run.

Moreover, there will be voice integration with Xbox's Kinect peripheral, which will allow gamers to say things to distract enemies and then attack. As far as the game's multiplayer is concerned, designer Maxime Beland has confirmed that the "spy vs. mercs" competitive mode from the prior games of the series would be making a return.

Previously, in June, Ubisoft had revealed that "Splinter Cell: Blacklist" will feature extensive stealth mechanics. The company also added its then E3 demo of the five minutes gameplay video didn't represent the final game and that it was a small taste of the things to come as this will be the biggest Splinter Cell game ever made.

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/4515/20121114/splinter-cell-blacklist-new-stealthy-video-revealed.htm

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:28:18 AM PST
Direct youtube link
http://youtu.be/cfGjAJYPW_E

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:33:32 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Is that the same video?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:46:15 AM PST
Voice of god says:
I don't understand the point of this article or video. Did they really just write 400 words hyping up a one-minute video that contains only a 10-second gameplay clip of a corner takedown?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:49:00 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Lol they sure did... it's a big Fn tease!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:49:56 AM PST
Yeah, i just opened up the embedded video from the article I posted the link. I haven't even had a chance to watch the video.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:50:33 AM PST
Yea I'm rather let down by that... Was I supposed to impressed or something? I'm a little confused here.

Also bring back the original voice actor damn it!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:51:42 AM PST
StriderNeo15 says:
Too old and fat.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:54:07 AM PST
But that voice, it was perfect for Sam Fisher. It's rather jarring suddenly hearing Sam sound damn near 20 years younger.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:55:22 AM PST
Marvelous says:
Yeah I'm rather disappointed in Ubisofts decision to just replace the actor than make a brand new character.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:55:24 AM PST
And if they can't get the old voice actor at least get a sound alike, someone like Emma Stone.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 6:58:22 AM PST
Marvelous says:
The new voice actor actually isn't bad, he rather delievers the lines very convincingly, but its just matching the voice with a face that's had one of the best voices in gaming history.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 6:58:24 AM PST
They could have brought in Doc Hammer to do his Doctor Girlfriend voice lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:00:11 AM PST
Yea I don't understand why they didn't make a new character since they changed actors for Sam. I do like the new voice actor but he isn't Sam Fisher to me though. In fact I was quite shocked when watching one of the trailers (the one where he's bound up in the beginning) and realized half way through that was Sam Fisher and not someone else.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 7:02:21 AM PST
Voice of god says:
I thought Michael Ironside did a good job, but I give zero cares about using a new actor as long as the game is fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:04:12 AM PST
Marvelous says:
I seriously think it would have been a better judgement call if they retired Sam Fisher, promoted him into the position Lambert use to be in, and that way we'd get a new character but hear Michael Ironside in our ears in missions.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012 7:31:45 AM PST
I would have been totally cool with this move. I really liked the personality that Ironside brought to Fisher and I would have liked to have seen his continued involvement in the franchise.

Definitely looking forward to Black List but I'll be missing Ironside while playing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  17
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions