Customer Discussions > Video Games forum

Pokemon X & Y Announced

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 166 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 8, 2013 4:42:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 4:43:40 AM PST
http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/8/3850046/nintendo-announces-pokemon-x-and-y-for-the-3ds

Nintendo will release a brand new Pokémon game series for the 3DS called Pokémon X and Pokémon Y in October 2013, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced in a Nintendo Direct presentation today.

The game will make use of the Nintendo's 3DS's features and will release in North America, Europe, Australia and Japan "around the same time," Iwata said.

Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will feature three starter Pokémon: Froakie, Fennekin and Chespin. Pikachu appeared briefly in the trailer for the games among the new Pokémon introduced.

The games will allow players to play with each other and connect globally. With previous Pokémon games releasing years apart in Japan and North America, Iwata emphasized that this will be the first Pokémon series that will receive a similar release period worldwide so that players can connect with each other.

Here is the Youtube of the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bIrWryFc7A&feature=player_embedded

Looks great! Full 3D animated battles and overworld, the starters actually look reasonable, and it'll utilize the 3DS's power and features. This has me excited for October 13. To the Pokemon players out here, what do you think? It looks like it included a lot of things people, including myself, felt the games needed to change.

***EDITED TO ADD***

Also, the Legendaries looks cool, especially the X one. I'll probably get that version first.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 4:51:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 4:55:10 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Wow, that looks fantastic. I hope that the story is as good as it was in Black. Even the title pokemon look awesome. It would be really hard to choose which one I wanted. I think it might be the first Pokemon where I get both.

Sucks that it doesn't look like there will be a fighting type starter. Black was super easy if you picked Tepig because he was Fire/Fighting, when he evolved into Pignite and Emboar, and that is a pretty lethal combination.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 4:52:12 AM PST
If only they made the Pokemon themselves 3D it would have been perfect... at least that's what I got from the screenshots I saw, i can't actually click the youtube link at the moment, are the pokemon 3D as well or sprites?

I'm sure I will pick this up in a heartbeat. I love gettin a new pokemon game and seeing the new Pokemon ideas, even if a majority of them are extremely silly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 4:55:43 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Everything looks to be in 3D, battles too.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 4:59:50 AM PST
is it just for the 3DS?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:00:26 AM PST
Oh. Good. GOD.

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:04:22 AM PST
Anthony says:
nintendo just wants to force me to finally get a 3DS. damn them and their evil desire to make money.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:04:51 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
Finally.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:05:00 AM PST
Cats Go Nyan says:
I can finally justify my 3DS purchase!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:05:05 AM PST
you know you want it!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:07:19 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I'd love to move up to the XL, but there isn't a CPP for it, and I want a bundle like Luigi's Mansion before I do.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:10:03 AM PST
I traded my 3DS for a 3DS XL not too long ago. Gamestop was running a deal for double the normal value of all traded in systems. I got 100$ for the 3DS, which I only paid 160 for to begin with, and picked up the red XL. Soooooo much nicer IMO. not just the large screen, the matte finish, the weight, the more rounded edges, everything is nicer.

highly recommended, though from what my friends tell me not for 3D use, gives them a headache quicker... doesn't bother me since I can't see 3D, i keep the slider off at all times.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:12:04 AM PST
MrFoxhound says:
I don't want to give up my 2nd analog stick though for games like Metal Gear and Resident Evil, and there isn't a Circle Pad Pro option for the XL yet. I may have to import one since Japan either has one now, or will soon.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:14:12 AM PST
Arseface says:
*drool*

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:17:59 AM PST
huh I could have sworn there was one... Well in that case I would wait :3.

Good thing is you still have a 3DS so you can still play them and Pokemon when it comes out.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:18:45 AM PST
Kin-foot says:
I have never played Pokemon. Just thought I'd share.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:25:32 AM PST
Oh good, more pokemon.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:26:25 AM PST
Ice King says:
I wasn't going to get a 3DS XL but after holding one I found it hard to go back to the original. Everything about the XL is better.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:26:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 5:29:16 AM PST
HorizonBrave says:
This is great news, I love me some Pokemon from time to time.

BUT ... this is the first time we get a new generation after only 2 years of the previous one and only one year after BW2, I hope Gamefreak's quality doesn't take a hit because of Nintendo rushing the release.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:27:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 5:31:08 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Damnit, and I just bought a Vita.

(It's too early for Vita jokes I guess)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:29:51 AM PST
Anthony says:
Shun him!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:34:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 8, 2013 5:35:10 AM PST
Couldn't agree more! I was on the fence till I went to Gamestop and held one in my paws. Iiiii was sold.

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:43:56 AM PST
The Drizzle says:
this looks awesome. i still need to play black/white 2, but i will be all over this when it is released.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 5:45:40 AM PST
I'm going off on a limb here, but I don't think we have to worry about it. Something like this has probably been in the works for a while. Getting the artwork, mechanics, game play right, after having nearly perfected the 2D version, probably means they started this a while ago, waiting for the perfect moment (3DS release) to implement what we have been asking for for a long time. Also, B/W2 were more of extensions of what was already released out there, so I doubt they used their full resources on it and then switched to this. They probably split their team up.

Again, all speculation, but possible. Don't fret :)

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 5:50:00 AM PST
JJ4prez says:
Anyone want to bet that this thing was finished like 6 months ago? I bet they wanted to see the sales from BF and Christmas time plus the pickup. Since the 3DS is selling like cocaine cakes, they decided to push it through, finally.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Video Games forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Sony doesn't understand security: Why PlayStation Network is such an attractive target for hackers 35 14 seconds ago
Japan Sales 37 18 seconds ago
Does the PSone Silent Hill still hold up? 6 33 seconds ago
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut turns the expansion into a standalone next month 3 52 seconds ago
Are you still upset that Anita Sarkeesian raised $150k to destroy video games? Then this is for you! 124 1 minute ago
OT: Emotional Plea From Mother of Steven Sotloff, American ISIS Captive 28 1 minute ago
OT: A Legit Explanation for Why Youtube Comments Are The Ignorant Filth that They Are 22 4 minutes ago
PS+ Sep 14 41 5 minutes ago
OT: Giant Wasps' Nest Discovered On Woman's Guest Bed 12 5 minutes ago
OT: Canada Warns Russia That They Will Defend Arctic Sovereignty 28 6 minutes ago
OT: Worst Wedding Experience Ever? 88 8 minutes ago
Diablo 2.1 patch tomorrow! 83 8 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Video Games forum
Participants:  37
Total posts:  166
Initial post:  Jan 8, 2013
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions